Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-25-2011, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Don't think anything of it. My room mate had like 5-6 dragons early in his game and I've only seen the one random one and I'm now 18 hours in. Random dragon is random.
Yeah don't worry about it, you'll see a ton of dragons randomly through the game. I probably kill one every two hours.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had my first random one attack me last night in Riverwood. Me and the townsfolk banded together against the Reptilian menace, only for them to kill me once the dragon died. I looted the corpse then once that was done I got stabbed from behind, that's no way to treat your future savior... Never mind....
Old 11-25-2011, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

got my smithing to 100. dragonscale armor looks dope.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:20 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Took like 10+ hours for my first random dragon spawn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Ok, I am close to that I think. Maybe 7 or 8. I was just making sure because I wander around and explore and still see nothing. Maybe that's the way of the game allowing you to get used to it, and get somewhat stronger to fight them.
Seriously...? You guys are lucky. For a while I saw a dragon every 3 towns I went to.

It got really freaking annoying when I was trying to do other ****.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:30 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Seriously...? You guys are lucky. For a while I saw a dragon every 3 towns I went to.

It got really freaking annoying when I was trying to do other ****.
I am not sure I'd call it lucky. The game's component revolves around dragons, so I am very curious to encounter one. So when everyone talk about it, and here I am wandering around, and not seen 1 since the opening sequence it gets frustrating. I already learned a shout, but now need a dragon soul to use it.

But I can see how it's annoying. I used to get annoyed when mountain lions or bears chased me through Westweald in Oblivion, and somehow I'd run near an Oblivion Gate and then I had deadric creatures AND the bear or lion all chasing me, lol.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 11:48 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
got my smithing to 100. dragonscale armor looks dope.
Eh...it's kind of weird looking. I do have to say it feels bad ass killing a dragon while wearing it though haha.

I'm rocking Ebony myself. Just got my Enchanting up to 50 and made Smithing Gear to finish it off too. Between that and some potions, I'm doing alright gear-wise. My Daedric Greatsword does like 200+ now.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 04:19 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it wrong that I keep trying to talk to Babette to see if she'll notice my Amulet of Mara?
Old 11-26-2011, 04:21 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes...

I mean technically she is legal... But still wrong
Old 11-26-2011, 06:19 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Eh...it's kind of weird looking. I do have to say it feels bad ass killing a dragon while wearing it though haha.

I'm rocking Ebony myself. Just got my Enchanting up to 50 and made Smithing Gear to finish it off too. Between that and some potions, I'm doing alright gear-wise. My Daedric Greatsword does like 200+ now.
I have 2 single hand swords that do 165 each counting the bonuses to them...tis nice to hack down a mammoth with.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When you get more powerful can the frost giants still fling you through the air?
Old 11-26-2011, 07:17 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngatachance92 View Post
When you get more powerful can the frost giants still fling you through the air?
If you sit there and let them. They're actually pretty easy to kill. Wait for them to start to swing, side step like a mofo, whack on them until they start to swing again.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
If you sit there and let them. They're actually pretty easy to kill. Wait for them to start to swing, side step like a mofo, whack on them until they start to swing again.
Next time I face one ill try to use a one hander sword so ill have greater movement, I usually use a war hammer but that has been leaving me wide open. I tried fighting one yesterday only to back into a corner to get punted.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:21 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Has anyone done the Forbidden Legend quest yet where you right the Gauldurs... Hardest battle ever.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I started doing it because I thought it was the next Companion quest. Once I realised it wasn't, I stopped.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:07 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Has anyone done the Forbidden Legend quest yet where you right the Gauldurs... Hardest battle ever.
My favorite quest in the game so far.
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:29 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsorace View Post
My favorite quest in the game so far.
It was a good one... again hard as a **** after 50 mozzarella sticks.
Old 11-26-2011, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is anyone else a little bit disappointed in the guilds in Skyrim? This is probably one of the few things that I enjoyed more in Oblivion - the guilds were more interesting/longer. The Dark Brotherhood was probably my favorite part of oblivion but now unfortunately I can't say the same for Skyrim. On the other hand, I barely ever went exploring in dungeons in Oblivion and love it in Skryim, so it's give and take.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Is anyone else a little bit disappointed in the guilds in Skyrim? This is probably one of the few things that I enjoyed more in Oblivion - the guilds were more interesting/longer. The Dark Brotherhood was probably my favorite part of oblivion but now unfortunately I can't say the same for Skyrim. On the other hand, I barely ever went exploring in dungeons in Oblivion and love it in Skryim, so it's give and take.
I believe we discussed this earlier, but I think the guilds were better in Oblivion. However, the main quest and just about everything else is far superior in Skyrim.
Old 11-27-2011, 02:10 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Old 11-27-2011, 10:29 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok. I finally got Skyrim Friday morning.

Love it. I've gotten up to level 16 basically doing companions' quests.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:39 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
I believe we discussed this earlier, but I think the guilds were better in Oblivion. However, the main quest and just about everything else is far superior in Skyrim.
The way I figure it is that Cyrodil is the center of Tamril so there are more guilds and stuff to do. Skyrim is like Alaska or the wild untamed north. So there is less order and less guilds. When I think of it like that I don't get too annoyed by it.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:39 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I got a new xbox and skyrim. I love the game, but so far no dragons at all, expect for the opening sequence of the game. Is there a quest I should pass before they start popping up and flying around? In oblivion you had to do some of the main quest line before the gates open up all over. Is that how it works for this game for Dragons to attack you randomly?? So far, I didn't do the main quest, and so far no dragons.

I'm pretty sure you have to do the first 2 quests in the main quest line.

Last edited by XxXdragonXxX : 11-27-2011 at 10:43 AM.
XxXdragonXxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:03 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
I'm pretty sure you have to do the first 2 quests in the main quest line.

Thanks! Yeah, I just did all that yesterday. I got that stuff. My question was that people, from what I read, are getting attacked randomly by dragons and stuff. I have been wandering around, hunting, and collecting ingredients, and haven't been attacked once by a random dragon flying around. So that's why I was wondering if I had to do some of the main quest for it to trigger those random attacks from that point forward in the game.

Similar to Oblivion, where you did the first oblivion gate and from there on gates spawned up everywhere throughout Cyrodil.

I did that went to the high mountain, and came back down, and now roaming around, and I need another dragon soul for one shout I have no can't use. So that's why I was wondering where the heck these over sized lizards are.
Old 11-27-2011, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty much every time I level up, then fast travel to a different city I get dragon'd. I look forward to it though, I've killed 24 of them so far.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:55 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually had a blast playing the college of winterhold's quests. The others were just meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote