Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 12-01-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
David Nelson usually is not listed as starting, since we almost always have 3+ receivers on the field and he operates from the inside. It was the same way when Donald Jones was the "#2" receiver. That role is a little more isolated and is targeted much less often to test the one-on-one matchup. Nelson gets the slot looks and is the receiver to watch in the red zone. I'd worry much more about the growing use of Scott Chandler outside of the red zone cutting into Nelson's yards and catches more than I would about Brad Smith being listed above him.

Nelson would have been the guy catching the game-winning touchdown last week had Stevie caught the one he should have. Ten yards out is almost automatic to him.
D'OH!

Thanks for the correction. I didn't realize Jones had made it back and played vs. the Cowboys. I thought the promotion of Smith was an indictment of Nelson rather than the replacement of Jones now that he's on IR.

While looking into that, I noticed the Bills signed Hagan. I am surprised he sat around somewhere without much interest as I thought he played well in limited action for Oakland. He might be one to watch.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
HELPPPPPP...please.

Pick 1:

Cam Newton
Tim Tebow

Pick 2: 1PPR

Arian Foster
Matt Forte
Chris Johnson
Kevin Smith (Dou)

Steve Smith
Victor Cruz (Que)
Brandon Marshall
Antonio Brown
Michael Crabtree

Pick 1: 1PPR

Fred Davis
Kellen Winslow

Pick 1 FLEX from players not picked.

Thanks geezers!!!
Bottom of page FTL.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:05 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, there hasn't been much said about Hagan since we got him. Still learning the offense, I suppose, but I was surprised that he wasn't in last week with Roosevelt out. Not sure what will happen this week, since Smith actually had a good game and Roosevelt could be healthy. Wouldn't surprise me to see them slot him in to a prominent role in a little while, neither of those guys are too special. If only Naaman possessed Smiff's athleticism.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:17 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
HELPPPPPP...please.

Pick 1:

Cam Newton
Tim Tebow

Arian Foster
Matt Forte
Chris Johnson

Kevin Smith (Dou)

Steve Smith
Victor Cruz (Que)
Brandon Marshall
Antonio Brown
Michael Crabtree

Pick 1: 1PPR

Fred Davis
Kellen Winslow

Pick 1 FLEX from players not picked.

Thanks geezers!!!
Kind of an easy one, tbh. Cruz is the wildcard since you hate to bench him if healthy going against one of the most favorable WR matchups in all of fantasy football. But you're not likely to have the option of waiting on Cruz's active status since he's the 4pm game and the guys you would start in his place are all 1pm.

Old 12-01-2011, 03:20 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Yeah, there hasn't been much said about Hagan since we got him. Still learning the offense, I suppose, but I was surprised that he wasn't in last week with Roosevelt out. Not sure what will happen this week, since Smith actually had a good game and Roosevelt could be healthy. Wouldn't surprise me to see them slot him in to a prominent role in a little while, neither of those guys are too special. If only Naaman possessed Smiff's athleticism.
I was suprised the Raiders let him go in order to add Housh. Understandable that they'd want a guy Carson is familiar with, but still a downgrade, imo. I would have liked to see him signed by NE but apparently the FO preferred Tiquan ******* Underwood. smh.

Old 12-01-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Kind of an easy one, tbh. Cruz is the wildcard since you hate to bench him if healthy going against one of the most favorable WR matchups in all of fantasy football. But you're not likely to have the option of waiting on Cruz's active status since he's the 4pm game and the guys you would start in his place are all 1pm.
It'll be really hard to bench Cruz, i am playing against the no1 seed, and Marshall and Smith have not been as consistent as Cruz the past few weeks. I really need the best lineup possible.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:50 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
It'll be really hard to bench Cruz, i am playing against the no1 seed, and Marshall and Smith have not been as consistent as Cruz the past few weeks. I really need the best lineup possible.
I completely agree. But, if he ends up being a game time decision, can you afford to sit on it and start Crabtree over Smith or Marshall? Perhaps adding Barden as insurance will help, but I'd much rather have Smith or Marshall in over Crabs or Barden.

IDK, right now it's looking like Cruz was just getting some rest and should be good to go. Who to bench (Smith / Marshall) is tough. Marshall has been more consistent lately but Smith is the guy who can easily post 150 and a pair of scores.

Old 12-01-2011, 04:19 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pick 4(1 TE & 1 RB) Non PPR
C. Spiller vs Ten
T. Gerhart vs Den
B. Jacobs vs GB
J. Finley @NYG
A. Gates @ Jac
M. Williams(TB) vs Car
E. Decker @ Min

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:18 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Pick 4(1 TE & 1 RB) Non PPR
C. Spiller vs Ten
T. Gerhart vs Den
B. Jacobs vs GB
J. Finley @NYG
A. Gates @ Jac
M. Williams(TB) vs Car
E. Decker @ Min
Jacobs & Gates are the easy ones. Bradshaw might play but I can't imagine he'll see anything more than a light workload.

I like Williams this week, but I'd probably roll with Gerhart and Finley if you can play 2 TEs. Finley has a great matchup, so I could even see him as the better play vs. Gates but it's too tough to rely on Finley getting the targets each week.

Jacobs / Gerhart / Gates / Finley

Old 12-02-2011, 09:23 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

This week, in Newbie News . . .

The new $$$ league I joined this year (totally randomly) has some serious n00bs. Two roster moves this week that made me lol (and post waiver claims with my remaining $8.)

1. Guy drops Deangelo Williams to add Roy Helu. Not a bad move by itself . . . until you look at the guy's roster and see Early Doucet and Michael Jenkins still sitting there. Jenkins is even on IR.

2. Guy drops Jeremy Maclin for Deion Branch. Again, not a terrible move by itself . . . until you look at this guy's roster and find Nate Burleson.

Claims in dropping Jackie MF Battle for Williams and dropping Vernon Davis for Maclin. Williams would be an immediate start in my flex with a ridiculous matchup vs. Tampa this week. I'm currently starting Torrey Smith in that spot.

Old 12-02-2011, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** you Vince Young. This is going to be the week that Rivers has a great game. It is my luck.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:05 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
**** you Vince Young. This is going to be the week that Rivers has a great game. It is my luck.
Yeah, that was pretty pathetic. Sorry man.

VY wasn't good last night, but holy **** he couldn't have had less help. Philly just can't get out of its own way.

Old 12-02-2011, 10:30 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shady had an awesome night but Djax is killing me i should've benched his ass.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:35 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Shady had an awesome night but Djax is killing me i should've benched his ass.
I would have considered it but didn't have a better option.

I have one league w/pats fans on here where I started Shady and Beast Mode. 53.5 points . . . hahahahaa!

Old 12-02-2011, 12:24 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should I pick up Bronco's D going against Minny?

I don't have faith in Houston going against ATL could be a high scoring game.

Old 12-02-2011, 12:38 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Should I pick up Bronco's D going against Minny?

I don't have faith in Houston going against ATL could be a high scoring game.
Tough to trust either of them, but Denver is hot and Minnesota is a fantastic matchup for DSTs. I recommended them a page or two ago with the note that, in last week's game, Harvin had a 100+ yard but was taken down at the 3 or 4 yard line. The Viking proceeded to turn the ball over on downs. ATL scares me a whole lot more than MIN.

Old 12-02-2011, 12:47 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Yeah that's what I'm going to do I picked them up and hope they can plan their defense around Harvin which shouldn't be too hard to contain hopefully. Von Miller has been playing lights out so that should ease my mind.

Old 12-03-2011, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Which 2 guys do I start?

Kevin Smith vs NO
Torrey Smith vs Cle
Stevie Johnson vs Ten
Roddy White vs Houston
Nate Washington vs Buf
Ahmad Bradshaw vs GB
or
Mike Williams(TB) vs CAR

Last edited by Complex : 12-03-2011 at 08:37 PM.
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:28 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reggie Wayne @ NE
or
Stevie Johnson vs Ten

Old 12-04-2011, 08:07 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who should I start?

Eli or Ryan?

Pick two - MJD, Sproles, DeAngelo Williams, Reggie Bush.

Will rape you with rep.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:29 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Eli, MJD & Sproles

Quote:
Reggie Wayne @ NE
or
Stevie Johnson vs Ten
and pick 4 (.5 PPR)
R Helu vs NYJ
V Cruz vs GB
L Robinson @AZ
D Bryant @ AZ
A Johnson vs ATL

Old 12-04-2011, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Quote:
Eli, MJD & Sproles

and pick 4 (.5 PPR)
R Helu vs NYJ
V Cruz vs GB
L Robinson @AZ
D Bryant @ AZ
A Johnson vs ATL
You know a team has QB problems when your having to decide between Andre Johnson and Roy Helu!

I would probably sit Bryant, i would take a chance on Robinson stealing Bryant's production, and hope for Helu to get a ton of catches and a sneaky TD.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

REALLY cant decide between Steve Smith and Brandon Marshall :S

Its 1PPR, and i have Cam starting at QB. Any advice???
Old 12-04-2011, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nate Burleson or Donald Brown for a flex?

Edit:

Pick two running backs:

Helu vs NYJ
Greene vs Washington
Ingram vs Detroit

Leaning towards Helu and Greene

Last edited by Hines : 12-04-2011 at 10:49 AM.
Hines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikings D against the Broncos or Broncos D against the Vikings?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote