Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-05-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Gotitansfreak10

they just said on nfl live asante demands a trade. same situation as lance briggs.

if the pats do trade him where do you think he will go
Old 04-05-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotitansfreak10 View Post
they just said on nfl live asante demands a trade. same situation as lance briggs.

if the pats do trade him where do you think he will go
Has to be an NFC team. Although I can see this dragging out longer than the Chicago situation.

If I were the Giants....I don't know if it would be a crazy idea of trading our 1st for Samuel. Hmm...

Dont kill me for the idea, its just a thought right now.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ead.php?t=5709
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 04:42 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If either one get moved, I think it will have to be before or possibly during the draft. What if the Patriots and Bears swapped Samuel for Briggs. Bears do need some CB help and the Patriots would have the best OLB duo in the league with Briggs and Thomas.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
If either one get moved, I think it will have to be before or possibly during the draft. What if the Patriots and Bears swapped Samuel for Briggs. Bears do need some CB help and the Patriots would have the best OLB duo in the league with Briggs and Thomas.
could they afford that though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 04:47 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
Umm...you do understand that Briggs does not fit in the 3-4, nor does Samuels fit in the Cover 2?

Its like me trading american power tools for metric system power tools, even though I own an american car, and the guy I trade with has a japanese car. It makes no sense at all.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:52 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like the same situation as Deion Branch last year. The Pats don't cave to players posturing, so he will probably either sign, or be traded for fair value. I personally think he has become terribly over-rated, and that getting a 1st for him would be a huge coup for the Pats, even more than the Branch deal.
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Whatever, if he brings us another #1 or more I am OK with it. I am sure there will be some OK June 1st cuts we can bring in, we can draft a safety early and move Eugene Wilson to corner. I'd feel much better going into the season with more proven corners, but Ellis Hobbs was OUTSTANDING last year and should continue to improve, and they can draft Revis, Ross, Hall, etc in the first too...
Old 04-05-2007, 05:52 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only team I could see possibly trading a first rounder for Samuel in this draft is New Orleans, but that would have to be a draft day trade in the event that a trade up fails and all the top tier CBs are gone (hall, revis, houston, and ross)
Old 04-05-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont know how much cap room the cards have left but i would like them to grab samuel if thomas isnt there at 5, posted this trade idea in the other thread

Cardinals
3rd round pick

Patriots
Asante Samuel

the cardinals could then grab Staley with the 28th pick and a wlb in the 2nd

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think hes worth a 2nd rounder, isnt he like 26 now?

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
Amari Cooper or Melvin Gordon Please
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Has to be an NFC team. Although I can see this dragging out longer than the Chicago situation.

If I were the Giants....I don't know if it would be a crazy idea of trading our 1st for Samuel. Hmm...

Dont kill me for the idea, its just a thought right now.
I'd do it, pending a long term deal though. I stated back before he was franchised that I would sacrifice a lot for him which would likely be the 1st rd pick of course, Amani would likely have to be cut after 2007, and we'd have to give him roughly $7-$8 million per year, if not more. A shutdown CB that can play man to man would do wonders for our defense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:01 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Umm...you do understand that Briggs does not fit in the 3-4, nor does Samuels fit in the Cover 2?

Its like me trading american power tools for metric system power tools, even though I own an american car, and the guy I trade with has a japanese car. It makes no sense at all.
I feel your pain BBD, some poster was arguing with me in the team discussion thread about how Ravens' players would fare in a Cover 2 defense even though we don't nor want to run the Cover 2.

I still think that the Briggs to Washington trade is the most likely conclusion for Lance but as for Samuel, I don't see this trade demand holding much weight for the sheer fact that I'm sure the Patriots realize that he is an upcoming corner and is worth the long term contract. Samuel is posturing and some teams will discuss some offers with the Patriots but unless its something mind blowing I don't see them trading Asante.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:10 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
i think hes worth a 2nd rounder, isnt he like 26 now?
I believe he is 26, yes. Still fairly young, and is a great corner.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:13 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
i dont know how much cap room the cards have left but i would like them to grab samuel if thomas isnt there at 5, posted this trade idea in the other thread

Cardinals
3rd round pick

Patriots
Asante Samuel

the cardinals could then grab Staley with the 28th pick and a wlb in the 2nd
Thats overpaying by the Cards

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
I'd do it, pending a long term deal though. I stated back before he was franchised that I would sacrifice a lot for him which would likely be the 1st rd pick of course, Amani would likely have to be cut after 2007, and we'd have to give him roughly $7-$8 million per year, if not more. A shutdown CB that can play man to man would do wonders for our defense.
couldn't aggre more
________
WHAT IS IOLITE VAPORIZER

Last edited by OSUGiants17 : 05-10-2011 at 08:38 PM.
OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Samuel is 10 times the player anyone in the draft is, or IMO projects to be.

What will the pats ask for though, I mean they wanted 2 first rounders for a a guy who's not in the top10 as a receiver.

Pats with 3 first round picks... Not fun.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 07:09 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Samuel is 10 times the player anyone in the draft is, or IMO projects to be.

What will the pats ask for though, I mean they wanted 2 first rounders for a a guy who's not in the top10 as a receiver.

I'm assuming you meant 10 times the corner... because, if you didn't, you're going to look like a jackass real soon.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

He is overrated.
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 07:16 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Oh I'd think the Patriots' fans and front office would be having tons of fun with 3 1st round picks.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 04-05-2007, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Oh I'd think the Patriots' fans and front office would be having tons of fun with 3 1st round picks.
Oh man, yes we would. If we walked out with Patrick Willis, Aaron Ross and Michael Griffen/Brandon Meriweather... oh my...
Old 04-05-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Oh man, yes we would. If we walked out with Patrick Willis, Aaron Ross and Michael Griffen/Brandon Meriweather... oh my...
See there's one person who would be happy if the Pats had 3 1st round picks. Your honor I rest my case. :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-05-2007, 08:48 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think he would merit a 1st rounder. he is 26 and had a great year. of course he'll have a deal before he gets traded.

Quote:
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

a Briggs for Samuel trade? :)
Old 04-05-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default hmmm

I think Asante is definitely worth a mid-high first round pick. He played at a pretty high level last year, it will be interesting to see where he goes and if he can continue playing at that level.

I have no idea where he would go, hopefully not to Denver lol...

PS - Would NE trade Asante for Bly [who was apparently unhappy in Denver]? Not sure which corner would be worth more, prolly Asante by a bit...

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote