Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-17-2011, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently Gene Lamont is the frontrunner for the Sox job.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
Apparently Gene Lamont is the frontrunner for the Sox job.
Maybe he'll bring Legendary Lloyd with him.

#PipeDream
Old 11-17-2011, 11:33 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So it's official. Astros moving to the AL West in 2013.

MLB also will be adding 2 more wild-card teams(may not happen in 2012 but definitely in 2013). The 2 wild-card teams would face in a one game playoff to advance.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
So it's official. Astros moving to the AL West in 2013.

MLB also will be adding 2 more wild-card teams(may not happen in 2012 but definitely in 2013). The 2 wild-card teams would face in a one game playoff to advance.
I like it and hate it. I like the fact that they a putting the WC teams at a disadvantage. Right now there is very little reason to fight for the division if you have a WC to fall back on. But as someone who doesn't even like the 5 games series, the one game playoffs angers me.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You'r really going to hate it when the Yankees win the WC by 10 games over the 2nd WC team and they proceed to take you out.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
You'r really going to hate it when the Yankees win the WC by 10 games over the 2nd WC team and they proceed to take you out.
I don't plan on winning Wild Cards anymore. We really haven't won many. And the few we did win, we did let up a bit because under the current/old system there is no reason to kill yourself in Sept to when you have a big lead over the next team for the WC.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gerald Laird back to Detroit on a 1-year deal.

My analysis:
Old 11-17-2011, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I don't plan on winning Wild Cards anymore. We really haven't won many. And the few we did win, we did let up a bit because under the current/old system there is no reason to kill yourself in Sept to when you have a big lead over the next team for the WC.
The Red Sox are still going to be a fight.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-17-2011, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
The Red Sox are still going to be a fight.
Of course they will. Even if next year is still a bit of a low for them by 2013 I fully expect them to be back in full force. But again I like that now we will be playing down to the wire. The last few Septembers have been boring, and I always wonder if pulling the foot off the pedal effects you heading into the playoffs. Less so than it obviously would in other sports, but I still wonder.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:59 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I find this 2 wild card thing to be stupid and a waste of time. It will put whoever wins at a huge disadvantage since that team will likely have to waste their best starter in that 1 game playoff
Old 11-17-2011, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
I find this 2 wild card thing to be stupid and a waste of time. It will put whoever wins at a huge disadvantage since that team will likely have to waste their best starter in that 1 game playoff
It was a little more out of the box but I thought a 4-1 home game advantage for the #1 overall record winner vs. the WC team would have been better. However then you would have to get rid of the rule where division teams can't play each other first round. There wasn't going to be a perfect decision.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:11 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Also, interleague play will happen throughout the season, not just during a 2-4 week stretch like we have seen. Has to with the 15-15 split in teams for the AL/NL instead of the old 14-16 format
Old 11-17-2011, 12:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the way baseball is changing. :)
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't. Interleague series throughout the entire year is lame. Can't wait for that Yankees vs. Pirates series on the last weekend of September. Bad move MLB.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
I don't. Interleague series throughout the entire year is lame. Can't wait for that Yankees vs. Pirates series on the last weekend of September. Bad move MLB.
Playing the same teams over and over again is more lame.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Not when they're in your division. If they have want something better they need to eliminate the 4 divisions and go back to either 2 divisions in each league or even crazier just have 1 large table for each league.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-17-2011, 01:49 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Truth. The MLB's scheduling is way out of control. The Cubs, for example, played Houston and St. Louis 15 times, Pittsburgh and Milwaukee 16 times, and Cincinnati 18 times. First off, that is just a ridiculous amount of times to play teams during the year. Second, shouldn't each team play each team in their division the same amount of times and have the same amount of total division games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Truth. The MLB's scheduling is way out of control. The Cubs, for example, played Houston and St. Louis 15 times, Pittsburgh and Milwaukee 16 times, and Cincinnati 18 times. First off, that is just a ridiculous amount of times to play teams during the year. Second, shouldn't each team play each team in their division the same amount of times and have the same amount of total division games?
They will now that Houston is moving to the AL. The NL central had one more team than most divisions.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:59 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think its great and hopefully now there will be less divisional play. I know its great in some instances, but for every Yankees-Red Sox, Cubs-Cardinals, Giants-Dodgers, u have three Astros-Pirates, Royals-Anyone in the AL Central, Orioles-Blue Jays. I could go on and on. They aren't good, and I think if there are less of those games its good. I mean the Crew an Cards ended up playing 24 times I think or something, it was over 20 including playoffs, and by the end of it, everyone knew the pitchers and it wasn't as good as the regular season.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:30 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Just schedule more of those interleague rivalry games. Angels play the Dodgers more than 6 times a year(maybe make it 9-12). Giants play the A's more, etc
Old 11-17-2011, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

How in the world is that fair? Why should the Mets have to play the Yankees more than anyone else? We already missed out on the playoffs two years in a row by only a game because we had to play the Yanks 6 times while the other teams got to play easier opponents.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-17-2011, 02:41 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

simply ********, get rid of the DH, switch to a West/East conference system

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
simply ********, get rid of the DH, switch to a West/East conference system
DH is never leaving. Too much money at stake. Like I always said, if anything were ever to happen the NL will add it.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why even play baseball if you do that

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:48 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How in the world is that fair? Why should the Mets have to play the Yankees more than anyone else? We already missed out on the playoffs two years in a row by only a game because we had to play the Yanks 6 times while the other teams got to play easier opponents.
No fan of any major-market team gets to make arguments about what is "fair"

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote