Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 11-06-2011, 01:59 PM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Unhappy

I'm depressed.
4U2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 02:04 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe the Colts will swap the first pick for the 2nd if we give up a few firsts.

Oh well. Reggie Bush!!!!!!!!!!

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 02:16 PM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Maybe the Colts will swap the first pick for the 2nd if we give up a few firsts.

Oh well. Reggie Bush!!!!!!!!!!
That's our only hope and I would honestly do it. This year's 1st, 2nd and 3rd, next year's 1st and 3rd to the Colts.

I honestly don't want any of the other QBs in this class. Landry Jones can't handle pressure or a pass rush and I don't trust USC QBs to become elite pros.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who knows, maybe Manning will play the last 4 weeks and go 3-1 or something. Still not out of the Luck sweepstakes but no longer in the co-driver's seat. Personally still think Barkley is a GREAT consolation prize.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Thanks for jinxing it. Here's hoping to find yet another way to lose a game firmly in our grasp.
I should "jinx" them more often then. I like seeing my team win.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:16 AM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
I would rather see my team win a Super Bowl, which we won't do if we continually miss out on the best prospects by picking too low or squeaking into the playoffs with a roster that can't go toe-to-toe with the league's elite.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:25 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4U2NV View Post
I would rather see my team win a Super Bowl, which we won't do if we continually miss out on the best prospects by picking too low or squeaking into the playoffs with a roster that can't go toe-to-toe with the league's elite.
True, but Luck isnt the only guy that could possibly take us there one day. There are others out there, just gotta find them.

I wouldnt mind taking a look at Manning if the Colts decide to let him go and start Luck from day one. Take Manning and then draft a QB in the 1st round and let him learn and develop for a couple years.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yea, that was a knee-jerk reaction. I wanted to hit myself for that after the game. Turned around and hit myself for that. Loved getting a victory, particularly in that dominating fashion.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-07-2011, 01:38 PM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
True, but Luck isnt the only guy that could possibly take us there one day. There are others out there, just gotta find them.

I wouldnt mind taking a look at Manning if the Colts decide to let him go and start Luck from day one. Take Manning and then draft a QB in the 1st round and let him learn and develop for a couple years.
Do you actually think that we'd be able to find that guy though? This is afterall the Miami Dolphins we're talking about, we haven't exactly been known for our solid scouting and great drafts (ie - Ginn over Revis/Willis, John Beck, Pat White etc.). That was another main reason for wanting/needing the top pick, even we couldn't have screwed that up.

As for Manning, I have no use for the guy. I don't want to try chasing a guy's reputation instead of evaluating the player as he is today. It would be like Daunte Culpepper all over again.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

I dont see why not. We are bound to hit gold at some point. I fully expect that whoever the new coach and maybe new GM is will go all out on finding a franchise QB and making that a #1 priority. This current regime was too busy building the tranches and not focusing on a QB as much as you would hope. That should change next offseason.

And I would have to disagree with you on Manning. Manning is no Culpepper. You are talking about two totally different types of QB.

Old 11-13-2011, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

2 games into a 9 game winning streak...wooooo!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-13-2011, 10:53 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

See now I'm mad we blew all those close games, we should have like 5 wins. :/

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 11-14-2011, 06:48 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
See now I'm mad we blew all those close games, we should have like 5 wins. :/
Agreed. Amazing how Dansby is coming out and talking about how he's finally in shape. I think that's the case for a LOT of players on the team. Sucks thinking what our record could be if they actually took care of themselves in the offseason.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-14-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Two game winning streak baby! You know what that means....

SUPERBOWLZZZZ!!!!!

And the fact that we now have no shot at Andrew Luck and he's for sure gonna be a Colt. Lucky Bastards....

Old 11-19-2011, 11:58 PM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

With the 3rd overall pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select, Robert Griffin III.
Old 11-20-2011, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Seeing this team perform so well right now makes me wonder how good we would have been with a full offseason. Have to believe the conditioning and little conditioning-related injuries heavily factored in to a few of those losses...

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-21-2011, 11:02 AM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Dear Dolphins,

Please stop winning games.

Sincerely, 2012 Draft QB class.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:38 PM    (permalink
dolfan75071
Rookie

dolfan75071 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

4U2NV -- It looks like we may win out way out of the RGIII sweepstakes too.
dolfan75071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4U2NV View Post
Dear Dolphins,

Please stop winning games.

Sincerely, 2012 Draft QB class.
Nice....

The only QB who is off the table is Luck. Even with 3 wins we are still in good position with the rest of the rookie QB's.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:06 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

I'm loving all the winning personally. I want a QB as much as the next guy but I really like all 5 QBs being discussed as possible first rounders and I don't think we'll get enough wins to miss out on all of them. Besides, if we keep winning, that means Matt Moore is legitimately a solid QB. If that's the case, Tannehill looks really enticing to me since we'd have someone he can sit behind for a year or so.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-24-2011, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

LET'S GO PHINS!!!!! I have very fond memories of the last time Miami played the Cowboys on Thanksgiving, that 40-21 trouncing we gave them where Fiedler hooked up with Chambers for 3 TDs. That was a good Thanksgiving.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-24-2011, 10:37 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Hahaha that was amazing. I'll take a 3 TD game from Marshall today. 3 drop game is more likely though. :/

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 11-25-2011, 09:04 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Omar Kelly going on about how Matt Moore was the best November QB not named Matt Moore and that we've found our answer at the position...

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-25-2011, 09:30 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Dolphins gonna Dolphin.

Omar Kelly is the WOAT. Uses PFF like it's gospel.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 11-26-2011, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Well that game was much closer then I expected. They had that game but like always, they make stupid mistakes that ended up costing them the game. The fumble that lead a td for the Cowboys was the dagger. Wasnt really impressed by the Cowboys but you know ESPN will hype them up like they are going to be an actual threat in the playoffs but in reality they havent prove themselves worthy of such.