Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 10-27-2011, 01:20 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2012 Ravens Draft Thread

After Monday night's fiasco, I think we're all kinda evaluating areas the team could improve on. Plus, it seems like the right time to get this thread going anyway.

IN OZZIE WE TRUST.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:47 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This guy is the undisputed #1 player on my wishlist. Not that McClain hasn't improved but there wouldn't be a better situation in the NFL for this Taze to thrive. He'd be perfect learning and growing next to Ray and I think ILB in a 34 is his best scheme fit.

Last edited by TACKLE : 10-27-2011 at 02:24 AM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:04 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post

This guy is the undisputed #1 player on my wishlist. Not that McClain hasn't improved but there wouldn't be a better situation in the NFL for this Taze to thrive. He'd be perfect learning and growing next to Ray and I think ILB in a 34 is his best scheme fit.
100% Agree. Burfict would dominate.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:28 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't a Burfict a top 15 pick? or are his character issues hurting his stock?
Old 10-27-2011, 05:15 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really want either Burfict or Te'o. Either could be their around our pick because MLB slip. I think we need to get another dominant ILB that can learn from Ray and take over once he leaves. Ray could really teach the next guy how to be a pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:19 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

While ILB is a big need, I think a LT is even bigger.
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:17 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

I really don't know what to do about the OT situation. As someone who loved Jah Reid coming out and was impressed with what I saw with him in the preseason, I still have a lot of confidence that he can be a very good RT. Problem is, we're now stuck with two young RT's and no LT. Do we draft a LT early and give up on Jah or Oher? It's a tough predicament. Though I would think we probably won't draft our future LT early simply because this draft is very weak early at OT. Still, a tricky problem moving forward.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:09 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think we are going to be in a position to get a good LT or get one while still getting any value. I think the team is probably going to go forward with McKinney for another year or they are going to move Oher back to LT. Best hope is that Oher develops positively and Reid becomes a solid RT.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 10-27-2011, 10:59 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

Maybe we could pick up a true LT in FA.

One guy I really like is Demetrius Bell. He isn't an all-pro by any means, but hes a more than solid playing on the left side. And with him only being 26, he still has time to get better.

Next year will be Flacco's last before we'll have to make the decision of re-signing him or not. We can't afford to get anything but a sure thing at LT for his final year.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:51 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

You know who we could really use....

Old 10-28-2011, 12:54 AM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

He will be free agent...

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 10-28-2011, 12:56 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
He will be free agent...
I know. I seriously think that would be something to look into.

Last edited by TACKLE : 10-28-2011 at 12:58 AM.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:19 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Other than C and ILB, what other positions could being addressed in the 1st round?
Old 10-28-2011, 04:32 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Other than C and ILB, what other positions could being addressed in the 1st round?
I'd say that LT and LG could be pretty high on the list, although it doesn't look like there will be a T worth the pick at this point. I'm not optimistic that Grubbs will be back and the state of the OL after this season really worries me. It has been one of the weakest units on the team for the past couple of seasons and I think it's time to address it. I mentioned on another forum that moving Oher to LG if he continues to struggle at RT the rest of this season could be an option and then we could see what Reid could do as a starter in the process.

Other than those positions nothing else really stands out in terms of immediate need (not that Ozzie drafts strictly by need of course). I could see arguments being made for a CB and WR that wouldn't be totally off-base.

One position I do think we'll stay away from is OLB, if/when we bring Johnson back there doesn't seem to be many snaps available for anybody else with both Kruger and Kindle waiting in the wings. Pagano has been a godsend and the pass-rush looks great this year so I don't think it's a big issue.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of the ILB prospects dropping to us is my main hope (crossing my fingers for Taze just like everyone else).

However, at the moment Scott has guys like Alfonzo Denard falling to the bottom of round one. Before the season started, people were projecting him a possibly being a better prospect than Amukamara, his stock may have fallen but he still has potential to be a great man to man corner. I know we just took Jimmy Smith in last years draft but the only thing better than finally giving us a true #1 cover corner, is to give us a guy to play on the other side of him, thus solidifying our secondary for years to come.

Another cover guy who might fall to us due to character concerns could be Janoris Jenkins if teams really aren't sold on his character.

Of course I have to give my boy Michael Brewster (center) some hype here. I don't think he will break into the first round but he is definitely a guy I hope we end up with. He managed to neutralize the likes of Jarred Crick and Jerel Worthy, both of whom may go in the first round as well as a solid pro talent in Marcus Forston. Would be a solid replacement for Birk when he hangs them up

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:42 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

With how early #1 Centers are going recently, we'd be lucky to see him fall to us in the 1st.
Old 10-29-2011, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't seen any mocks with him in the 1st yet, his stock may move up come draft day and he could sneak into the first. He is definitely worth a 1st in my opinion although I tend to rank guys out of THE Ohio State University lower than I think they should go to fight my natural bias.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 11-01-2011, 09:31 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
Of course I have to give my boy Michael Brewster (center) some hype here. I don't think he will break into the first round but he is definitely a guy I hope we end up with. He managed to neutralize the likes of Jarred Crick and Jerel Worthy, both of whom may go in the first round as well as a solid pro talent in Marcus Forston. Would be a solid replacement for Birk when he hangs them up
Konz >>>> Brewster
Old 11-07-2011, 09:12 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Konz >>>> Brewster
This mean speaks the truth. Konz would be a great pick for us at the end of the first. I'm going to come out and say it though, I want this guy to be a Raven

Such a smart, instinctive and awesome player. He'd be a perfect candidate to take over the defense once Ray retires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Konz >>>> Brewster
I'd venture to say that Brewster has overshadowed Konz for his entire short career (Konz only has started for two seasons iirc while Brewster has started all 4 years with minimal time out) with Konz having yet to play an entire season thus far due to injury (We really can't afford any more of our linemen going down to injury).

