Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 11:17 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As I agree with you guys about today game it was fun to watch the defense just take out the run game.However,I would still love to see us pass more 30 times a game specially if we are gonna beat the Ravens or Steelers.After the Giants game today I'm a little worried only on our pass defense could struggle but still stay in check to make it a close game.If we can win our next two games we got this people.

7-1 49ers I love!And even A.Smith got me 30 points on fantasy league to day .
Old 11-07-2011, 01:39 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll say this ... it wasn't our finest performance ... from the offense. The defense was solid. Once they got the 16-point lead, they played safe. Kind of was a letdown at the end. Don't forget the first three-and-a-half quarters the defense was practically pitching a shutout.

The offense was OK. Moved the chains a lot, but didn't hit on any real big plays outside of the Miller TD, which was a beauty. We didn't throw deep too much, and I think that was out of respect for their passrush. Just short and intermediate routes with not much YAC.

Also: David Akers. Awesome.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:12 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
As I agree with you guys about today game it was fun to watch the defense just take out the run game.However,I would still love to see us pass more 30 times a game specially if we are gonna beat the Ravens or Steelers.After the Giants game today I'm a little worried only on our pass defense could struggle but still stay in check to make it a close game.If we can win our next two games we got this people.

7-1 49ers I love!And even A.Smith got me 30 points on fantasy league to day .
Well the Giants are a good test coming up. Frank Gore is getting banged up as he needed help getting off the podium after the game. Looks like an ankle issue. If he's limited in practice or can't go against the Giants, Kendall Hunter and Anthony Dixon will have to shoulder the load. If the Giants start scoring early and often via the air it's going to be tough for this offense to keep up. No one is scared of their passing game as of yet and we struggle on third downs. The passing chemistry seems to be getting better between Alex and his receivers at least.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:44 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Niner fans were WELL represented at FedEx Field today. You would have thought it was a home game. Beautiful sight to see. I thought we played sub-par on both sides of the ball. The turnovers were the difference. Alex seemed very jittery after the huge hit/sack on the first drive. It was evident from my view and others that he didnt let alot of plays develop in his deeper drops. There were several plays where if he just held the ball a half a second longer, guys would have came open for huge gains. I thought once they started to shorten Beck's drops and went with the short passing game, our D didnt adjust and there were just huge lanes. I keyed in on Aldon alot in the nickel package and he was handled fair easily by Trent Williams. I would like to see Fangio move him around more. So many missed sacks today, frustrating to watch. But still, a victory on the east coast is still something to be proud of. Was a absolute joy to watch my Niners in person, surrounded by a sea of Niner fans. Thinking of making the trip to B-More for Thankgiving.

And that toss-counter is even more impressive in person. Love that play...
Glad you enjoyed your first game. You should definitely look to get tix to the Harbaugh Bowl. That game should be awesome.

I think the team played down to their competition a little bit but the game was not as close as the score indicated. The offense was very similar to the Cowboys game, where they didn't maximize all their chances (especially on 3rd down) and let the other team hang around through the end of the game. It could have bit them in the a%* but it didn't, so I'm definitely happy with the win.

Alex doesn't overwhelm with the eye test, which is what some on this board seem to have the biggest problem with. He was very efficient (completing almost 80% of his passes) and had a few drops by receivers that would have led them to some more points, more time of possession and keeping the ball on a few more 3rd downs.

VD needs to be more involved and they looked to get him chances in this game. He didn't maximize all of them but it's a good sign, moving forward.

Bowman's emergence as a solid tackler and playmaker has allowed Willis to take his game to the next level. Thus why you see him rushing the QB more often and going for more strips, causing more fumbles. I would love to see both in the Pro Bowl this year but Bowman will likely get hosed as he's not a household name...yet.

Bottom line, there's always room to improve and I expect this team to continue to do so.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 11-07-2011, 09:17 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am more worried about the playcalling of the offense than the play of the players, as weird as that seems. It just seems to me that, especially on third down and in the red zone, that we are getting away from what has been working on that particular drive. Sometimes we will get to a third and one or two running the ball and then suddenly we want to pass and then the next drive we move right up the field passing the ball and we decide to run on third down.

I can understand Harbaugh trying to mix things up and keep the defense on their toes but sometimes he outsmarts himself more than he outsmarts the other team, like the reverse to Walker yesterday. Smith was 3/4, the only incomplete being a perfectly thrown dropped pass, but then Harbaugh feels like he needs to try something else.

Then you add in the dropped passes at key moments, which it seems like they all have been. I think Braylon Edwards was right, though, this offense isn't as good as it could be and it does look to be improving as he and Crabtree work their way into it.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
This coming from the guy who married his sister???
I married my Aunt Dan so jokes on you!
Old 11-07-2011, 01:41 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
LOL. Funny.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You have an aunt named Dan?!?! Weird indeed. ;)

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 11-07-2011, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know a lot of you are down on the defense for going soft, but, really, who would have thought that, after the way their offense played the whole game, that they would pull together an 11 play drive down the field? I won't blame them for not allowing the Skins to get a big play.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 11-07-2011, 07:46 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I was watching Mike and Mike this morning and they were discussing the 49ers and read a viewer email that called the 49ers offense gimmicky because they threw a pass to the fullback Sunday. Since when is throwing to your fullback a gimmick?
Old 11-07-2011, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
So I was watching Mike and Mike this morning and they were discussing the 49ers and read a viewer email that called the 49ers offense gimmicky because they threw a pass to the fullback Sunday. Since when is throwing to your fullback a gimmick?
there is a reason talk radio sucks

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 11-07-2011, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Because people don't see a FB that often with singleback or no players in the backfield being used that much.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They are just in shock since nobody was prepared for the vaunted Alex Smith to Bruce Miller connection.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
They are just in shock since nobody was prepared for the vaunted Alex Smith to Bruce Miller connection.
Or the Smith to Staley and Smith to Sopoaga connections. I could see someone calling those gadget plays. If they're looking at passes t the FB as gadget, then they know nothing about the West Coast system, and essentially, not much about football.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:40 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Because, sadly, "Jumbo" formations in the passing game is now a "gimick" whereas, 5-wides empty backfied has become commonplace. That used to be the "gimmick."
Old 11-08-2011, 08:40 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Because, sadly, "Jumbo" formations in the passing game is now a "gimick" whereas, 5-wides empty backfied has become commonplace. That used to be the "gimmick."
I really don't care if other teams or fans think the Niners' plays are 'gimmick' are not. They aren't cheating so if someone is upset, it's likely out of jealousy as their team isn't as creative.

Yeah, if we needed to go to the spread at times with 5 WR, I'd still have conifdence in Alex as that's always been his strength, both in college and in the NFL.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:49 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
there is a reason talk radio sucks
Depends on who you listen to. I like talk radio. Well, podcasts. Peter King and Rich Eisen is nice. Some folks on ESPN are okay. Some are terrible. Just really depends.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Closed Thread