Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-23-2011, 12:47 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
You guys have it right, Smithing is pretty damn essential..
I haven't focused on smithing at all and leveled up the heavy armor perk tree, with steel plate armor my guy was a ******* tank, now I have ebony and I pretty much can't die unless i'm fighting an ice mage...who are apparently the strongest beings in the universe
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:19 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

See I have the same issue but its with Shock Mages... I have Legendary Daedric armor that stacks up so well against almost everything I actually upped the difficultly so its not so easy.

But shock mages kill me in seconds... I guess I need to get my enchanting up to make myself more resistant.
Old 11-23-2011, 02:12 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsorace View Post
I haven't focused on smithing at all and leveled up the heavy armor perk tree, with steel plate armor my guy was a ******* tank, now I have ebony and I pretty much can't die unless i'm fighting an ice mage...who are apparently the strongest beings in the universe
I didn't have any issues with ice mages because I'm a nord.

Really haven't run into shock mages yet.

I had issues in the cave to the southeast of the Stormcloak city that had all the fire mages because it was bugged on me. All of the NPCs in the dungeon aggro'd to the front of the cave. Later, when I did a quest that had me go in there (to retrieve some sword), it was normal (the NPCs respawned - weird).

The most frustrating enemies I've fought so far are definitely Dreadlord Draugrs. Their Thu'um sends your weapon flying and you have to retrieve it. When you pick it up (if you can find it!), it's unfavorited so you have to go in and fix that and hope you don't get disarmed again.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm having issues with my horse. My horse from outside Solitude died. I went back to the shop to buy a new horse and my new horse isn't saddled. I paid the money, he appears whenever I quick travel to a new location so I know he's mine, but he always walks away from me and heads back to the stables...I seriously have to run to catch up to my own horse. He just walks away from me down the road. I'm going to probably just suicide him off bard's leap or something, but it still sucks.

Short Form: be careful buying horses from the same stable as the one that previously died.

On a side note, I watched Beowulf, fast forwarded through Two Towers, and beat the main quest line in Skyrim today. Pretty productive day. Might add Dragonheart for the hell of it.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 06:17 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got a free horse and have had him for the last 40 hours of gameplay. Sorry to hear your problems.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:20 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you guys want tougher dragon fights up the difficulty to expert... Whew... It took a lot of potions and ***** fighting to get that one.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:28 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I'm having issues with my horse. My horse from outside Solitude died. I went back to the shop to buy a new horse and my new horse isn't saddled. I paid the money, he appears whenever I quick travel to a new location so I know he's mine, but he always walks away from me and heads back to the stables...I seriously have to run to catch up to my own horse. He just walks away from me down the road. I'm going to probably just suicide him off bard's leap or something, but it still sucks.

Short Form: be careful buying horses from the same stable as the one that previously died.

On a side note, I watched Beowulf, fast forwarded through Two Towers, and beat the main quest line in Skyrim today. Pretty productive day. Might add Dragonheart for the hell of it.
This happened to me too, but I bought my first horse from Whiterun I think. It definitely wasn't Solitude both times.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:52 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and I have hit the wall...same wall I hit when playing fallout...you get to a point and the game seems pointless...Im like lvl 35 and have only done side missions...no main missions really...I have tons of money and just run in and hack things up...Im murdering mammoths and giants...they are nothing. I could pump it up to expert...blah.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 02:50 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
and I have hit the wall...same wall I hit when playing fallout...you get to a point and the game seems pointless...Im like lvl 35 and have only done side missions...no main missions really...I have tons of money and just run in and hack things up...Im murdering mammoths and giants...they are nothing. I could pump it up to expert...blah.
I haven't quite hit this wall yet. I'm a level 45 right now. Still have two more quests left in the main mission and the entire Mage Guild. Also I'm trying to find some more Daedric quests. I'll probably be at that point soon though, I've done nearly every side mission, some of the lead to the best moments in the game.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:07 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Trust me up the difficultly it makes a huge difference.

I think I might actually go up to master to make it challenging like it should be.

Last edited by ImBrotherCain : 11-25-2011 at 10:02 AM.
ImBrotherCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Killed my third dragon today and it was effing awesome. Got to use alot of the food I've been hoarding to free up some weight. I'm watching Hoarding right now instead of playing, I need to change this. I keep trying to fight giants, hasn't turned out very well...yet.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the trick to pickpocketing? I can't get that down at all.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 10:48 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
What's the trick to pickpocketing? I can't get that down at all.
Up your ability in sneak and find items that give bonuses to pickpocketing.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Up your ability in sneak and find items that give bonuses to pickpocketing.
I might pay that one guy in the thieves guild to up my ability. I think he does sneak. I kept trying to the first pickpocketing mission for the theives guild and every time I grab the item, I get caught.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:58 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I might pay that one guy in the thieves guild to up my ability. I think he does sneak. I kept trying to the first pickpocketing mission for the theives guild and every time I grab the item, I get caught.
Are you wearing their armor... I am pretty sure it gives bonuses to sneak and pickpocketing.
Old 11-25-2011, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Are you wearing their armor... I am pretty sure it gives bonuses to sneak and pickpocketing.
I am. I only tried it 3 times. But it is so annoying to go back and load it over and over again.
Old 11-25-2011, 11:07 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I am. I only tried it 3 times. But it is so annoying to go back and load it over and over again.
Yea it is a pain... I can't really remember the quest but if you can do it when its dark out and make sure your not detected before you attempt
Old 11-25-2011, 11:07 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
I've spent the last 3 hours reading about the snow elfs and the dwarfs. like I've said before, it would be so awesome if they bring them back in the next game.
Old 11-25-2011, 11:24 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
I haven't quite hit this wall yet. I'm a level 45 right now. Still have two more quests left in the main mission and the entire Mage Guild. Also I'm trying to find some more Daedric quests. I'll probably be at that point soon though, I've done nearly every side mission, some of the lead to the best moments in the game.
I think the problem might be that there are too many miscellaneous quests. By doing those and maybe only doing two or three main line quests im a 35ish...I want to get rid of all those minor quests just to get rid of the clutter.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 03:18 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Incredible game, so addictive. Glad I have no job.
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 04:00 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
I think the problem might be that there are too many miscellaneous quests. By doing those and maybe only doing two or three main line quests im a 35ish...I want to get rid of all those minor quests just to get rid of the clutter.
That happens to me...

Now, when I log in, I just get overwhelmed with my quest log and will do a couple things and log out. There's sooo much to do. Having finished the main quest line, there's no incentive for me to just power through parts I'm not enjoying as much. I do love playing as a thief, though. Kind of wish I had done the thieves guild stuff before dark brotherhood to build up my stealthy skills. I think DBH would have been more fun if I was stealthy.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:05 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got a new xbox and skyrim. I love the game, but so far no dragons at all, expect for the opening sequence of the game. Is there a quest I should pass before they start popping up and flying around? In oblivion you had to do some of the main quest line before the gates open up all over. Is that how it works for this game for Dragons to attack you randomly?? So far, I didn't do the main quest, and so far no dragons.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Took like 10+ hours for my first random dragon spawn.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:02 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Took like 10+ hours for my first random dragon spawn.
Ok, I am close to that I think. Maybe 7 or 8. I was just making sure because I wander around and explore and still see nothing. Maybe that's the way of the game allowing you to get used to it, and get somewhat stronger to fight them.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't think anything of it. My room mate had like 5-6 dragons early in his game and I've only seen the one random one and I'm now 18 hours in. Random dragon is random.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote