Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Will Aaron Rodgers compile the best season of all-time for a QB?
Yes 26 39.39%
No 40 60.61%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2011, 10:15 PM    (permalink
the new jesus
Rookie

the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus
Lightbulb Aaron Rodgers: Best Season of All-Time for a QB?

Aaron Rodgers is having a historic year. Do you think he is going to compile the best season of all-time for a QB?

He is on pace to break the following single-season records:
-Passer Rating (Peyton Manning, 2004)
-Passing Yards (Dan Marino, 1984)
-Completion Percentage (Drew Brees, 2009)
-Yards per Attempt (Best since 1954)
the new jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:48 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's wait to see how it ends before we aimlessly talk about what kind of pace he's on?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:47 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

pfft, aaron rodgers is so overrated. he's never even won a division title.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Breed
Veteran

Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is the quarterback of the Green Bay Packers
Old 11-08-2011, 01:27 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaron Rodgers can't be having the best season ever by a QB, because Alex Smith is having the best season ever by a QB.

Mmm, sexy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaron Rodgers should just retire after this season and go straight in the HOF.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:23 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like Manning's season where he broke the TD record and 3 WR's had 1000 yards and 10 TD's is the best season ever, and Rodgers is playing at an even higher level right now. He might not have the TD record, but he is making it look easy.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think so. He's having one of the best seasons ever so far, but at the same time we have to have some historical perspective. The rules are so much in favor of the offense these days compared to what they used to be.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beware of stats.
Yes Rodgers is having a great season, but if this was 1987 I don't think his numbers would be the same.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And I would definitely include the postseason too. Peyton Manning had a great year in 2004 for example, but that offense scored 3 points if I remember correctly in the playoffs.

Quote:
Old 11-08-2011, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I don't think so. He's having one of the best seasons ever so far, but at the same time we have to have some historical perspective. The rules are so much in favor of the offense these days compared to what they used to be.
This was the point I was going to bring up. I don't think anyone can truly claim to have the best season of X position of all time. I believe the best any player can claim is Best season of that era or generation. Rules and players have changed way too much of the years.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Beware of stats.
Yes Rodgers is having a great season, but if this was 1987 I don't think his numbers would be the same.
Agreed. Aren't there a few people on pace to break Dan Marino's yards record? This isn't the same game Dan Marino played. There is no denying that.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:17 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ehh, I think once it gets colder, you'll see Green Bay run the ball a bit more. It seems to me, even last year in bad weather conditions (very cold), they don't have much success throwing the rock.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think people are leery because they feel like if they say he had the best QB season ever, he is the best QB ever.

He's on pace for about the best season we've ever seen, he's still pretty far out ahead of the pack, even if other guys are having historic seasons.

Who woulda thought Aaron would be this much better than Brett? lol
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Beware of stats.

They are the SB champs with everyone gunning for them and are 8-0. That is more impressive than stats.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rodgers passes every test right now as far as I'm concerned. I don't know if I've ever seen a QB so locked in and that includes Brady in 2007 and Manning in 2004.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:50 PM    (permalink
the new jesus
Rookie

the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus the new jesus

Quote:
Beware of stats.
Watch him play. What has he done wrong this season? Other than holding the ball a bit too much at times, this is as close to perfect QB play that we've seen. I think he has maybe 1 interception that wasn't off his receivers' hands?
the new jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:00 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After his Super Bowl run last year, I said he was the best QB in the game at that time. Now watching his first 8 games to follow up that Super Bowl run, he's playing like the best QB I have ever seen. He's unstoppable and I've seen nothing like it. It's unparalleled dominance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:04 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
And I would definitely include the postseason too. Peyton Manning had a great year in 2004 for example, but that offense scored 3 points if I remember correctly in the playoffs.
FWIW, the Colts scored 52 points that off-season. 49 vs the Broncos, 3 vs the Patriots.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:39 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rodgers is playing out of his mind and I didn't mean to imply he isn't playing at a level few QBs have ever reached.
It's just hard for me to say 'best season ever'. It might end up being that at the end of the year.
To contemplate that Rodgers is better than Favre and be serious is all that needs to be said.

I think GB is setting up to do some amazing things the next 5 years.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:53 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't we say this last year with Tom Brady?

Doesn't it seem odd that two QBs could have "OMG BEST SEASON EVER" back to back?
Old 11-08-2011, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Didn't we say this last year with Tom Brady?

Doesn't it seem odd that two QBs could have "OMG BEST SEASON EVER" back to back?
You have to realize that what is meant by the terms GOAT around here have a significantly different meaning than what they actually mean. Think of it as "playing well". That would easily be the best way to access how people use that term on this site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutboy14 View Post
FWIW, the Colts scored 52 points that off-season. 49 vs the Broncos, 3 vs the Patriots.
Oh yes that's right. I forgot about the game against the Broncos. But regardless, against the Patriots they couldn't score more than 3 points. Unfortunately I have to take Manning's year down a notch for that reason. The greatest seasons of all time for a quarterback I think pretty much have to end with a championship ring almost. Kurt Warner in 1999 and Steve Young in 1994 are probably the best I've seen. Especially Warner in 1999.

Quote:
Old 11-08-2011, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Aaron Rodgers can't be having the best season ever by a QB, because Alex Smith is having the best season ever by a QB.
Let's not trash the good name of Alex Smith by bringing him up in an Aaron Rodgers thread.

But wait, every thread becomes an Aaron Rodgers thread...

My god...

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:27 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he maintains this pace, then yes absolutely.

He is on target to break every record pretty much of note. His passer rating is just absurd right now.

Throw in his team is winning and have needed just about every point he has put up and that he is playing just about perfect for that position and it's a wrap.

I can say with absolute confidence that this is the best first half of a season ever by a QB.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote