Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 11-10-2011, 09:32 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I see you're finally catching on and accepting it
Booooooooooooooooo!!!! I say Booooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! We will draft a DE, then fewell leaves and then we get another DC! Hahaha
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:33 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Booooooooooooooooo!!!! I say Booooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! We will draft a DE, then fewell leaves and then we get another DC! Hahaha
it's a cycle! the sooner you just give in, the better. I'm just getting used to it, and am researching the best pass rusher and next cover 2 DC guy that's gonna be on the market and preparing
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:35 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
it's a cycle! the sooner you just give in, the better. I'm just getting used to it, and am researching the best pass rusher and next cover 2 DC guy that's gonna be on the market and preparing
God I'd rather stick pins in my nuts then give in! I shall fight like Eli does engineering a 4th quarter comeback!
Old 11-10-2011, 09:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chill guys. Spagnolo is gonna get fired, come back as our DC/HC in waiting and all in the world will be ok.

Right? .....right?
Old 11-10-2011, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli is showing it's better we don't have elite offensive weapons!! Anyway a DE might actually be for real if we deal Osi. Quinton Coples here we come.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:40 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Chill guys. Spagnolo is gonna get fired, come back as our DC/HC in waiting and all in the world will be ok.

Right? .....right?
Hehe if that happened I'd be so happy for 2 seasons until he got another Hcing job, and we have to search for a new DC! HAHA!
Old 11-11-2011, 11:00 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I forgot to mention this earlier, but 2 players that are playing very well and not really getting enough credit from us are Aaron Ross and Mathias Kiwanuka.

Kiwi is really starting to turn it on, he looks comfortable out there as a Joker, and Ross has been very steady as our #2. He looks a lot more comfortable on the outside. He can't play slot, he's too stiff. We're doing what we asked him to do his rookie season, play outside on the opponent's #2, and he's doing a great job of it.

His play (Ross) has been a very underrated storyline of our season thus far.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I forgot to mention this earlier, but 2 players that are playing very well and not really getting enough credit from us are Aaron Ross and Mathias Kiwanuka.

Kiwi is really starting to turn it on, he looks comfortable out there as a Joker, and Ross has been very steady as our #2. He looks a lot more comfortable on the outside. He can't play slot, he's too stiff. We're doing what we asked him to do his rookie season, play outside on the opponent's #2, and he's doing a great job of it.

His play (Ross) has been a very underrated storyline of our season thus far.
I'm with you on this. Kiwi has really stepped it up over the last month lining up all over the place. He's been asked to put his hand down a lot more recently and I think his confidence level has risen because of it.

Ross has been very solid all year as the #2. I would have loved to see the secondary with Thomas out there also but oh well. I'm glad Ross is doing well in what is probably his last year as a Giant.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-11-2011, 12:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'm with you on this. Kiwi has really stepped it up over the last month lining up all over the place. He's been asked to put his hand down a lot more recently and I think his confidence level has risen because of it.

Ross has been very solid all year as the #2. I would have loved to see the secondary with Thomas out there also but oh well. I'm glad Ross is doing well in what is probably his last year as a Giant.
Do you think we have any chance of re-signing Kiwi?

Losing Ross will hurt a little, but as long as Thomas can bounce back and Prince develops, we can manage. But if we trade Osi, and lose Kiwi, that's a big blow to our front.

I think losing Osi to a trade this offseason is almost a foregone conclusion, which means to me, I think we should extend Kiwi before he hits FA. He's not Osi as a pass rusher, but his versatility really helps us up front.

He's a valuable piece to our team. I'd love to keep Kiwi somehow.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:43 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Do you think we have any chance of re-signing Kiwi?

Losing Ross will hurt a little, but as long as Thomas can bounce back and Prince develops, we can manage. But if we trade Osi, and lose Kiwi, that's a big blow to our front.

I think losing Osi to a trade this offseason is almost a foregone conclusion, which means to me, I think we should extend Kiwi before he hits FA. He's not Osi as a pass rusher, but his versatility really helps us up front.

He's a valuable piece to our team. I'd love to keep Kiwi somehow.
I would re-sign Ross, especially with injuries to the other CBs. You don't know if they can be the same players, that includes T2.

I am not sure about Osi and what will happen to him. Hopefully we can trade him for a good pick, and use that to our adv. We screwed up the Shockey pick, for Clint S. We can always trade Osi, and then use Kiwi as the Joker/DE guy, and actually extend Tolly to a deal more than 1 year. So for once in his career he isn't playing on a one year deal.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:50 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't we sign Kiwi for two years this offseason? If so, we have another year to get him resigned, so we don't lose both Osi and Kiwi in the same year. Don't have time to find the contract info right now, but I'm pretty sure he was given a two year deal.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:52 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
Didn't we sign Kiwi for two years this offseason? If so, we have another year to get him resigned, so we don't lose both Osi and Kiwi in the same year. Don't have time to find the contract info right now, but I'm pretty sure he was given a two year deal.
I think you maybe right. I think it may have been a 2 year deal.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I think you maybe right. I think it may have been a 2 year deal.
Per rotoworld:

Signed a two-year, $8.6 million contract. The deal contains $4.55 million guaranteed, including a $2 million signing bonus, a first-year roster bonus of $300,000, and $500,000 of Kiwanuka's second-year base salary. 2011: $1.75 million, 2012: $4 million (+ $250,000 workout bonus + $300,000 roster bonus), 2013: Free Agent
Old 11-11-2011, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I hope we keep Osi even though I'm probably the only one here who feels that way. I'd extend him if he didn't want an outrageous amount of money.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-11-2011, 06:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

You're not the only one who wants to keep Osi. I'd love to keep Osi. But it's just impossible. He wants a fortune and we can't give it to him.

And if we do, it will be at the expense of losing Tuck most likely when his contract comes up, and it's just not worth it when we have Kiwi who can be re-signed for cheaper and JPP who is a stud in the making.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
You're not the only one who wants to keep Osi. I'd love to keep Osi. But it's just impossible. He wants a fortune and we can't give it to him.

And if we do, it will be at the expense of losing Tuck most likely when his contract comes up, and it's just not worth it when we have Kiwi who can be re-signed for cheaper and JPP who is a stud in the making.
I say we go DE then if Osi leaves. I'm being serious.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-11-2011, 06:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I say we go DE then if Osi leaves. I'm being serious.
I wouldn't be opposed to it.

We need a 3 headed monster attack from the DE position. It's who we are.

In fact, come April, if Osi is gone, I can definitely see myself telling everyone we need a DE. I want a MIKE bad, but it can wait if we need another DE.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I wouldn't be opposed to it.

We need a 3 headed monster attack from the DE position. It's who we are.

In fact, come April, if Osi is gone, I can definitely see myself telling everyone we need a DE. I want a MIKE bad, but it can wait if we need another DE.
DE is much more important to what we do than a Mike so I'll be all over that bandwagon. The only problem is I don't see any big time 4-3 DE's in this draft and especially one that would fall into the latter half of the first round.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-11-2011, 06:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
DE is much more important to what we do than a Mike so I'll be all over that bandwagon. The only problem is I don't see any big time 4-3 DE's in this draft and especially one that would fall into the latter half of the first round.
Well I definitely don't want to reach for a DE either. I guess we just have to see how the board shapes up.

Maybe we go after a workout warrior DE in round 2 and see if we can mold him. *shrug*

What we really need is an interior pass rusher so we don't have to rely on our DEs so much, but we just haven't hit on that yet.

Geno Atkins, Drake Nevis, Lamarr Houston, guys in that mold.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Well I definitely don't want to reach for a DE either. I guess we just have to see how the board shapes up.

Maybe we go after a workout warrior DE in round 2 and see if we can mold him. *shrug*

What we really need is an interior pass rusher so we don't have to rely on our DEs so much, but we just haven't hit on that yet.

Geno Atkins, Drake Nevis, Lamarr Houston, guys in that mold.
I believe Reese felt like Austin would be that guy. He hasn't played in a game in 2 years now so I'm not sure if he's going to make it but he'll get his chance. Joseph isn't the pass rushing DT but man he really pushes back the interior OL.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-11-2011, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Ohh yeah I haven't mentioned this but the Weatherford move was money. So happy we kept him over Dodge.

sig by BoneKrusher
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I believe Reese felt like Austin would be that guy. He hasn't played in a game in 2 years now so I'm not sure if he's going to make it but he'll get his chance. Joseph isn't the pass rushing DT but man he really pushes back the interior OL.
I love Joseph. He's the Pat Williams type, and I've wanted a DT like that on the Giants for years. So I'm very happy with that pick.

I know Austin will get the chance from us to prove he's the guy, but I was never a fan of the pick. I just didn't like it. I don't think he's going to pan out. I hope I'm wrong, but my gut tells me he'll disappoint.
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Ohh yeah I haven't mentioned this but the Weatherford move was money. So happy we kept him over Dodge.
Yes it was. I can't believe the Jets let him go. That was a gift.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I love Joseph. He's the Pat Williams type, and I've wanted a DT like that on the Giants for years. So I'm very happy with that pick.

I know Austin will get the chance from us to prove he's the guy, but I was never a fan of the pick. I just didn't like it. I don't think he's going to pan out. I hope I'm wrong, but my gut tells me he'll disappoint.
Yeah I love Joseph as well. He's already in that Webster role of most underrated Giant. I think I'm going to pick up his jersey for the holidays.

I'm so glad Webster turned it around also. Jughead and some other friends of mine gave me a lot of garbage for loving that pick and defending him all the time before he broke out.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-11-2011, 06:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Yeah I love Joseph as well. He's already in that Webster role of most underrated Giant. I think I'm going to pick up his jersey for the holidays.

I'm so glad Webster turned it around also. Jughead and some other friends of mine gave me a lot of garbage for loving that pick and defending him all the time before he broke out.
I still can't believe what happened to Webster. It's the biggest mystery to me.

He went from the worst CB I've ever seen to one of the best in the league. How does that happen?

That was insane and to this day, I still can't explain it. Tim Lewis really must have been that awful.