Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 11-16-2011, 09:01 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would add George O'Leary (UCF) to the coaches who could get fired. He played a large part in the death of Ereck Plancher, which will cost UCF around $12 million. There are also some NCAA investigations going on. Add in that they performed far below their expectations for this year and he could be on the way out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:57 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
The rumors are heating up that Southern Miss head coach Larry Fedora will be the next head coach at Ole Miss
im expecting auburns coaching staff to blow up this year.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scout.com reported that Urban Meyer has agreed to a 7 year 35 million dollar deal with the Buckeyes. No real confirmation from official sources, so that it as just another rumor.

Praying it's true.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:27 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I found another link

https://twitter.com/#!/elevenwarrior...73410241159169

This just adds to my hatred of Urban Meyer. I was a semi-Gator fan, but I couldn't stand Meyer. Then he quits to spend more time with his family but immediately takes a job with ESPN. Now he is taking the Ohio State job? He is such a liar. What sucks is I'm also a Ohio State fan so it is going to be very tough to cheer for them now.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 11-18-2011, 10:45 AM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I found another link

https://twitter.com/#!/elevenwarrior...73410241159169

This just adds to my hatred of Urban Meyer. I was a semi-Gator fan, but I couldn't stand Meyer. Then he quits to spend more time with his family but immediately takes a job with ESPN. Now he is taking the Ohio State job? He is such a liar. What sucks is I'm also a Ohio State fan so it is going to be very tough to cheer for them now.
I heard a little rumor that the real reason he resigned from the Gators is that his wife caught him sleeping around with a UF student, so she gave him the ultimatum of quitting or getting a divorce.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:49 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
I heard a little rumor that the real reason he resigned from the Gators is that his wife caught him sleeping around with a UF student, so she gave him the ultimatum of quitting or getting a divorce.
Heard the same. Not sure how much truth to that rumor. But it is possible.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 11-18-2011, 11:54 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think since the day tressel got canned the first and only name on OSU fans' minds has been Meyer. It might be a culture shock to see an actual aggressive offensive minded head coach at Ohio State for the first time ever. We're talking about a guy who is the main innovator of the college spread option offense at the school known for making "three yards and a cloud of dust" famous. Braxton Miller would be sexy in that system.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would feel bad for the rest of the Big 10 if/when this happens. His ability to recruit Florida will put some big time speed in the division.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tresses was always decent at recruiting Florida, but Meyer would definitely bring that up. And well always do well in Ohio

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:08 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Multiple sources are reporting that Rich Rodriguez will be announced as the newest head coach at Arizona

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:29 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Multiple sources are reporting that Rich Rodriguez will be announced as the newest head coach at Arizona
Perfect hire for the no defense conference. He'll get them all hyped up like WVU was in their no defense conference. And I'm not being facetious, I think it's a good fit where they don't play D (outside of USC).

As an aside, a bunch of 5' tall running backs in Arizona and California just got really excited.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/dayto...type=ynews_rss

Interesting, I wish I could find the original article that stated they struck a deal and that he was being given the green light to put together a dream team of coaches.

I don't know if Herbstreit would necessarily make a great QB coach so not quite sure how that figures into the "dream team scenario"

Would just love to see Spielman on our sidelines again.

Don't know much about Studrawa (if anyone could fill me in)

Fickell moving back to D coordinator would be okay, wonder where Vrabel fits into all of this (if its true). He's probably one of the only coordinators other than Spiealman that I really like and unfortunately they would be in the same positional coach spot.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Herbstreit is the face of ESPN college football. There is no way he's leaving that cushy job to become the QB coach.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would Herbstreit leave the money he's making now to be a QB coach?
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:42 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He would be an absolute idiot to leave an easy TV job that he is making millions of dollars a year doing to take a very difficult and often thankless low tier assistant coaching gig at one of the highest pressure college football programs out there.

No way is that happening.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:44 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He said today he's not going anywhere. (Though you can say he's just saying that)
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:44 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Bruce Feldman on Urban:
"I realize there have been some reports floated that it is a done deal. I'm told by a source those reports are premature, but look for him to be running the show in Columbus very soon."
Old 11-21-2011, 04:47 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want Herbstreit or Spielman. Herbstreit isn't gonna leave his high paying gig at ESPN anyway where he doesn't have to do the unglamorous work of an assistant coach that doesn't make near what College Gameday pays him. Spielman was a failed arena league coach, i would much rather keep Vrabel to coach our linebackers as well than spielman.

Studrawa would be an upgrade over Bollman to say the least. At least we will sign more than 1 or 2 offensive linemen per year without Bollman finally and start increasing our numbers there.

Lots of talk about either Tenuta as the DC again or Fickell being retained as DC. Personally I would love if we kept Fickell and Heacock as co-DCs like we had before Tressel got the boot. Mingle it somehow that we keep Vrabel as LBs coach, Heacock as DLine coach and co-DC, and Fickell as DC. The defensive coaching has been stellar this decade.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:50 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I don't want Herbstreit or Spielman. Herbstreit isn't gonna leave his high paying gig at ESPN anyway where he doesn't have to do the unglamorous work of an assistant coach that doesn't make near what College Gameday pays him. Spielman was a failed arena league coach, i would much rather keep Vrabel to coach our linebackers as well than spielman.

Studrawa would be an upgrade over Bollman to say the least. At least we will sign more than 1 or 2 offensive linemen per year without Bollman finally and start increasing our numbers there.

Lots of talk about either Tenuta as the DC again or Fickell being retained as DC. Personally I would love if we kept Fickell and Heacock as co-DCs like we had before Tressel got the boot. Mingle it somehow that we keep Vrabel as LBs coach, Heacock as DLine coach and co-DC, and Fickell as DC. The defensive coaching has been stellar this decade.
WRT D, prefer a more aggressive style than Heacock offers. The rushing 3 and soft zone crap sucks against teams with any sort of offensive line .
Old 11-21-2011, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I won't lie, I don't wan't Herb as our QB coach. Again, I don't know what would exactly qualify him to be one other than quarterbacking for us at one point.

Wouldn't mind Spielman but maybe I'm just sentimental. Although as I said I prefer Vrabel on our coaching staff.

Fickell doesn't deserve to get booted, he should definitely step down to D coordinator he was pretty good there.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:

Last edited by Sloopy : 11-21-2011 at 05:00 PM.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:06 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
He would be an absolute idiot to leave an easy TV job that he is making millions of dollars a year doing to take a very difficult and often thankless low tier assistant coaching gig at one of the highest pressure college football programs out there.

No way is that happening.
I'd be stunned if Herbstreit is making millions of dollars a year. Maybe if you add in endorsements and licensing rights.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:19 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I'd be stunned if Herbstreit is making millions of dollars a year. Maybe if you add in endorsements and licensing rights.
Stunned? He is the face of ESPN's college football team. A product which brings in hundreds of millions in revenue every year for ESPN.

The product wouldn't go away without him, but keeping him happy is good for their product.

$1M isn't silly and multiples of that aren't either.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

http://www.chacha.com/question/how-m...pn-make-a-year

Take it for what its worth

also as low as: http://www.kgbanswers.com/how-much-m...a-year/4171861

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 11-21-2011, 05:28 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

It looks like Urban to OSU is gaining some steam.

ESPN
Quote:
Regarding Urban Meyer's role for Saturday... We felt the studio in Bristol was the best place for him given the many storylines and top matchups going on in college football this weekend. He can offer commentary about the season, contribute to GameDay from ESPN studios and also help preview and review the significant games on the schedule.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:29 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Stunned? He is the face of ESPN's college football team. A product which brings in hundreds of millions in revenue every year for ESPN.

The product wouldn't go away without him, but keeping him happy is good for their product.

$1M isn't silly and multiples of that aren't either.
But he's a sports broadcaster, the majority of whom don't make nearly as much as most people think they do.

Also, the product is football. The other 95% is stuff they do to fill time and keep viewership when there aren't any games on.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote