Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 11-24-2011, 10:14 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With NFL coaching I think Burfict has all the potential in the world to be an impact ILB.

I don't think Arizona State's coaches have really matured his game.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:54 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think very much what he's put on tape this year doesn't live up to the hype he had coming into the year. Which pretty much guarantees the "he's overrated" charge. In terms of the NFL? I'm going to wait until he works out for scouts, since there are several questions.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a Rey Maualuga-esque tumble into the second round (Maualuga was the most hyped of the USC LBs coming into the 2008 season, and was the third drafted due mostly to bad senior tape and less than stellar workouts.)
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 12:36 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I think very much what he's put on tape this year doesn't live up to the hype he had coming into the year. Which pretty much guarantees the "he's overrated" charge. In terms of the NFL? I'm going to wait until he works out for scouts, since there are several questions.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a Rey Maualuga-esque tumble into the second round (Maualuga was the most hyped of the USC LBs coming into the 2008 season, and was the third drafted due mostly to bad senior tape and less than stellar workouts.)
Yeah just his position might make him a top of the 2nd type guy, but the talent being as high as it is...
Old 11-25-2011, 07:28 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post

Maualuga was a drunk, had been arrested for drinking and fighting and he ran a slow 40 due to a hamstring injury.

Thats why he dropped.

I'd venture to say the tape shows improvement. So what if he is not making stupid highlights of big hits this year. He has shown he can be technically sound and make form tackles.

If there is any hype that he hasn't lived up to it's that he isn't the mad man that everyone thought he was. So he gets knocked for being a head-case, but when he reins it in he is overrated?

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 07:58 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For a first round LB, you want eitehr superior pass rush or great versatility. He brings neither. He is a thumper, no doubt, and pursues well. However, he does not have the nose for the ball you look for. It is hard to judge his coverage skills, because it is so rarely asked of him.

As for comparisons, both Ray Lewis and Ray Maualuga are unfair, so I will pick them up to kick them down the street. He reminds me of a bigger Bernard Pollard. I do not see the upside. I think there is real danger he is a two down 3-4 ILB, and nothing else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
With NFL coaching I think Burfict has all the potential in the world to be an impact ILB.

I don't think Arizona State's coaches have really matured his game.
I must admit that this is a possibility. We have seen it at the U for several years, before they cleaned house recently.

J

Last edited by onejayhawk : 11-25-2011 at 08:26 PM.
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:01 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what? Burfict is an amazing pass rusher for a MLB and he has amazing insticts

fairly obvious that most of you have never watched a single game of his

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:22 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post

No. He is a good pass rusher in a straight ahead fashion.

As for the instincts, why is he not moving to to the hole quicker? He is a physical monster, but that is too much of his game. When he blows up a play, it is because he beats someone physically, not because he diagnosed. His willingness to stay at home and mind assignments is an open question, because he is always in power forward mode.

Dont get Me wrong, MB is a top ILB prospect. It is just that that is all he is. We have yet to see what he can do against players that can match him physically or counter him with superior technique. As noted above, this could be the fault of his coaches. It will be interesting to see what the All Star games tell us.

J

Last edited by onejayhawk : 11-25-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:28 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly he needs to do a ton of work in the weight room, gets by entirely on natural athleticism & instincts, not ripped in any sense and even has a gut

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
No. He is a good pass rusher in a straight ahead fashion.

As for the instincts, why is he not moving to to the hole quicker? He is a physical monster, but that is too much of his game. When he blows up a play, it is because beats someone physically, not because he diagnosed. His willingness to stay at home and mind assignments is an open question, because he is always in power forward mode.

J
First of all, he indeed is called to pass cover a lot, see my earlier post in this thread for a break down on this guy, very rarely bites on play action and maintains hiz zones wonderfully. Often reads the QB's eyes and makes a break on the ball as it's being released

His nose for the ball is unreal so I won't even bother responding to that nonsense

when he's called upon to blitz he has a great burst into the backfield, I can't believe your going to try and make the argument that an ILB should have better pass rushing skills. His are better than the other two top ILB prospects anyway so your argument is moot

As far as not diagnosing: I laughed real hard here, again look at my breakdown on each snap, the guy is making presnap reads and making adjustments. What more diagnosing do you want him to do?

Your comments about him always being in power forward mode lead me to believe that you are making these comments on reputation alone without having watched him this year. Again please read my snap by snap breakdown, the guy has excellent gap control and breaks down in the open field to make the form tackle.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 11-25-2011, 08:33 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

Quote:
Honestly he needs to do a ton of work in the weight room, gets by entirely on natural athleticism & instincts, not ripped in any sense and even has a gut
This I agree with 100%. Also the film room.

