Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Diego Chargers Team Forum

San Diego Chargers Team Forum Discuss the Bolts

Old 10-03-2011, 05:08 AM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So far you have to say we've looked kinda "ehhh" through 4 games. But with that said, the team is 3-1 and for now has averted the early season jinx.

What I love is that the young guys are playing very well and exceeding expectations. Mathews, Liuget, Gilchrist, Martin and Butler have all stood out to me. Even English stepped up today and recorded two sacks. On the other hand, the veterans, save for probably Jackson and Weddle, are kinda underachieving right now but hopefully they hit their usual mid to late season stride.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:56 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes the slow starts are behind us and lovig the way Gilchrist and Butler have been playing our DB depth is looking a lot better than before.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:06 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Yes the slow starts are behind us and lovig the way Gilchrist and Butler have been playing our DB depth is looking a lot better than before.
Martin too, and if English actually shows up this year that is a ton of new blood performing well.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:54 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still don't trust gregory at safety :l

Old 10-06-2011, 01:23 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I still don't trust gregory at safety :l
choo choo its the TJ McDonald bandwagon, all aboooard right he's a late first rounder in my eyes, aka perfect placement.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:21 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, 4 weeks since a post in here?
CC.SD, you must be a lonely man in here.

Where is Lionel James, Marion Butts, and Rod Bernstine when you need them?
Even Gary Anderson, not the kicker but the RB!
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:55 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Wow, 4 weeks since a post in here?
CC.SD, you must be a lonely man in here.

Where is Lionel James, Marion Butts, and Rod Bernstine when you need them?
Even Gary Anderson, not the kicker but the RB!
We actually have a pretty good corps of Charger posters in here but yah it could be more lively. Oh well if i wanted to just talk about the chargers i'd call my brothers.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:42 AM    (permalink
evenar
Rookie

evenar is so money.evenar is so money.evenar is so money.evenar is so money.evenar is so money.evenar is so money.evenar is so money.evenar is so money.evenar is so money.evenar is so money.evenar is so money.

I can post some thoughts: Get rid of Norv already! He did a great job grooming Philip, but sometimes a team and especially a QB needs some change to take the last step and win a Super Bowl. I'm also tired of all the penalties and the costly mistakes.

As for the team itself we still have a talented offense. I don't believe that Rivers is a bad QB just like that, and Mathews and Tolbert are both really good. Our WRs are a problem, but VJax is still good and Brown should be able to step up as a WR2 next year. We should, however, inject some talent in this group next year, as Floyd and Crayton could be upgraded. The big focus of this offense is still the offensive line, as Rivers is absolutely depending on having time to throw. An early pick should be spent on a tackle, especially with the injury concerns of McNeill.

As for the defense, I like whats going on on the d-line. I think Corey Liuget and Vaughn Martin will be really good next year, with Castillo also coming back from the injury. Garay and Thomas should be a good duo at the nose.
I can see Butler stepping up next year, and Spikes should have one more year in him as well. Shaun Phillips will be back, and Antwan Barnes is a really good option on passing downs. However, there is absolutely no doubt that we need a difference making pass rusher, and the front office absolutely need to make sure that we get this next April. That should help Cason and Gilchrist, whom I actually think should be all right next year. Weddle is really good, and I also like Oliver as a depth player. Jammer could be moved to safety as well, but we need some more talent in our secondary, thats for sure.

Anyway, our priorities next year must be, in this order:

1. Pass Rusher
2. Pass protector
3. Wide receiver
4. Secondary help

Secondary help could be found with sleeper adds in free agency, while rookie wide receiver playmakers are available in the third every year: Jacoby Ford was a fourth rounder and Vincent Brown from this year was a third rounder.
evenar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:24 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

I want to clean house, but in reality that will never happen.

OL/OLB/Safety/CB/TE/WR in this order for me

Old 11-22-2011, 12:33 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I want to clean house, but in reality that will never happen.

OL/OLB/Safety/CB/TE/WR in this order for me
OLB/OL/OLB/OL for me.

I guess a safety is we can find a decent one. TJ McDonald would be fun if he declares but, unlikely.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:39 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

hi guys hows it going

Old 12-25-2011, 04:28 AM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
hi guys hows it going
BAD! Stick a fork in us, we're done. And so is Norv. I think it'll be Jeff Fisher or Pete Carmichael Jr. as our next boss. 50/50 that A.J. Smith gets canned.

