Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 11-22-2011, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I think Jones comes out. He already holds most of the school's passing records and he isn't going to get any closer to a national title with "Big Game Bob" at Head Coach. And if he's taken out in the red zone for Bell, it won't do him any Heisman favors.

I personally don't like him that much as he reminds me a bit of Blaine Gabbert, but some team will see the franchise tools he has and take a shot in the top 10.
Exactly, if he stays another year he runs a major risk of losing draft stock due to being over analyzed

Quote:
Luck could give all the draft fans the middle finger again by staying, but I think his best chance to win a title/Heisman was this year. He should come out.
Yea I really don't see him staying

Quote:
Griffin should as well. I can't imagine his stock getting any higher than it is right now. Another should-be top 10 pick.
Already has his degree and won't benefit from another year in college.
Quote:
Tannehill, who I'm not a big fan of as a high first rounder, should still work out well and get into the first round mix, even if he's not a top 10 prospect.
A team will trade up into the bottom of round one to grab him that missed out at the top of round 1

Quote:
Barkely really has the best case and biggest reason to stay. Even without him, there could still be 3-4 first round quality QBs.
Dude goes #1 next year

your looking at 2-3 prospects that will be going in the top of round one.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:06 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2-3 is still more than most years as Luck, Griffin and Jones all have franchise QB tools in the very least.

Additionally, last year was a freak year. Every single QB prospect was had some kind of horrific flaws (Newton, Locker, Gabbert) or was overdrafted by at least a round (Ponder.)

I would take any of the three guys mentioned for this year, plus Barkley, over any of the guys from last year as prospects.

Yes Newton has been a "supastar" and Dalton has been a winner...99.9999% of people could not have seen that coming.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
2-3 is still more than most years as Luck, Griffin and Jones all have franchise QB tools in the very least.

Additionally, last year was a freak year. Every single QB prospect was had some kind of horrific flaws (Newton, Locker, Gabbert) or was overdrafted by at least a round (Ponder.)

I would take any of the three guys mentioned for this year, plus Barkley, over any of the guys from last year as prospects.

Yes Newton has been a "supastar" and Dalton has been a winner...99.9999% of people could not have seen that coming.
Right, but just like last year not everyone who needed a QB got one.

Some teams like the Chiefs or the Dolphins who have seemingly serviceable starters might end up walking away from their first overall pick with someone other than a QB because taking a reach on guys at the pick wouldn't be worth it and its not like they don't have other glaring holes.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 11-22-2011, 01:18 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This might be the homer in me, and someone can correct me if I'm wrong here, but any QB the Chiefs bring in is coming into a GREAT situation.

Bowe, Breason, Baldwin and McCluster as your WR group, Moeaki at TE, Jamaal Charles (if healthy) as your RB, and an above average offensive line. Top 5 QBs have definitely come into WORSE situations.

We do need a new offensive coordinator though. That part is huge.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
This might be the homer in me, and someone can correct me if I'm wrong here, but any QB the Chiefs bring in is coming into a GREAT situation.

Bowe, Breason, Baldwin and McCluster, Moeaki as your wideouts, Jamaal Charles (if healthy) as your RB, and an above average offensive line. Top 5 QBs have definitely come into WORSE situations.

Without question, it was quite possible for you guys to take the division this year. Improved QB play would undoubtedly help.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 11-22-2011, 01:21 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Bowe, Breason, Baldwin and McCluster as your WR group, Moeaki at TE, Jamaal Charles (if healthy) as your RB, and an above average offensive line. Top 5 QBs have definitely come into WORSE situations.

Do you really want to come into a coach on the hot seat though? We've seen before what can happen there.

If Haley survives this year, he will without a doubt be on the hot seat next year. Taking a first round pick rookie QB may mean that rookie ends up on the field sooner than expected as that coach tries to save his job. That QB could easily become an Alex Smith or Matt Leinart, where the coach that drafted them is shown the door right away and the new coaching staff never totally warms up to him.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:23 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, I was under the assumption that Pioli had fired Haley. If we're picking top 5 it means we lost our remaining games and ended the season 4-12, which is a possibility at this point. If that happens I don't see a way that Haley keeps his job.

Old 11-22-2011, 01:25 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Oh, I was under the assumption that Pioli had fired Haley. If we're picking top 5 it means we lost our remaining games and ended the season 4-12, which is a possibility at this point. If that happens I don't see a way that Haley keeps his job.
You know what that would mean...

