Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 02:36 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
Leave his ass in Baltimore.
If he simply doesn't touch that defender on the chop block Ginn scores a touchdown and it scores. Unbelievable. Rachal seriously screwed us over.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 11-25-2011, 04:52 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
If he simply doesn't touch that defender on the chop block Ginn scores a touchdown and it scores. Unbelievable. Rachal seriously screwed us over.
It was also SUUUCCH a ticky-tack call. The rule says you can't come high to block a player being engaged low. Gore had already blocked him and he was already on his way to the ground when he put ONE hand on him as he was decinding to the turf. So he wasn't engaged and he technically didn't block him, as he had two feet off the ground. Horrible call. But again, why do you even lay a hand on him if your Chilo? Just a complete brain fart on his part.
Old 11-25-2011, 05:13 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I'd rather seen him or Boone attempt to play RG than Chilo Rachal.
Yeah I'm wondering what the deal is. Did Rachal really look that much better in the limited training camp? It just seems too much on a coincidence that the line played better when Rachal left early in the season and played terrible when he was in the lineup, which was the majority of the game.

Quote:
Old 11-25-2011, 07:16 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rachal deserves almost all of the blame for last night's loss, and it is rare to be able to say that about a single offensive lineman, but Whitner should be mentioned as well. Had what looked like a great angle on Evans on that third down and was beat in coverage for the touchdown.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:49 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
I said when escapes from pressure and he's rolling to his right, he needs to look deep to intermediate first.
I'm confused because you said that you want him to get rid of it quickly when pressure comes.

If he gets rid of it quickly, the opportunity to ellude pressure and hit intermediate to deep routes will never present itself.

Each drop-back is it's own unique case and can't be generalized for the most part. Different play-call, different formations, different personnel, different protection, etc, etc.

I completely understand your want for him to be more "cool in the pocket" like Brees, and more "hit the long ball when rolling from pressure" like Roethlisberger. Completely understand. However, that's what few QBs do. Even less do both. Alex Smith isn't elite in that sense and likely won't be.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:51 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boone is too valuable as a swing tackle to put him at Guard. Kilgore and Person were added for this. If they're not ready, the waiver wire is always available.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kilgore and Person seem to be red-shirting this year, gaining weight and getting ready to be key back ups-fill-in starters next year. Harbaugh & Co. have trimmed most of the other fat off the team; it's safe to say that Rachal will not be a Niners for the '12 season.

It was a very ticky-tack call (along with a few others) to get rid of a game-changing TD play for a 'judgement call like that, but the Niners seemed to not take many more shots downfield after that. Their secondary was vulnerable and has been getting beat in recent games; thus why their gameplan was to blitz so much.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 11-25-2011, 11:33 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I'm confused because you said that you want him to get rid of it quickly when pressure comes.

If he gets rid of it quickly, the opportunity to ellude pressure and hit intermediate to deep routes will never present itself.

Each drop-back is it's own unique case and can't be generalized for the most part. Different play-call, different formations, different personnel, different protection, etc, etc.

I completely understand your want for him to be more "cool in the pocket" like Brees, and more "hit the long ball when rolling from pressure" like Roethlisberger. Completely understand. However, that's what few QBs do. Even less do both. Alex Smith isn't elite in that sense and likely won't be.
Your making this more difficult than it is. I said, when he reads the blitz, PRE-SNAP, he needs to get the ball out quicker. Pressure doesn't always mean a blitz. When you get those exotic looks up front, don't fool around get the ball out of your hands if you see the guys struggling upfront with mis-cummunicatiin. You have to shorten your drop and get the ball out quicker. Too often he just drops back as if the blitz will get picked-up. At some point.....maybe after zone-blitz sack #3 or #4, you would think he would understand that they're having problems upfront and just get the ball out quickly.

Now that has nothing to do with when he escapes pressure(i.e, not a blitz) and he is scaning the field, to look deep to intermediate first. Like when escaped the Ngata sack, and he threw short for the first down. Its wasn't a blitz, it was a four man rush. He escaped the grasp of Ngata and he was rolling to the right looking to make a play. His eyes were locked on to one side of field short. I would like him to look to get the ball deeper under those circumstances. He doesn't have to be Big Ben, he just needs to be trained to not drop his eyes. Its not impossible for him to learn to incoperate that into his game.
Old 11-25-2011, 11:41 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Kilgore and Person seem to be red-shirting this year, gaining weight and getting ready to be key back ups-fill-in starters next year. Harbaugh & Co. have trimmed most of the other fat off the team; it's safe to say that Rachal will not be a Niners for the '12 season.

