Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-14-2011, 07:06 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I agree with this. I'm coming off of Dark Souls and transitioning to this. Hard to get used to the combat being so much less involved and so much less to do.
???

I've played the game 27 hours (according to Steam - some of it is just idling while watching football) and haven't even touched the main storyline. I've really only opened up a few side quest hubs and completed the Companions quest line. And I've only been to 3 cities so far.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:17 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think EE was talking about the combat.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:54 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea he was... I haven't played Dark Souls but I have played its predecessor Demon Souls and combat is much more challenging. There is more involved blocking, attacking and the biggest difference is evasiveness.

In Demon Souls you have to dive and roll out of the way of a lot of attacks. To put it in a Skyrim application if you were fighting a giant when he goes to launch you in the air with his club you would roll to the side to avoid it.

It made the combat a lot more satisfying because if you failed to do avoid some attacks or block them there is a good chance you were dead and starting the level over with no equipment (Fun yet a giant pain in the ass)
Old 11-14-2011, 12:02 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I think EE was talking about the combat.
That makes sense. The game is about endless content and stories. Combat is pretty fun, but secondary. There are some near dynamics with the shield and the spell-casting... I mostly just use 2h weapons in my first play through, though.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not much of a gamer (usually just play the Show and Fifa) but I might have to pick this up because I've heard amazing things.

Quick questions. I know the content is supposed to be endless but how long is the "main" quest? And how easy or hard is it to stay on that quest?
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:01 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Not much of a gamer (usually just play the Show and Fifa) but I might have to pick this up because I've heard amazing things.

Quick questions. I know the content is supposed to be endless but how long is the "main" quest? And how easy or hard is it to stay on that quest?
Well I haven't heard anything about main quest length but if it is your typical Bethesda game then it is about 8-15 hours.

For me it is impossible to just stick to the main quest. There is just way to much to do. There are different faction quests (Companions, College, Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood etc.) bounties, dungeon raids, daedric quests, random side quests amongst many others. I believe most people find themselves wrapped up in the side missions that the game can last over 100 hours.

Not to mention when they start releasing DLC for the game there will be much more time able to be invested into the game.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Well I haven't heard anything about main quest length but if it is your typical Bethesda game then it is about 8-15 hours.

For me it is impossible to just stick to the main quest. There is just way to much to do. There are different faction quests (Companions, College, Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood etc.) bounties, dungeon raids, daedric quests, random side quests amongst many others. I believe most people find themselves wrapped up in the side missions that the game can last over 100 hours.

Not to mention when they start releasing DLC for the game there will be much more time able to be invested into the game.
That's mainly why I think I'm going to get it. If I'm going to spend 60 bucks on a game I want my money's worth. Haven't played Arkham city yet, but I hated how short the first one was even though it was awesome.

I was just curious about the main quest because normally I like to play through once pretty straight forward and then go back and do it all again trying to do everything. Or at least as much as possible.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:05 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I just found like 8 rare weapons in a matter of 2 hours. I was exploring this random mountain and ran across a destroyed tower that had a book about an ancient sword. Tis a bad ass weapon, wish I can remember the name...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Unlocking the dark brotherhood was ******* awesome.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You jerks are making it hard to not go buy this game.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:13 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Then go buy it.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Or download it.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 03:29 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just finished up the College questline, amazing.....love the new place to keep my stuff, too. Really gotta give it up to Conjuring/Destruction
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:45 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
That makes sense. The game is about endless content and stories. Combat is pretty fun, but secondary. There are some near dynamics with the shield and the spell-casting... I mostly just use 2h weapons in my first play through, though.
It's still not a good reason not to make combat more than power attack or regular attack. I was expecting more improvement in that category than we got. The feedback on swings feels better, but it's still just kind of boring. Supposedly they were bringing in the guys who did the combat in Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, a game known for things like this;

Didn't follow up on if they actually did that or not, but it certainly doesn't seem like they did.

I'm enjoying the game, but it's falling into the same trap other Bethesda games do for me. Just not very much to play, when you get past the fluff of it and into the meat of it. The story and the dialogue don't really do a whole heck of a lot for me either. Not bad...but meh.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:00 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

I can't get enough of burying my axe into someones skull.

Last edited by ImBrotherCain : 06-15-2012 at 12:49 PM.
ImBrotherCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:36 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I found a deserted dwarven temple! This is going to be amazing.

Quote:
Old 11-14-2011, 09:42 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm enjoying the game, but it's falling into the same trap other Bethesda games do for me. Just not very much to play, when you get past the fluff of it and into the meat of it. The story and the dialogue don't really do a whole heck of a lot for me either. Not bad...but meh.
Your description makes it sound like their other games whilst most of the others make it sound like they've improved. I'm interested because I didn't find Oblivion to be very good, was just a big aimless mess to me with no real story or plotline, no real skill or anything like that. Which is a pity because the premise of the game is actually really good it's just the execution that let it down.

So is it similar to Oblivion in that regard or is it much improved, basically if I didn't enjoy Oblivion will I enjoy this?

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:42 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

So basically this is how my character id developing without me going very far in the main storyline-

how bad ass is everyone else's character?

Quote:
Old 11-14-2011, 10:09 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
So basically this is how my character id developing without me going very far in the main storyline-

how bad ass is everyone else's character?
Old 11-14-2011, 10:16 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
I found a deserted dwarven temple! This is going to be amazing.
I found that the other day, but was out of lockpicks (HATE when that happens). The little storage shed off to the side gave me plenty of metal scraps to make my dwarf armor set :D.

Last edited by nepg : 11-14-2011 at 10:24 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:29 AM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
if I didn't enjoy Oblivion will I enjoy this?
Probably not.

I already wasted like 4 perks, I do this in every RPG I've ever played on the first play through. Also being Argonian is awesome because of how racist everybody is, but I assume its the same with any non human race.

Last edited by gsorace : 11-15-2011 at 03:31 AM.
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:47 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Any non-nord will probably get alot if grief early on.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:20 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Your description makes it sound like their other games whilst most of the others make it sound like they've improved. I'm interested because I didn't find Oblivion to be very good, was just a big aimless mess to me with no real story or plotline, no real skill or anything like that. Which is a pity because the premise of the game is actually really good it's just the execution that let it down.

So is it similar to Oblivion in that regard or is it much improved, basically if I didn't enjoy Oblivion will I enjoy this?
I'm in the same boat as you, and my roommate has been playing it a ton and basically he said that I wouldn't enjoy it because it's alot similar to Oblivion. My biggest complaint was always the combat, I always just felt like I was swinging at air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:24 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone marry the Adela the huntress?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:42 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I have my sights set on