Old 11-22-2011, 01:30 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I hate you! Also, where are the AFC draft grades?!

Old 11-22-2011, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post

Already has his degree and won't benefit from another year in college.
If Griffin returns, he has already been accepted into law school, so yes, he could.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
If Griffin returns, he has already been accepted into law school, so yes, he could.
I was referring to not benefiting form playing in college, he's hot right now and probably won't improve that much by staying.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 11-22-2011, 01:51 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

People like to laud prospects for choosing education over football but seriously, enter the NFL while you're young and a hot prospect. He can retire a multi-millionaire in his 30s with even marginal NFL success and then do law school if that's what he wants.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:04 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
People like to laud prospects for choosing education over football but seriously, enter the NFL while you're young and a hot prospect. He can retire a multi-millionaire in his 30s with even marginal NFL success and then do law school if that's what he wants.
Isn;t that what Steve Young did? He went to law school, yet he 's now an analyst at ESPN. Go figure.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceboy1 View Post
Indy-Luck
Miami- RG3
Seattle-Flynn
Cleveland-Jones
Denver-Wilson
Kansas City-Barkley
Washington-Tannehill
San Francisco-Smith
Seattle passed on Carson Palmer and Kevin Kolb, my guess is they'd have no interest in Flynn. Someone like Tannehill would probably be of interest where they should be drafting.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Yea I mean, the Idea of having something to fall back on is good, but if you have marginal success and your smart with your money, you could live off it and do some part time stuff like local radio or any # of other things to supplement your acquired wealth.

If your good you can get a cushy job at ESPN or something similar making 6 figures for doing pretty much nothing.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 11-22-2011, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Spaceboy1
Rookie

Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keenum is going to surprise people
Spaceboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:23 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Keenum is going to surprise people
Injury history, slightly below average size, average at best arm strength, coming out of a very pass wacky system.....no thanks.

At best he could become another Kevin Kolb. I see someone more like Colt Brennan though.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Spaceboy1
Rookie

Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Spaceboy1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Injury history, slightly below average size, average at best arm strength, coming out of a very pass wacky system.....no thanks.

At best he could become another Kevin Kolb. I see someone more like Colt Brennan though.
Living in Houston and seeing him play often I can tell you he is much better than Kolb. They arent really comparable actually, I guess you compare them because they went to same school? Totally different QBs in totally different systems.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:30 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am hoping that Barkley decides to come out after this year, this group of QBs as prospects would be head and shoulders above last years group. He does have non-monetary incentive to go back to school - get his degree, compete for a BCS bid/ possible NC and be a Heisman favorite (not sure why he isn't in the convo this year).

The early "success" of the rookie QBs this year might also sway those who are having doubts. Last year's draft illustrated how QB needy franchises are and guys were overdrafted.

Laugh if you want but I forgot about Hoyer, I think teams will look at him as a viable RFA option . Teams will like his Patriot pedigree and the fact he was groomed behind Brady. Both Hoyer and Flynn are going to help mold the pre-draft landscape.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Living in Houston and seeing him play often I can tell you he is much better than Kolb. They arent really comparable actually, I guess you compare them because they went to same school? Totally different QBs in totally different systems.
Kolb is too good a comparison. Keenum is like a rich man's Graham Harrell.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Spaceboy1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Kolb is too good a comparison. Keenum is like a rich man's Graham Harrell.
Keenum reminds me more of Drew Brees than he does of Harrell, Kingsbury, Kolb, or BJ Symons.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:45 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
No, I compared them because of the reasons listed above. And you'll note that I said AT BEST he's Kolb. He's not even that good.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Spaceboy1
Rookie

Quote:
No, I compared them because of the reasons listed above. And you'll note that I said AT BEST he's Kolb. He's not even that good.
Why is Kolb better in your eyes? Because hes 6'3 versus 6'2? Because he may have a SLIGHTLY stronger arm (albeit much less accurate). Just curious, I have seen both guys play a lot, and I don't even consider it to be close, Keenum is just a lot better.

Injury history? The ACL? Didn't RG3 have the same injury?
Old 11-22-2011, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Jack203
Rookie

Jack203 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Jack203 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think Arizona and Jacksonsville will be interested in a QB too. I could see Jax taking someone like Tannehill in the 2nd round. If Blaine Gabbert is still playing poorly by week 5 or 6 being benched.
Jack203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Spaceboy1
Rookie

Tannehill is a better receiver than he is QB.