Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 01:03 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need to find a way to get Vernon back involved in the offense. Seems like he hasn't done anything in weeks.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, ummm, can you not formation shift in today's NFL? Ridiculous call by the refs. Just ridiculous.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex can still play a lot better. That throwaway to Gore angered me.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:34 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
So, ummm, can you not formation shift in today's NFL? Ridiculous call by the refs. Just ridiculous.
Second week in a row they have blown that call. What a joke.

It is crazy to think that a year ago Bruce Miller was playing LB and now he has a 30 yard TD under his belt. Great scouting by the 49ers on that one.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:43 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
Alex can still play a lot better. That throwaway to Gore angered me.
I don't think he even had a chance on that play. Landry was in his face right when he turned around. His worst throw was the short out route intended for Edwards on the second drive. Other than that he has been okay. One drop by Gore, one pass that wasn't really a drop but that did hit Vernon's hands twice and the throw away that you mention. Lets not forget that the Redskins defense is pretty decent.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ughh. Staley.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:03 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex has looked money so far this half. Vd's drop could've changed the whole complexion of the entire game, HUGE play. VD seems out of it.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:30 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Ughh. Staley.
Staley is too critiqued, honestly. He has shut down Orakpo all day and now Orakpo makes one play and Staley sucks, according to a lot of 49er fans. No one is going to mistake Staley for an elite LT any time soon but he is pretty good and usually only has one or two bad plays a month.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Staley is too critiqued, honestly. He has shut down Orakpo all day and now Orakpo makes one play and Staley sucks, according to a lot of 49er fans. No one is going to mistake Staley for an elite LT any time soon but he is pretty good and usually only has one or two bad plays a month.
Well, to be fair, I didn't say he sucked. I just said "Ughhh" after Orakpo destroyed him on that sack.

Old 11-06-2011, 02:34 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Yeah, I was more referring to someone on a different message board but I have seen it done here, too. Like against the Lions he got owned on the first play but has been dominant since then, until that sack.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Yeah, that's kind of life as an offensive lineman. When you get beat, it is seen by everyone, but when you beast on somebody, it gets lost in the shuffle.

Old 11-06-2011, 02:36 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

Most of the individual mistakes are on 3rd downs or on the cusp of big plays, thats why they stand out so much.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

That's a good point as well Binary.

Old 11-06-2011, 02:39 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
Most of the individual mistakes are on 3rd downs or on the cusp of big plays, thats why they stand out so much.
That is true, too. It seems like every time he does make a mistake, something really bad happens right after.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

If at any point this season, I start to feel bad about our offense, I will think of the Redskins and feel better.

Old 11-06-2011, 03:13 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Way too ugly of an game. Glad to get out of there with the W but we were less than impressive and are lucky that the Redskins are so terrible. Everything on our team is on point except we clearly lack a big play passing offense. Its not costing us yet but we're going to need that to compete with teams like the Saints and Packers in the playoffs. Its not all on Alex either, but someone needs to step it up.

That being said, props to the defense, the run game, and another solid day from Special Teams. I also liked seeing Braylon and Crabtree get somewhat involved. And props to Bruce Miller for his first TD, beautiful pass and throw. Culliver had another nice game, unfortunately Aldon didn't record a sack today and seemed invisible. However, the Redskins were getting the ball out quick on checkdowns+ screens, as evidenced by Helu's 14 catches.

On to the next week. Can't complain too much about being 7-1 and having the 2nd best record in the NFL.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes the passing game is still disappointing. But it's getting a little better. Crabtree is catching more passes as well. Alex Smith almost passed for 200 yards today!

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:31 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Passing game looked just as good as the running game. If Gore makes that catch on the early 3rd down and Davis catches that long ball then Smith ends up with around 240 yards and probably another touchdown. Just need to work on those dropped passes and this offense could be great.

And didn't Smith pass for exactly 200?
Old 11-06-2011, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
And didn't Smith pass for exactly 200?
You are right. I thought he had 197.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:44 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

I'll take 200 yards on only 24 pass attempts, especially with two dropped long passes. 8.3 Y/A is pretty good. If those two passes aren't dropped the final is probably something like 29-11, a field goal on one of those drives and a touchdown on the other, with Smith finishing

19/24 (79%)
240 yards
2 TD
0 INT
136 rating

And are we even having this discussion?

Last edited by abaddon41_80 : 11-06-2011 at 04:14 PM.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Davis makes that catch, we're talking about a game that isn't nearly as close.

Either way, when Miller was wide open for that TD pass, I just yelled "YES!!!"

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 11-06-2011, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The team looked a bit off today, but turnovers helped. It looked like things just weren't quite right and they beat a team that isn't very good when it should have been a blowout.

It took a few weeks to get the timing right for the line to get its timing right for the running game to start clicking and it is starting to come together more consistantly for as a pass blocking group as well. Opportunity for a lot more yards is there by just finishing the plays being run. These drops are just killing drives and keeping points off the board and next week is when it could really bite us in the ass.

This week was kind of dress rehearsal for the upcoming teams that can give us problems. I'm glad to see 7-1 with 4 wins in the eastern time zone, but things need to be cleaned to beat three potential playoff teams on our schedule.

It was nice to see a team have to scheme to keep the pass rush at bay by constantly dumping the ball off. Bringing Willis, Bowman and Goldson into play to take Aldon, Justin and Ahmad out isn't the worst trade off. Not many teams have that luxury.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:38 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're 7-1 and im a happy camper. Was hoping the Patriots would win but oh well. Next week's game is huge for us as it will determine whether we finish with the second, third or fourth seed. Happy the Cowboys won against the Seahawks. A 5 game lead is awesome and hopefully, we'll have our division wrapped up before December. :)
Old 11-06-2011, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was looking at the schedule and seeding possibilities. Beating the Giants would be huge. I mean huge as they are the one team besides ourselves that can get in the way of a two seed.

That would leave Detroit as the only two loss NFC team and they have both GB games left. Having the head to head on Detroit and NYG as well as the NFC loss tie breaker on all the three loss teams would be nice with two AFC games and the division games left.

So, huge game for controlling destiny. Stupid early to be talking about this, but that should help build the anticipation.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:10 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Niner fans were WELL represented at FedEx Field today. You would have thought it was a home game. Beautiful sight to see. I thought we played sub-par on both sides of the ball. The turnovers were the difference. Alex seemed very jittery after the huge hit/sack on the first drive. It was evident from my view and others that he didnt let alot of plays develop in his deeper drops. There were several plays where if he just held the ball a half a second longer, guys would have came open for huge gains. I thought once they started to shorten Beck's drops and went with the short passing game, our D didnt adjust and there were just huge lanes. I keyed in on Aldon alot in the nickel package and he was handled fair easily by Trent Williams. I would like to see Fangio move him around more. So many missed sacks today, frustrating to watch. But still, a victory on the east coast is still something to be proud of. Was a absolute joy to watch my Niners in person, surrounded by a sea of Niner fans. Thinking of making the trip to B-More for Thankgiving.

And that toss-counter is even more impressive in person. Love that play...

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 11-06-2011 at 11:27 PM.
Closed Thread