Crappy season. Hopefully we show pride and spoil the Raiders season too. I hate those mother*********. I can't deal with an offseason of Raider fans bragging about their 4 game winning streak against us.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:04 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys should sit Rivers and Jackson for the game so they don't have any injuries heading into the off season :)

But really though I have the feeling this will be a close game, similar to the Thursday night game. It looks like we will be getting Ford and Huff back for sure, and there is still an outside chance that DMC will be ready.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:07 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nobody here?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
OLB/OL/OLB/OL for me.

I guess a safety is we can find a decent one. TJ McDonald would be fun if he declares but, unlikely.
TJ is a senior
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:27 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

that post was from about a year ago.

As of right now I want in this order

OLB/OL/CB

Old 12-02-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Rivers playing good enough to prevent a new coach from wanting his guy or is he also part of the problem?

Just curious, because I like Rivers but I don't want SD play.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Is Rivers playing good enough to prevent a new coach from wanting his guy or is he also part of the problem?
Watching him play against my Broncos, I'd have to give him the benefit of the doubt. It's obvious he has no confidence in his OL (no one else does, either) and their FA moves didn't yield great results. The inability of the team to retain some of his favorite targets such as VJax and Sproles probably doesn't sit well either.

The priority has to be on patching the OL. After that, well, it's not like what works for him is some big mystery - have a few big receivers who can go up and get the ball, along with a pass-catching threat out of the backfield.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:39 AM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

Bruce Arians is the popular name out there right now. We'll see. I prefer a defensive head coach, just my preference. I want Zimmer or Ryan if he gets fired. I feel like this roster is perfect for Ryan. I've just always had a lot of respect for Zimmer too. Don't want Reid, don't really want Gruden either. I'd be ok with Arians or Kelly. Shaw extended with Stanford so he's out. Don't want McCoy, not enough experience. Holmgren... I like him as a coach but don't want him calling the shots. Those are just some of the names I've formed an opinion on.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good luck with johnny Patrick
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post

QB Philip Rivers - Charlie Whitehurst
FB Le'Ron McClain
RB Ryan Matthews - Jawan Jamison - Edwin Baker
WR1 Malcolm Floyd - Ryan Swope - Vincent Brown
WR2 Danario Alexander - Eddie Royal - Robert Meachem
TE Antonio Gates - Joseph Fauria - Ladarius Green
LT Lane Johnson - Mike Harris
LG Kevin Boothe - Johnnie Troutman
C Nick Hardwick - David Molk
RG Brandon Moore - Steve Schilling
RT Bryan Bulaga - Kevin Haslam

RDE Corey Liuget - Logan Harrell
DT Cam Thomas
LDE Kendall Reyes - Damik Scafe
OLB Melvin Ingram - Larry English
ILB Dan Connor - Michael Mauti - Jonas Mouton
ILB Donald Butler - Andrew Gachkar - Philipp Dillard
OLB Shaun Phillips - Jarret Johnson
RCB Marcus Gilchrist - Greg Catson
LCB Jordan Poyer - Shareece Wright
SS Rashad Johnson - Atari Bigby - Brandon Taylor
FS Eric Weddle - Darrell Stuckey

K Nick Novak
P Mike Scifres

Picks
1.11 - Lane Johnson, OT
2.45 - Jordan Poyer, CB
3.76 - Traded for Bryan Bulaga
4.110 - Ryan Swope, WR
5.137 - Jawan Jamison, RB
6.174 - Michael Mauti, LB
6.180 - Joseph Fauria, TE
Soooo I know they aren't a lot of Chargers fans over here but this is what I did in the Forum Mock.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:52 AM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
Soooo I know they aren't a lot of Chargers fans over here but this is what I did in the Forum Mock.
A third for Bulaga isn't a good move. Other than that it's passable. Use the third on a more explosive RB than Jamison.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:52 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just thought you guys might appreciate the twitter page of your newest OL.

https://twitter.com/ohrnberger
Old 09-19-2013, 02:07 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

We've seen a lot of good stuff from Rivers so far this season. Just going by the eyeball test I chalk a lot of it up to protection. Whether it's crappy rushing up front from the Texans/Eagles or a surprisingly sturdy makeshift O-line (2004 redux), Rivers is getting time to scan the field in the pocket for the first time in quite a long while. If it keeps up I could see him carrying us to a decent season. Maybe not enough to overcome the secondary's severe issues but enough to be a factor in the AFC.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

He definitely looks more comfortable out there and it could be that he's able to make more changes and calls out there running the offense on what he sees. I had this season chalked up to be a bad one prior to the season starting, but seeing Rivers play this well is giving me a hope boner.