It was a very ticky-tack call (along with a few others) to get rid of a game-changing TD play for a 'judgement call like that, but the Niners seemed to not take many more shots downfield after that. Their secondary was vulnerable and has been getting beat in recent games; thus why their gameplan was to blitz so much.
Might have to burn their red-shirts. Rachal is not the answer. I wouldn't mind seeing Davis slide over to RG and let Boone man the RT spot. But Davis was making such huge strides these last few weeks, you don't want to interupt that progression though. Jimbaugh has always said the best 5 guys will start and I don't see how Rachal is better than Boone at this point. Something's gotta give and giving up a Raven's franchise record 9 sacks(and to his brother no less) should have Jimbaugh fixated on the O-Line for the next few days. But if Synder is a able to go in a week, then its a moot point. Stay tuned.....
Old 11-25-2011, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Oh no. Hopefully Snyder isn't out.

Quote:
--Right guard Adam Snyder sustained a hamstring injury that knocked him out of the game. When asked if he fears Snyder will be out for a long period of time, Harbaugh said, "I don't know exactly where it stands at this moment. Don't fear it. (Snyder is a) guy that bounces back quick and Chilo is up and ready to go."

When asked if Alex Boone has the ability to play guard and compete with Rachal for the job, Harbaugh said, "We believe in Chilo Rachal. So we feel good with him at that position. If it's prolonged with Snyder, then Chilo will step up."

Quote:
Old 11-25-2011, 07:40 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rachal is an UFA after the season and I'll be pissed if we re-sign him especially if Snyder is allowed to leave. I rather have any one of you guys out there at RG instead of Rachal. UGH. I'm so disgusted with that guy.

And I dont see us re-signing WR Braylon Edwards. He's done and appears to have nothing left whatsoever. At least Crabtree is playing better and better and I love those WR screens towards the sideline.

Also, is it just me or is Hunter more explosive than Gore right now?
Old 11-25-2011, 08:28 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
And I dont see us re-signing WR Braylon Edwards. He's done and appears to have nothing left whatsoever.
He's still recovering from knee surgery.

Quote:
Also, is it just me or is Hunter more explosive than Gore right now?
right now? Hunter is a more explosive athlete, period. It doesn't mean he's as good of an all-around RB. At least, not yet.
Old 11-26-2011, 01:27 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

I hope this doesn't lay a blueprint for other teams. Wouldn't be surprised if the Rams just pinned their ears back in the next game and kept sending five rushers every passing play. The offense needs to adjust and start throwing in screens and slants to offset some of those aggressive tactics we saw from Baltimore last night.

Quote:
Old 11-26-2011, 01:28 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Oh and from Matt Barrows blog. Looks like Rachal may be starting in place of Snyder.

Quote:
Snyder was limping badly after the game, which suggests his availability for next Sunday's game against the Rams also is in doubt.
At least the next game is a home game against the Rams after 11 days of rest.

Quote:
Old 11-26-2011, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
He's still recovering from knee surgery.

right now? Hunter is a more explosive athlete, period. It doesn't mean he's as good of an all-around RB. At least, not yet.
Hunter is the speed back compliment to Gore that I've wanted the team to get for a few years now but he's not on the same level as Gore. Gore is still among the elite at this position, but likely only has a few years left (at best) of solid production. They'll need to replace Giore with a more all-around back as I believe Hunter has talent but is most effective as a change-of-pace guy. Hunter's pass pro has been better than I would have imagined, given his size. The kid has heart and you can tell he loves to play football.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 11-26-2011, 03:21 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Edwards is still recovering from knee surgery, whats the point in playing him? Especially since he's not doing a damn thing. Hell, right now, I would rather see Williams start opposite Crabtree.

Hopefully, Rachal gets injured in practice and Kilgore can start at RG since I rather see him start and play instead of Rachal.

Hunter is a rookie and damn explosive running the ball and in pass protection. Personally, I think that he's been more consistent than Gore this season.
Old 11-26-2011, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Hunter is a rookie and damn explosive running the ball and in pass protection. Personally, I think that he's been more consistent than Gore this season.
Personally, I think you're crazy. Gore had 5 straight weeks of 100 yards + a TD. That's about as consistent as you can get.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 11-26-2011, 04:50 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I hope this doesn't lay a blueprint for other teams. Wouldn't be surprised if the Rams just pinned their ears back in the next game and kept sending five rushers every passing play. The offense needs to adjust and start throwing in screens and slants to offset some of those aggressive tactics we saw from Baltimore last night.
We've been a good offense against the blitz all year. Thursday was a abberation more than anything. It wasn't just the blitz , it was that it was virtually impossible to block Suggs and Ngata. And McPhee played outstanding as a reserved. Really liked him in last year's draft. We won't face another front that stout at the POA all year, including Pittsburgh. The blitz is much more effective when you have guys upfront that overwhelm blockers. I'm not worried about the blitz. Synder's injury is much more important at this point. The O-Line just doesn't play with cohension with Rachal, I don't care how coach spins it. Its evident on the field. We need Synder healthy....
Old 11-26-2011, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

The Ravens have some elite players that played elite. That's when talent combined with scheme can overcome scheme.

Old 11-26-2011, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
We've been a good offense against the blitz all year. Thursday was a abberation more than anything. It wasn't just the blitz , it was that it was virtually impossible to block Suggs and Ngata. And McPhee played outstanding as a reserved. Really liked him in last year's draft. We won't face another front that stout at the POA all year, including Pittsburgh. The blitz is much more effective when you have guys upfront that overwhelm blockers. I'm not worried about the blitz. Synder's injury is much more important at this point. The O-Line just doesn't play with cohension with Rachal, I don't care how coach spins it. Its evident on the field. We need Synder healthy....
We may play the Saints in the playoffs. If that happens they'll probably blitz the hell out of Alex Smith. I don't want what happened in the preseason to happen in the playoffs. Alex needs to make defenses pay for that kind of aggression.

Quote:
Old 11-26-2011, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Here is NFL Network's Sound FX on the 49ers miscues. It's actually interesting to see Alex Smith mic'd up and the coaching staff in the press box mic'd up.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-...content_stream

Quote:
Old 11-28-2011, 05:59 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
We may play the Saints in the playoffs. If that happens they'll probably blitz the hell out of Alex Smith. I don't want what happened in the preseason to happen in the playoffs. Alex needs to make defenses pay for that kind of aggression.
And he has all year. Check his numbers versus the blitz before the Ravens game. Like I said, it was a one gme thing. The Raven are thin at CB. Foxworth, Carr, and a backup are hurt. Made too much sense for them to not try to throw off our timing by giving us exotic looks and different blitzes on third down. We just never adjusted. The Saints can't pull off what the Ravens did because they don't have the kind of talent up front or on the edge like the Ravens. We're a totally different team than the one they faced in the pre-season. They wouldn't be nearly as sucessful with that same philosphy. And the Saints are horrible against the run so why throw when could just run Gore and Hunter all day? That was one of the the things about the Ravens game that gets overlooked.....they're a good team versus the run, which is why we were in so many 3rd and longs.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 11-28-2011 at 06:05 AM.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:12 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
And he has all year. Check his numbers versus the blitz before the Ravens game. Like I said, it was a one gme thing. The Raven are thin at CB. Foxworth, Carr, and a backup are hurt. Made too much sense for them to not try to throw off our timing by giving us exotic looks and different blitzes on third down. We just never adjusted. The Saints can't pull off what the Ravens did because they don't have the kind of talent up front or on the edge like the Ravens. We're a totally different team than the one they faced in the pre-season. They wouldn't be nearly as sucessful with that same philosphy. And the Saints are horrible against the run so why throw when could just run Gore and Hunter all day? That was one of the the things about the Ravens game that gets overlooked.....they're a good team versus the run, which is why we were in so many 3rd and longs.
True. We could run the ball on them all day and play ball control offense. If we're at home I think we'd be able to pull it off consistently. At the same time I think of what they did against the Texans and just kept scoring on will against them and I believe Houston still has the number one ranked defense in the NFL. Maybe not. Oh and Jimmy Graham scares me. I don't think we have anyone that could cover him with his size and speed.

Quote:
Old 11-28-2011, 02:33 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
True. We could run the ball on them all day and play ball control offense. If we're at home I think we'd be able to pull it off consistently. At the same time I think of what they did against the Texans and just kept scoring on will against them and I believe Houston still has the number one ranked defense in the NFL. Maybe not. Oh and Jimmy Graham scares me. I don't think we have anyone that could cover him with his size and speed.
Very true about Graham. We don't have anyone who could slow him down.
Closed Thread