J
Old 11-25-2011, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

For the record I'm not trying to say this guy is the next Ray Lewis by any stretch. Could he be? Yea but it takes more than being a good prospect to be Ray Lewis, it's hard work and dedication over your entire career.

The point is that while you can argue back and forth over his abilities here and there, he is by far the best ILB prospect in this draft and probably one of the least likely of the group to bust, unlike certain other posters would claim

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 11-25-2011, 08:41 PM    (permalink
TheSlinger
Rookie

TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

"You disagree with me so you've never seen him play!"

Awful.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSlinger View Post
"You disagree with me so you've never seen him play!"

Awful.
Or maybe its just not true? Useful and constructive comment though...

Awful

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 11-25-2011, 08:45 PM    (permalink
TheSlinger
Rookie

TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
Or maybe its just not true? Useful and constructive comment though...

Awful
It's about as constructive as his was.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It's about as constructive as his was.
So what are YOUR thoughts on Vontaze Burfict? I would be interested to here your wise and insightful opinion which I value so highly

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 11-25-2011, 08:50 PM    (permalink
TheSlinger
Rookie

Quote:
So what are YOUR thoughts on Vontaze Burfict? I would be interested to here your wise and insightful opinion which I value so highly
Obnoxious troll comments like this are not the way to stimulate conversation. I have my opinions but I know they're meaningless. It would be wise if you would take the same attitude. You might actually learn something.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Obnoxious troll comments like this are not the way to stimulate conversation. I have my opinions but I know they're meaningless. It would be wise if you would take the same attitude. You might actually learn something.
Translation: "I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm just trolling and have no actual input into the conversation at hand."

We were having stimulating conversation, in three posts you have managed to add nothing to it.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 11-25-2011, 08:55 PM    (permalink
TheSlinger
Rookie

Quote:
Translation: "I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm just trolling and have no actual input into the conversation at hand."

We were having stimulating conversation, in three posts you have managed to add nothing to it.
I GAVE my thoughts earlier in this thread, genius. I had no interest in following it up because it was very clear after a comment like fenikz's there was no place for that here.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Oh yea, I just looked and I was the one who actually responded to your post. Feel free to give you rebuttal. Until then, don't troll

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 11-25-2011, 11:13 PM    (permalink
TheSlinger
Rookie

Of course I'll preface this with the insanity of just looking at one game.

Quote:
Here you go Big Banger

I can't help but point out some of the uploader comments... I'm assuming he's watched Burfict play, although I guess it's possible he put together the vid with his eyes closed or something.

Quote:
Honestly I dont see him coming out this year. His draft stock is way down. he is having a terrible season
Quote:
Maybe his tape is awful
Quote:
His instincts are sub par and he is over aggresive. He over runs plays and he misreads a great deal of whats in front of him. I really thought as he got in the film room more his play recognition would improve but it looks worse this year then last
Quote:
Yeah I havent liked his tape this year. Ive broken down 2 games and both have been subpar
Here are the plays where I disagree with you.

Quote:
Snap #11 gets off the block but the runner is by him to the other side
This is because he missed his gap. #21 had this area covered but Burfict followed leaving the middle open for a big gain.

Quote:
Snap #17 does not bit on play action and makes the tackle on the receiver
... after he made a 15 yard catch in Burfict's zone.

Quote:
Snap #19 gets off blocker but fails to get there in time to make the tackle
Left his gap open again.

Quote:
Snap #25 plays his zone makes tackle on the receiver after the catch.
You really can't give him credit for playing his zone when a receiver makes a 13 yard catch in it.

Quote:
Do you want to waste any more of my time or do you feel sufficiently foolish?
This is just sad mr. message board hero.

Then watch his Illinois and Oregon vids and he's even worse than this.
Old 11-25-2011, 11:43 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He isn't as overrated as Andrew Luck at least.
Old 11-25-2011, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
WAYYYY overrated.

This guy has a million dollar body and a ten-cent head. Any team that picks him in the first round will be grossly disappointed and likely have a bust on their hands.
He's the next JPP!! What a bust.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 03:27 AM    (permalink
TheSlinger
Rookie

http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2011/...-arizona-state
Old 11-26-2011, 04:04 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm waiting for people to come out saying that it's all because the refs are targeting him. If he knows the refs are targeting him, then he needs to really keep himself in check. The guy can keep himself in control and it directly hurts his team. I'm pretty sure that I don't trust a guy like this to keep himself focused off the field (learning the playbook & film study) once I give him a big chunk of cash either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 05:24 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think the refs are targeting Burfict, but I think they're aware of his style. The Pac-10 officiating does suck, however, but yeah. There are some concerns about Burfict's game. I wouldn't mind for us to draft him though, I'd love to have his rage on the NE defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote