Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 03-21-2007, 02:12 AM    (permalink
Jericho@SC
Rookie

Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.

I went to USC's first Spring Practice today.

What stuck out was how big WR #9 David Ausberry was. I see him as another Mike Williams but slightly bigger who will be hard for Pac 10 DBs to tackle. Seems to have pretty good speed too.

Vidal Hazelton also looked good. He has a Keyshawn Johnson type of build.

Basically, USC's receivers are going to be HUGE the next couple of years.

Finally, the trio of Rivers/Maualuga/Cushing (who's slimmed down) look ready and intimidating. They are almost like men amongst boys compared to the backup LB's, who are big in their own right.
Jericho@SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:29 AM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

which running back looked to be used in the starting line up?

gamertag: uscfan06

RWFender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
volman88
Rookie

volman88 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volman88 View Post
erik ainge tore his meniscus
Just read that he will be back in 6 weeks at the most.

Dallas Cowboys/Denver Broncos/Tennessee Volunteer Fan
volman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:02 PM    (permalink
DLS42
Veteran

DLS42 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DLS42 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

We found a kid to start at corner. Plus he can takle a tennessee wideout. He could be special. *stares at Syd'Quan*

Classic NFLDC. Vatech!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLS42 View Post
Elway we'll settle this once and for all. Cal SC sig bet. Cal wins you wear a cal sig for 3 weeks. Sc wins. ill wear a I heart pete caroll sig.
DLS42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:29 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWFender1 View Post
which running back looked to be used in the starting line up?
I was at SC's practice as well. C.J. Gable lit it up, and may lock up the starting spot.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:33 PM    (permalink
bwillie26
Veteran

bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.bwillie26 could make a wolverine purr.

Don't be surprised if Sam Keller doesn't win the starting job at Nebraska. He's getting all the hype, but Joe Ganz seems to be the favorite among the players. Matt Slauson and Maurice Purify went as far to say that he may be the favorite right now.
bwillie26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 01:00 AM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

Quote:
We found a kid to start at corner. Plus he can takle a tennessee wideout. He could be special. *stares at Syd'Quan*
who? (10 characters)
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 01:16 AM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

CJ has my vote for RB. i will have to make it out to practice next week and see the new wide outs

Old 03-22-2007, 08:46 AM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

reigle9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Can anybody watch a USC practice? I'd go check out the PSU practice, but I doubt I'd look very cool getting beat down by an 80 year old man.
reigle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:19 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
Can anybody watch a USC practice? I'd go check out the PSU practice, but I doubt I'd look very cool getting beat down by an 80 year old man.
Yeah, they have huge gatherings. I've been to 2 this offseason, and have got to get some autographs from former players like Dwayne Jarrett and Lendale White(who looks a bit slimmer). Also I have been able to talk to some of the recruits like Mater Dei QB Matt Barkley and and 2006 commit Aaron Corp. I recommend if you have the chance, come down and watch a practice. It's a great experience and it's fun to watch Petes spirit along with the intensity of the players.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:34 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel obligated to share some pictures with you guys

Herschel Dennis

Rey "The Freaka from Eureka" Maualuga

The RBs

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:55 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

Air Vidal!
Old 03-28-2007, 06:59 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Huge blow to UVA today. Kevin Ogletree lost of the year (ESPN has a link, too lazy to go get it right now). He was the leading WR returning, and was going to be critical along with the 2 TE's in the development of our QB. Now, the receivers are young and raw (leading guy returning is Maurice Covington). Thankfully, it happened early, so there's time for someone to get acclimated, but it's a huge blow.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
DLS42
Veteran

DLS42 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DLS42 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
who? (10 characters)
Robert Peele-So and Shane Vareen-Fr

Classic NFLDC. Vatech!
Quote:
Elway we'll settle this once and for all. Cal SC sig bet. Cal wins you wear a cal sig for 3 weeks. Sc wins. ill wear a I heart pete caroll sig.
DLS42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

Quote:
Robert Peele-So and Shane Vareen-Fr
Is Vareen playing corner or tailback at Cal?
Old 03-29-2007, 12:15 AM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

those are some sweet pics, fight on

Old 03-30-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Note
Rookie

Note hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

USC tends to field a good team every year. lol

Here are a few pics of TX Tech's spring.
http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r...2007spring.jpg

Michael Crabtree. He was the QB for Dallas Carter, a run based team. He moved to WR & RS last season. The coaches are very high on him & he was a stud in HS. A guy to watch in Mike Leach's O.

http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r...2007Spring.jpg

One of the DL drills to toughen up the players. Our run D leaves a lot to be desired, so here is a fun drill of DL getting used to being punched by OL.

http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r...in07spring.jpg

CB Jamar Wall from Plainview, TX. He is the sterotypical West Texas HS football player. He had a 24' long jump last year & a knack for defending passes. This is a drill where you catch as many balls as you can w/o dropping them.

For those who know know about Mike Leach, his practices are not normal. His entire approach to football is not normal and we call him TSO for "The Strange One". If we can just improve our D a bit.

Apparently, I am unable to post pics.

Last edited by Note : 03-30-2007 at 01:41 PM.
Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Tigers60

Some nice photos I think if we can improve our defense we have a shot for the Big 12 title. I had big hopes for Daniel Johnson S but never knew what happened to him. I think Garcia is going to do great at SS but I just really don't know about our d-line to linebackers.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:17 AM    (permalink
504 to ATL
Veteran

504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL

LSU concluded their spring practice sessions with their "super tiger bowl."

And what I can say after all of this is that Jamarcus' play will not be sorely missed, more his leadership and charisma. But it is good to have a 5th year senior step in and show his poise.

To help out the relatively new QB's Gary Crowton the new offensive coordinator has installed more bubble screen's and sweeps, along with short routes by the WR's designed to get the ball into the playmakers hands quickly. This should help out with the QB pressure.

But what I truely have to say is that LSU's stable of RB's very nearly compares to USC's. There is veteran leadership and playmaking ability, along with workhorses. Short yardage, grind it out, and big gains they posess it all.

Early Doucet, dont be surprised if he is a front runner for the Belitnikoff(sp?). LSU intends to use him and use him some more until he is gassed. His reception number in the spring game alone was 10+ with 100+ receiving yards and some amazing returns from both punts and kickoffs. His number will be called over and over, so naturally his stats will be piled high.
504 to ATL is offline   Reply With Quote