Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-21-2011, 01:50 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kennedy NL MVP right guys?!

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:50 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
So you're one of the fools who thinks pitchers are ineligible?

I'm the intelligent guy who knows it should have been Jose Bautista.
ATLDirtyBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I'm the intelligent guy who knows it should have been Jose Bautista.
I back this up 100%.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Evan Grant voted put Michael Young #1 on his ballot.

yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hooray for the narrative trumping the actual best player in the AL!

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Evan Grant voted put Michael Young #1 on his ballot.

That's probably because he thought the MVP award should go to the most valuable player on a team that was able to accomplish a big feat. *shrugs*
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:33 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
That's probably because he thought the MVP award should go to the most valuable player on a team that was able to accomplish a big feat. *shrugs*

Even if you're going with the stupid "best player on the best team" argument, that's Ian Kinsler.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Even if you're going with the stupid "best player on the best team" argument, that's Ian Kinsler.
And it would have been Granderson then anyway.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:36 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
And it would have been Granderson then anyway.
Meh, the 2 time defending AL champions disagree.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Meh, the 2 time defending AL champions disagree.
Its a regular season award.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:40 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Its a regular season award.
True, I would still argue that the Rangers are just an overall better team than the Yankees though. Although I don't know why I'm arguing this because I don't see why being on a good team has anything to do with winning an individual award in an individual sport.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
True, I would still argue that the Rangers are just an overall better team than the Yankees though. Although I don't know why I'm arguing this because I don't see why being on a good team has anything to do with winning an individual award in an individual sport.
Because the MVP award should be given to a guy on a team that actually accomplished something specifically because of said player's contributions. Why you think it can go to a losing team is confusing to me. To what heights did he carry his team to?

The MVP award has nothing to do with who the best player in baseball is. The winner of that gets awarded in monetary value and fantasy drafts (lol).

Plus, I also think it goes beyond than just "stats" (although it carries a hefty weight of the award). I think the MVP is also the heart of the team and the leader of the team. The most valueable player to the team. There's no question that Young would get it over any other Rangers player.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 03:50 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Because the MVP award should be given to a guy on a team that actually accomplished something specifically because of said player's contributions. Why you think it can go to a losing team is confusing to me. To what heights did he carry his team to?

The MVP award has nothing to do with who the best player in baseball is. The winner of that gets awarded in monetary value and fantasy drafts (lol).

Plus, I also think it goes beyond than just "stats" (although it carries a hefty weight of the award). I think the MVP is also the heart of the team and the leader of the team. The most valueable player to the team. There's no question that Young would get it over any other Rangers player.
Because Michael Young didn't "carry" his team anywhere. He helped them, but if he played for the Mariners he wouldn't have even made the playoffs. You're giving him a lot of credit for things out of his control.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:02 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's being reported all over Twitter who it was. Cleveland had it out for Verlander. Their other voter had JV 8th.
I don't think he had it out for Verlander just b/c he is from Cleveland. We respect Verlander a lot as Indians fans, and we usually have relatively decent success against him in the past. I think Ingraham is one of those who refuses to vote for pitchers over everyday players for MVP.

In other news, I don't know if it is going around here or not, but the Indians are "on the cusp" of resigning Grady Sizemore. I sure hope he stays healthy this year b/c we need good bats in the worst way next year if we're gonna make a run for the Central.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
I don't think he had it out for Verlander just b/c he is from Cleveland. We respect Verlander a lot as Indians fans, and we usually have relatively decent success against him in the past. I think Ingraham is one of those who refuses to vote for pitchers over everyday players for MVP.

In other news, I don't know if it is going around here or not, but the Indians are "on the cusp" of resigning Grady Sizemore. I sure hope he stays healthy this year b/c we need good bats in the worst way next year if we're gonna make a run for the Central.
I was only suggesting that in jest. The guy said he simply doesn't vote for pitchers.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jose Bautista should have won and Verlander should have finished second. Evan Grant is also an idiot, Michael Young isn't even a top twenty candidate (Bautista/Verlander/Ellsbury/Granderson/Pedroia/CC Sabathia/Cabby//Avila/Kinsler/Cano/Napoli/Beltre/Longoria and more) all deserved it waaaaaaaaaaaaay more. And for those of you who think it isn't the best player for MVP, for this sport is where you are completely wrong. The best player for THAT year deserves MVP in baseball, there is no goddamn team factor here.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jose Bautista didn't have much better of a year than Miguel Cabrera. Can you guys all shut the **** up?
Old 11-21-2011, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jose Bautista didn't have much better of a year than Miguel Cabrera. Can you guys all shut the **** up?
And Verlander didn't have that much of a better year than CC.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-21-2011, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He had slightly more power and played a much harder position.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-21-2011, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

You guys are dumb *****.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not the first time they've got it wrong and it won't be the last. At least they didn't give it to Michael Young for his heart and grit, that would have been hilarious.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

It's not that big of a deal, he was the second or third best choice depending on how you see it. There are certainly worse options to choose from, and I didn't expect Bautista to win anyway.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-21-2011, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Xio's thinking is compromised yet we are all dumb ****? Makes sense.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-21-2011, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Xio's thinking is compromised yet we are all dumb ****? Makes sense.
Yeah, you're ******* dumb by overrating particular stats and ignoring the fact that Bautista played on a team nowhere near contention. I don't believe being on a playoff team is a prerequisite, but you damn well better not finish 4th and be out of the race by June. Statistically, Bautista didn't even lead in the lion's share of the relevant ones.

Last edited by Xiomera : 11-21-2011 at 06:47 PM.
Xiomera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:47 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was only suggesting that in jest. The guy said he simply doesn't vote for pitchers.
kidding is not allowed in this thread. don't you know that baseball is serious?!?!