Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 07:18 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Having a night to sleep on it, this did reminded me of the 80s, when I was young and growing up. Such good 9ers-Giants games back then. Early on, when we were exchanging FGs I thought of Matt Barr some reason. But it was a good game. I have a feeling if our schedule doesn't own us, we may see you guys in the play offs! I hope you guys and not GB. That won't be good.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
So who gets the game ball? We had some many good contributors today: Alex Smith, Justin Smith, David Akers, Carlos Rodgers, and Patrick Willis all had great games. If I had to choose, I would say it's Alex Smith. He definitely was the huge question mark this entire season and with Frank Gore sidelined he stepped up and took it to another level and delivered. I was impressed.
Akers for sure.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-14-2011, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Maybe I'm alone in this, but the Cards haven't been too bad this year
The Niners should win at home but they could lose this if they underestimate them. Their defense has been spotty but clutch when needed. Same with their special teams. If the Niners get a double digit lead early, they can't let the Cards linger with an opportunity to come back. Potential trap game but I like how Harbaugh is keeping this team grounded. They are still hungry.

When healthy, Gore gashes the Cards too. Hope he can make an impact this week.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 11-14-2011, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So who gets the game ball?
Offense: Alex Smith
Defense: Carlos Rodgers
Special Teams: David Akers

(VERY) Honorable Mentions: Justin Smith and Patrick Willis

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 11-14-2011, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Great game guys! You guys were the better team today. You deserved to win. Maybe one day we can get rid of the draw play in the red zone. You guys will win the division early it seems! Good for you!
It's kinda sad how bad our redzone O is. I jokingly said the giants needed to score from further out if they wanted to get TDs instead of FGs, then the giants scored twice from further out and that joke became painfully truthful. It's why seeing that bomb to mario miss was so painfully. Can't wait until barden breaks into the rotation so that we can just stick 4 guys out there who are 6'+ with Nicks, Cruz, Ballard and Barden.

PS Good game guys, really kept my eye on Justin Smith this game, just for Abs, and he did great against the interior OL. He's like a 3-4 version of Tuck, great run stuffer, really crafty power pass rusher with the ability to lineup against different guys and go to work in space and up the middle. Add another pass rusher and a little more speed to the secondary and that D will be able to keep the team competitive for a long time regardless of what happens on O.

Alex Smith looked good, still haven't seen him have to carry that team with the game on the line, but he showed that he can be trusted to move the offense between the 20's. Which is nice to see, because I remember the long Rodgers/Smith debates back when they were just coming out. Really the only other things he needs to show before he's really a franchise caliber QB, are that he can carry the team into the endzone on his arm, deliver with the game on the line (meaning so late in the game that he won't get another chance if he doesn't deliver) and that he will consistently deliver when called upon. All things he will get tested on this season. Really glad to see him putting it together the way I thought he would when he was working with Norv.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 11-14-2011 at 11:27 AM.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:56 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would sit Gore against the Cardinals. Hunter is damn good and Dixon isnt bad either considering that he's the 3rd stringer. I would rather have Gore against the Ravens for Thursday night on Thanksgiving instead of against the Cardinals. Besides, having Gore rest against the crappy teams and be 100% for the playoffs is more important too.

We shouldnt have a letdown against the Cards but im worried about Skelton as he's been on fire in the 4th quarter the last two games. I would definitely double Fitzgerald and let others beat me. Put Rogers and Whitner on him and let everyone else beat us.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
No they haven't and they have been a decent team with Skeletor. This could definitely be a trap game, especially if Gore doesn't play. Still, we should be able to run all over them with Hunter and Dixon and if not Alex Smith can win this game by himself. This is a game we should dominate.
Hopefully Alex Smith doesn't regress in this game and throw like 3 interceptions or something. He hasn't really turned the ball over though so I'd be surprised.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh and we really need to get better on third downs. Only 3 of 11 against the Giants.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:23 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
It's kinda sad how bad our redzone O is. I jokingly said the giants needed to score from further out if they wanted to get TDs instead of FGs, then the giants scored twice from further out and that joke became painfully truthful. It's why seeing that bomb to mario miss was so painfully. Can't wait until barden breaks into the rotation so that we can just stick 4 guys out there who are 6'+ with Nicks, Cruz, Ballard and Barden.

PS Good game guys, really kept my eye on Justin Smith this game, just for Abs, and he did great against the interior OL. He's like a 3-4 version of Tuck, great run stuffer, really crafty power pass rusher with the ability to lineup against different guys and go to work in space and up the middle. Add another pass rusher and a little more speed to the secondary and that D will be able to keep the team competitive for a long time regardless of what happens on O.

Alex Smith looked good, still haven't seen him have to carry that team with the game on the line, but he showed that he can be trusted to move the offense between the 20's. Which is nice to see, because I remember the long Rodgers/Smith debates back when they were just coming out. Really the only other things he needs to show before he's really a franchise caliber QB, are that he can carry the team into the endzone on his arm, deliver with the game on the line (meaning so late in the game that he won't get another chance if he doesn't deliver) and that he will consistently deliver when called upon. All things he will get tested on this season. Really glad to see him putting it together the way I thought he would when he was working with Norv.
Good post. I disagree about needing speed in the secondary though. Its not like we were burned repeatedly for long gains on go routes, we just happened to be on the wrong side of some beautiful placed passes by Eli. The one to Nicks, Brown had decent coverage and the safety was a little late. But it was just a beautiful pass by Eli. We just drafted Culliver who is a sub 4.4 guy. And Manningham, who isnt a burner, had a couple of steps on him on that miss by Eli. Good route running and quickness will get you open, i dont care how fast the guy is covering you. Brown is a 4.4 guy, Brock ran a 4.38 coming out. Speed isnt the problem. Guys just have to use better technique and be quicker in their transition. Look like there were some blown coverages too. Goldson had a near pick and he and Whitner were right there on anything deep. Idk what's going on with Reggie Smith but it seems he's always late with his reads and his rotation to the ball here recently. Its almost a given that he's going to give up a play to his side of the field when he's comes on. We need to execute better in the zone. Against the better QBs, it just seems were a half-second late alot of the time breaking on the ball and anticipating routes.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 11-15-2011 at 01:43 AM.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:19 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh and we really need to get better on third downs. Only 3 of 11 against the Giants.
Won't show up in the box score, but I thought Alex did a good job on two 3rd and longs to pick up nice chunks and set up FGs that were manageable.
Closed Thread