Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-27-2011, 06:56 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Thanks! Yeah, I just did all that yesterday. I got that stuff. My question was that people, from what I read, are getting attacked randomly by dragons and stuff. I have been wandering around, hunting, and collecting ingredients, and haven't been attacked once by a random dragon flying around. So that's why I was wondering if I had to do some of the main quest for it to trigger those random attacks from that point forward in the game.

Similar to Oblivion, where you did the first oblivion gate and from there on gates spawned up everywhere throughout Cyrodil.

I did that went to the high mountain, and came back down, and now roaming around, and I need another dragon soul for one shout I have no can't use. So that's why I was wondering where the heck these over sized lizards are.

Yeah since you've done the first dragon fight you should be getting random attacks. I think that one unlocks them.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:29 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, dragons are disabled until you complete that quest and kill your first dragon. Game on, now!
Old 11-27-2011, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At the College of Winterhold, I was sent to find "Hanging Gardens" which is a book. I slay the whole ******* cave and when I take it out of the chest, it still has the marker above the chest. I can see it in my inventory and I cannot take it out because it's a ******* quest item. So ******* ridiculous.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:42 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How hard are the Dragons? I'm at level 18 and have encountered two randoms on my own and just fled. The one outside Whiterun was easy because he basically just attacked everyone else and I just kept on hitting him with arrows.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:48 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They are easy. Just don't strange in front is them when they land.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
They are easy. Just don't strange in front is them when they land.
What's the easiest way to take them down. From distance with spells and/or arrows. Or from behind with an axe/swoard/etc. I just assumed I wasn't ready for them yet.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
What's the easiest way to take them down. From distance with spells and/or arrows. Or from behind with an axe/swoard/etc. I just assumed I wasn't ready for them yet.
Arrows are really easy.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:51 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It depends on your character build. For me its pelt him with arrows until he lands then full on assault with my axe.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just close and melee. If you are higher levels and have Archery to like 40 then go ahead and shoot them with arrows, but other than that just close, step to the side and behind them and hack away.

I shout at them to start, throw a couple fireballs or ice storms(depending on if its a fire or frost dragon, if it breathes fire at you then its weak against ice and vice versa), then close and beat it down.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:02 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dragons are extremely easy. Just use Unrelenting Force to knock them out of their breath attacks.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:06 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't buy the house in Windhelm and its driving me nuts... I was going to buy that house get married and so forth...

I might actually start the game over :-X and switch to a different character type.

Blah.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:17 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I can't buy the house in Windhelm and its driving me nuts... I was going to buy that house get married and so forth...

I might actually start the game over :-X and switch to a different character type.

Blah.
Can you buy a house in every city? I bought the one in Whiterun and spent a ton of gold buying all the crap for it. Is there any advantage to having a place in one city vs another.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:19 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Yeah, you can.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:27 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Can you buy a house in every city? I bought the one in Whiterun and spent a ton of gold buying all the crap for it. Is there any advantage to having a place in one city vs another.
They claim the one in windhelm is the best... It has multiple weapon display racks and 3 manaqins that you can display armor on...

So clearly I want it. I was then going to get married and have them move into that house but in my save the game is bugged and it sucks.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:29 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
They claim the one in windhelm is the best... It has multiple weapon display racks and 3 manaqins that you can display armor on...

So clearly I want it. I was then going to get married and have them move into that house but in my save the game is bugged and it sucks.
Damn. I feel stupid now for spending over 6,000 gold on the one in Whiterun.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:31 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Damn. I feel stupid now for spending over 6,000 gold on the one in Whiterun.
I did too... Its the starter house. So really no one can blame you.

Still I think I might reroll my character. 45 hours down the drain :-(
Old 11-30-2011, 08:32 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Is it the bug where a dead body randomly appears at the wedding and everyone acts like you didn't show up? That happened to me and I had to go back and convince her to give me another shot and the wedding worked after that.

I will say being married in this game seems like it was thrown in last-minute and it may not even be worth it.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:36 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

No the bug is that you get the offer to buy the house in Windhelm but everytime you click the action to buy the guy says something along the lines of

"There is a house available in the city but some terrible things have happened there recently and its currently not ready"

From what I read is that if you try to buy the house after doing some specific Dark Brotherhood another quest wont trigger and you cant buy it until they patch that. Which if it takes anywhere near the time it has taken to fix the framerate bug that is on the PS3 its not happening anytime soon.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:36 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
I did too... Its the starter house. So really no one can blame you.

Still I think I might reroll my character. 45 hours down the drain :-(
You can't sell it can you?
Old 11-30-2011, 08:37 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You can't sell it can you?
Nope... You can just have Lydia live in it. She annoys the **** out of me anyhow.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:39 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Nope... You can just have Lydia live in it. She annoys the **** out of me anyhow.
Haha. Is she the girl the Jarl provides for you? If so, she died about 10 hours ago in my game. I used her to distract all those Alik'r warriors in the quest where they were looking for the girl in Whiterun.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:40 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Haha. Is she the girl the Jarl provides for you? If so, she died about 10 hours ago in my game. I used her to distract all those Alik'r warriors in the quest where they were looking for the girl in Whiterun.
Yes and that is an appropriate death lol
Old 11-30-2011, 01:38 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

So I tried one last thing in an attempt to get that house and no luck...

I think I might just go start a new save... *Sigh*
Old 11-30-2011, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
So I tried one last thing in an attempt to get that house and no luck...

I think I might just go start a new save... *Sigh*
I'm thinking about doing that as well, although I'm not nearly as far as you. I just don't like being a Nord. I kind of just picked it by default.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:44 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my buddy texted me, excited that i finally got Skyrim last week. i asked what level he was & he responded: 25,21,20,17,15.

Dude has 5 characters!!!!! in his defense, he is a total nerd, but he also travels for work (& brings his ps3 & a projector with him) & realyl spends most of his work week sitting in hotels.

I'm a level 17 Kahjit archer, and sooner or later i will start a high elf mage, just for ***** and giggles.

edited to avoid an infraction! :)

Last edited by The_Dude : 11-30-2011 at 02:04 PM.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote