Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 11-16-2011, 02:36 AM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=Abaddon;2751177]2011
[quote]

Don't argue with Raider fans. Its pointless. ;)
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:39 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am one, so believe me. I know what you mean. Most fans are painfully delusional people. It's funny, though.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:44 AM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
I am one, so believe me. I know what you mean. Most fans are painfully delusional people. It's funny, though.
Wasn't an insult. You're dedicated fans like no other. My father is one of you.
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert
Old 11-16-2011, 02:53 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, I didn't take it as one. I sincerely agree with you. Raiderfan, like any other average fan, has some heavily tinted glasses with Coke bottle lenses.

I mean, we're pimping Brandon f'ing Myers in this thread. Holy sh...

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:56 AM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

LOL. Now that's interesting...
Old 11-16-2011, 02:59 AM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

Don't feel bad...Those on my board are trying to pimp Dontari Poe. *eyeroll*
Old 11-16-2011, 03:10 AM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This one sentence discredits everything else you've said in this post, and possibly everything you'll ever say, to anyone, for the rest of your life.
I know what you mean here...he was overdrafted because he could have been had much later...I agree there. What I mean by him not being overdrafted is that the talent and potential was there and everyone else just didn't see it.

Quote:
Murphy has flashed in previous seasons. But, he can't stay healthy, drops far too many passes, and looks like Johnny Lee Higgins out there. Dude hears footsteps now. I don't see him rebounding.
You get discredited here for saying he looks like Higgins. The closest thing to him is probably the drops, but it's not as bad as Higgins was when he was with the Raiders. I can see how Murphy might become a nobody in a few years...but considering most of his injuries were awkward accidents, he's only 24, and they were all non-serious and to different parts of his body...I'll give him one more year before writing him off completely. If he's injured for a majority of 2012 then I'll write him off as a bust.

Quote:
I just asked both, and they agree that Khalif Barnes is a far superior blocking TE, and just about equal in terms of receiving ability.
Khalif Barnes is a TE? Just because they use him as one in a jumbo package doesn't mean he is one. An OT should always be better than a TE at run blocking, so I don't see your argument there. And Myers is a much better receiving option than Barnes because he's quicker(yes, I know he's slow for TE standards) and a better route runner.

Quote:
Myers is so good, Oakland went out and drafted 2 TEs and signed one more. Dude's on borrowed time now.
1. Ausberry, the WR that is being converted to TE. Who is also a 7th round pick? Just because a team spends a late round pick on a position doesn't mean the players they have at the position sucks. I never said Brandon Myers was "so good" that no one can replace him. I said he's an above average run blocking TE, mostly for one that was taken in the 6th round. Oakland took Ausberry to groom him into a starting TE that can run block and pass catch. Similar to Ford and Moore...they're trying to find a steal at TE...just depends on if they can morph him into one.
2. Richard Gordon...is worse than Myers in run blocking. Teams take players that have the potential to have a higher ceiling than their current players. Gordon may be a better run blocker than Myers in a couple of years...it doesn't change the fact that Myers is still above average.
3. Kevin Boss...we lost Miller who was easily much better than Myers and is a starting TE talent in the NFL. I never said Myers was a starting caliber TE.

Quote:
Weak, weak argument when you're trying to prop up Darius Heyward-One-Route and Brandon freaking Myers.
If you don't see that DHB has shown much more potential than previously, I really don't know what to say. I'm not propping up Myers, I'm just stating that he was a good pick as he has been very helpful to the Raiders offense for his draft position. In other words...DHB is not a complete bust yet so he shouldn't be the face of this Raiders draft and Myers was not a bust pick for a 6th rounder.

Quote:
McFadden is awesome for 10 games a year now that he finally isn't god awful.
He was never god awful. He's injury prone and our offensive line was ****. He's an elite RB...just injury prone. The Raiders offense is also moving towards a power scheme now...which has worked much better for both Run DMC and Bush.

Quote:
You're pimping Branch here after tearing him down to pimp Mitchell? Yikes. He looked promising as a rookie. Was absolutely embarrassing last year. This year, he has in fact gotten better in coverage, but he's still not a guy you point to and say "We're set at SS."
Just because a team drafts a player for a position doesn't mean the current player is horrible. Branch was still a good pick for a 4th round pick and can start on many defenses in the league. I just like Mitchell much more and believe he will be better. I know he's gotten better in coverage this year...I said he hasn't improved MUCH in 3 years.

Quote:
Scott was a good nickel guy before his injury, but he's looking pretty useless ever since. He's always been atrocious in run defense.
He looks useless now because Houston has developed a bit of a pass rush, and Seymour, Kelly, Shaugnessy and Wimbley are all beasts. He's useless because the Raiders have ridiculous talent at the position.

Quote:
I'm trying very hard not to laugh at anyone who mentions Chaz Schilens as a successful draft pick. I must admit that I'm failing. Helluva blocking WR, I guess.
For a 7th round pick...he's not a bust in the sense that he is a 3rd or 4th WR talent if it weren't for his injury prone status. Same problem with Murphy...but I agree that people should write him off now while Murphy should get a bit more time.

Quote:
Like I said, the drafts prior to the last two are not at all on the level of these last two. The DHB/Mitchell picks only serve to highlight just how terrible an uncontested Al Davis could be on draft day.
Of course it's not as good as the last two but in my opinion, the Raiders have been slowly improving their drafts for the past 4 years, not just 2. A lot of top backups and decent starters.
whatadai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:08 AM    (permalink
whatadai
Veteran

whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.whatadai is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had to bump this...if you saw the last two games Myers and Schilens have done a lot for the team and they wouldn't have won if it weren't for some plays that they made such, mostly 3rd down conversions that were greatly needed since the Raiders like to win by only a few points and give fans heart attacks. Yes, they're not amazing players that will wow you from week to week, but for a couple of 6th-7th rounders, they're doing what's expected of them for their draft position in my opinion, so in other words they're not busts...which doesn't make the drafts better in anyway, they just make them not bad.
whatadai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:10 AM    (permalink
akvikefan89
Veteran

akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Al Davis demanded a 1 gap scheme regardless of personnel. He's no longer a hindrance
Well that's one way to put it... ouch.

www.minnesotavikingsnation.com
akvikefan89 is offline   Reply With Quote