Brewster has taken the first team all big ten over Konz every year that Konz has started and Brewster has been considered for the Rimington twice in his career and might take it this year.

Konz is slightly more athletic and has slightly better triangle #s but throughout their careers and this season Brewster has outplayed Konz. Both have had stellar games against Jerel Worthy and Jared Crick, however Konz struggled (as well as the Badgers running game) against THE Ohio State University.

Both aren't that far off from each other and I guess in the end it kind of comes down to opinion (go ahead and call me biased :P ) but I'd say Brewster's body of work out speaks Konz's without question. Plus I like Brewster's awesome ability to make line calls, I'm not aware of how well Konz makes these calls but from some of the scouting reports I've read, this is one of his weaknesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Such a smart, instinctive and awesome player. He'd be a perfect candidate to take over the defense once Ray retires.
You don't think that he is a bit undersized? I mean I love him as a player and I'm not saying that it couldn't work but I just have always thought of him as a 4-3 LB

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:

Last edited by Sloopy : 11-07-2011 at 09:47 AM.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:39 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
I'd venture to say that Brewster has overshadowed Konz for his entire short career (Konz only has started for two seasons iirc while Brewster has started all 4 years with minimal time out) with Konz having yet to play an entire season thus far due to injury (We really can't afford any more of our linemen going down to injury).

Brewster has taken the first team all big ten over Konz every year that Konz has started and Brewster has been considered for the Rimington twice in his career and might take it this year.

Konz is slightly more athletic and has slightly better triangle #s but throughout their careers and this season Brewster has outplayed Konz. Both have had stellar games against Jerel Worthy and Jared Crick, however Konz struggled (as well as the Badgers running game) against THE Ohio State University.

Both aren't that far off from each other and I guess in the end it kind of comes down to opinion (go ahead and call me biased :P ) but I'd say Brewster's body of work out speaks Konz's without question. Plus I like Brewster's awesome ability to make line calls, I'm not aware of how well Konz makes these calls but from some of the scouting reports I've read, this is one of his weaknesses.
I get the feeling that your opinion on this matter has a certain 'slant'. I've broken down both extensively, including the game two weeks ago in which their teams faced off, and I get the clear impression that Konz is the better player. He's bigger, stronger, more physical, has a better base, plays with better leverage and gets more consistent movement on DT's. I've spoken with numerous Buckeye fans on here who agree that Konz is the superior player and prospect. I actually feel that Brewster played better as a junior than he has this year. If Konz declares, which given the history of Badger O-Lineman may be unlikely, I see him more as a mid-late first rounder where as I think Brewster is more of a mid 2nd.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I get the feeling that your opinion on this matter has a certain 'slant'. I've broken down both extensively, including the game two weeks ago in which their teams faced off, and I get the clear impression that Konz is the better player. He's bigger, stronger, more physical, has a better base, plays with better leverage and gets more consistent movement on DT's. I've spoken with numerous Buckeye fans on here who agree that Konz is the superior player and prospect. I actually feel that Brewster played better as a junior than he has this year. If Konz declares, which given the history of Badger O-Lineman may be unlikely, I see him more as a mid-late first rounder where as I think Brewster is more of a mid 2nd.
I agreed that both are good and by no means am I trying to say that Konz isn't good. I am saying that they are fairly close and it may be a matter of preference. Konz may go first come draft day but I don't feel that anyone will be losing out by getting Brewster.

I myself prefer Brewster and may indeed be biased as you say, but I don't think his body of work should be ignored. He may have had a better season as a junior but look at what has gone on around him this year. Furthermore its not like Brewster has been abused by any of the same DTs that Konz has faced.

Konz doesn't necessarily get blown up here but the only time I really see him getting consistent movement on DTs is when he is double teaming with a guard. There are times that he looks lost. On some of the pulling plays (one of the areas he is supposed excel over Brewster) he clearly gets beat by defenders ending in the run amounting to almost no yards. Definitely has excellent leverage at times I'll give you that.

Brewster's performance isn't dominant over Konz but he creates some excellent seals for the run game and provides excellent protection in the pass game. He seems to do a better job of aiding his guards with chips then moving on to another defender. Definitely has some trouble hitting moving targets in the open field and at times lacks proper leverage.

Again, one is not clearly better but I wouldn't say that Konz is far and away better

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 11-07-2011, 10:32 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't have a preference either way, just as long as we get somebody to replace Birk With. Ben Jones would work for me as well.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:46 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

I'm not trying to slight Brewster. He's a very solid prospect in his own right. Just more so thinking of who I would prefer if we were to spend our 1st on a center.

Last edited by TACKLE : 11-07-2011 at 10:57 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm not trying to slight Brewster. He's a very solid prospect in his own right. Just more so thinking of who I would prefer if we were to spend our 1st on a center.
Fair enough :) we agree to disagree.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote: