Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 11-20-2011, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well then... That was ugly, 5-11 here we come??
Poz51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poz51 View Post
Well then... That was ugly, 5-11 here we come??
On one hand I hope so so that they can get a better player in the draft. On the other, it would be nice to actually maintain a winning mentality in Buffalo that might make veterans want to stick around, free agents to give them more than a slight consideration and for the team to buy into a program...

I'd rather they went 8-8 or something and strung together some solid performances, get some experience out of Williams and Searcy so we can see what they need to invest in the secondary in the offseason.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sad, sad, sad and I have zero hope till Wilson follows Davis to the great beyond.
I'd like 8-8 so I can find a reason to watch the games, right now it is extremely difficult to see a game through.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Injury's mounting, Fitzy playing horrible in the previous 3 games they go to NJC and hand the Jets a game in which they should have won.... I actually like the effort I saw, am starting to become lose my affection for Stevie... Clearly had a hand in the loss. Despite losing Holmes in the end zone, I thought A. Williams showed me alot of athleticism and technique in coverage, now if Kelsey or Carrington would keep the edge and crush Sanchise like one of them should have...
I thought they played well being under-manned with key starters out, in a game I thought they would get crushed in. Still thinking 5-11 is likely, love that the young guys are getting plenty of reps for evaluations.
What is the #1 off season priority, and we all know that likely comes through the draft? Pass rush is my vote...
When did Maybin get his first step and speed back? FUBAR...
Old 11-28-2011, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
On one hand I hope so so that they can get a better player in the draft. On the other, it would be nice to actually maintain a winning mentality in Buffalo that might make veterans want to stick around, free agents to give them more than a slight consideration and for the team to buy into a program...

I'd rather they went 8-8 or something and strung together some solid performances, get some experience out of Williams and Searcy so we can see what they need to invest in the secondary in the offseason.
I think similarly, solid against the Jets, but I think the injuries and lack of depth make 8-8 more of a pipe dream myself. Like what I saw from Williams, Searcy still needs some seasoning, lack of depth is killing this team.
What are your thoughts on K. Heard? I noticed on several plays yesterday he did not get his eyes up to see the play, not a good habit, his awareness is lacking, not his physical abliity IMO.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dudes, Maybin getting sacks last weekend pissed me off more than anything else this season. No joke. If he turns it around and at least becomes average I'll be so mad...
Old 12-05-2011, 02:18 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
Dudes, Maybin getting sacks last weekend pissed me off more than anything else this season. No joke. If he turns it around and at least becomes average I'll be so mad...
Well, you had better start being angry. Somebody in the organization pulled the trigger too fast.
In the current NFL, depth is really important. Injuries are so common today because of the leagues playing surfaces and indoor stadiums that substitutes often are called upon to play for injured players and rotations are also a necessity.
Face it, under Wilson's tight budget, this team has little depth and it was going to catch up with us sooner or later.
I don't blame the starters, they showed that if healthy they could compete, but the substitutes just aren't there when players go down or need a rotation to keep them playing tough through 4 quarters.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:42 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, I think that OLB really was the one defensive position where we didn't look like we had some depth on defense. Which is hilariously dumb considering who our starters were, making the Maybin situation even worse.
I know guys like A. Williams, Troup, and Carrington are really young, but they're here to play roles on this team. Troup's injuries and Dareus' unsure role made the defensive line depth a bit tough to read, but there were enough guys that looked solid or promising enough. Injuries to guys like Kyle Williams are just really hard to compensate for. It might have worked as rotational depth, but not takeover depth.
The veteran ends and corners have been very disappointing (though it's not a group of ends to expect much out of on their own, admittedly).

The lack of offensive line depth is the killer on offense. Clearly a huge problem that we almost looked to be getting away with for a little while. That's the one along with OLB that I would have shared in depth complaints about before the injuries.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 06:50 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every week, being a Bills fan, is like finding out your girlfriend of 20 years has had AIDS, and hasn't told you, even though you've seen her taking every bit of her medicine all along. So you are the stupid one for not realizing, and now guess what, you have AIDS too. That, sir, is how being a Bills fan feels.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Every week, being a Bills fan, is like finding out your girlfriend of 20 years has had AIDS, and hasn't told you, even though you've seen her taking every bit of her medicine all along. So you are the stupid one for not realizing, and now guess what, you have AIDS too. That, sir, is how being a Bills fan feels.
Well, I'm a fan of Cleveland( they showed their games on Toronto TV when I was a kid, (before the Bills existed), also a fan of Buffalo since they first existed and finally a fan of Detroit where I currently live near for the last 25 years.
That's a motley crew of teams for the last decade or more, so you can multiply by 3, the pain I have gone through.
Thank God, Detroit has finally given me one team with some real hope, it makes all the years in the dessert, with all three of my teams, worth the wait.
Just maybe, next year we'll see Buffalo move up the ladder but I'm not holding my breath as long as Wilson owns the team.

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 12-14-2011 at 03:52 PM.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:48 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

who likes my knew sig? lol.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbills View Post

who likes my knew sig? lol.
Don't know why but I cannot see it.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:33 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly don't have a huge problem with Gailey. This team just doesn't have much talent and a lot of the talent that is present has been injured. Nix on the other hand needs to start getting the talent in, he has at least 2 more years though imo.

Honestly, provided we don't draft a QB, the fate of this regime will be decided by Mr. Fitzpatrick.
Old 12-18-2011, 01:43 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David Rayner's pretty cool

Old 12-18-2011, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaron Williams is playing very well.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:48 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

at least we know Dareus and Spiller can ball

I also like Kelvin Sheppard

i think Mcgee, and florence are gone next season, along with merriman, and kelsay
Old 12-19-2011, 12:14 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Kelsay has at least 2-3 more extensions in him before his Bills career is done.

I really do see no reason for him to be gone. McGee has sadly run his course and I wish him the best in his post-football endeavors.

Byrd, Williams, Shepp, Dareus, Williams, and maybe Carrington gives us half of a good, young defense. Hopefully.
Old 12-25-2011, 06:09 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Best line I heard during the game:

"Tim Tebow might be able to walk on water, but he can't cross the Moats."
Old 01-14-2012, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Alright, well this season ended on a disappointing note. Let's talk draft! Any man-crushes?
Old 01-14-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Audie Cole, that sexy mother ******

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...ght=audie+cole

Old 01-14-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post

Audie Cole, that sexy mother ******

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...ght=audie+cole
I like Cole too. He certainly had a nice bowl game. I just wish there was an elite pass rusher that I liked in this draft.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

No man crushes but Reiff or Martin both OT's, seems possible just not sexy.
My man crush would be for Michael Brockers but he won't last till us.
Old 01-18-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Other people might call it a reach, but give me Michael Floyd. I don't think there will be any value for defensive players left when the Bills are picking and Floyd should be an instant upgrade. I also don't buy the need for a first round offensive lineman, unless they find a pro bowl lineman I don't think picking anyone in the 1st would present any significant upgrade considering how well the line performed this year, they just need to add more depth either in free agency or the later rounds of the draft. After grabbing Floyd in the 1st, in my opinion they should spend the rest of the picks on the best defensive player available (except maybe Safety and inside linebacker until the third day, at which point anything goes).
Old 01-18-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

I share the desire for a receiver. Tackle might have the most value at the pick and it does kind of make sense. Bell might not be back and shifting from Freddy to Spiller may also hurt protection. That help was very necessary once Bell first went out and really hurt the offense when the backs couldn't be out catching balls. I don't know if the organization values the position that highly, though. In the 4th round, Hairston was our highest drafted tackle since Mike Williams. They more or less got away with 58 different line combinations this year, using no-name guys. The idea of a reliable left tackle would set a nice core for the offense, but then we're still relying on minimal talent in the passing game that did little to help us after Week 3. I can understand the desire to address the outside weapons after building from the trenches, but I can't see the passing game succeeding with its current level of talent. It's at a very unstable point right now, but I think it could work wonders if Stevie and Chandler are kept and a top receiver is added.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:54 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

My Bills Draft so far in the Forum Mock:

1) Zebrie Sanders
2) Vinny Curry
3a) Jayron Hosley
3b) Marvin McNutt

I also got Jerry Hughes from the Colts for a 5th and a 7th to try out as a LB