Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 12-01-2011, 10:15 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

See now in the USC game played damn near perfect. Only 2 plays i counted where he shed the block but didn't make the tackle. 1 wrong read, and 2 was taken out by a block.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm wondering how much of the inconsistencies might be related to coaching. Like my Buckeyes... Normally a very good tackling team and a team with overall good talent level, this year goes 6-6 and can't make a damn tackle. Not trying to rip Fick but yea...

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:46 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This guy is going to be one of the biggest busts of the past 10 years if someone picks him in the top 20.

I can't wait to bump this thread 2-3 years from now after this guy is being cut from the team that drafted him.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
This guy is going to be one of the biggest busts of the past 10 years if someone picks him in the top 20.

I can't wait to bump this thread 2-3 years from now after this guy is being cut from the team that drafted him.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 12-01-2011, 01:56 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt that he will be that big of a bust, largely because he has regressed so much this year. He might sneak into the 2nd round, but his reputation as a discipline problem is really going to kill him.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
I doubt that he will be that big of a bust, largely because he has regressed so much this year. He might sneak into the 2nd round, but his reputation as a discipline problem is really going to kill him.

J
We can finally agree on something, I believe that he will slip. I still think that a team (please god please) like the Ravens won't let him fall out of the first round, I just think that he is that talented and he certainly has a great deal of upside.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 12-01-2011, 04:39 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
We can finally agree on something, I believe that he will slip. I still think that a team (please god please) like the Ravens won't let him fall out of the first round, I just think that he is that talented and he certainly has a great deal of upside.
I'm a Burfict fan, but I'm not sure I'd spend a 1st on him.

Right now hes a 2nd rounder. I'd trade down and get some extra picks.
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
He does wrap up. And does take his shots like most guys do as well. Good at attacking the line as well.

Decent in coverage, and sometimes over runs the play.

I don't see how he doesn't go in round 1.
From what I've seen I'd be happy with the Panthers taking him at the top of round 2.
Miaoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:46 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
When a player refuses to go into a game, that is a BIG red flag. I do not think anyone sees him as 1st day anymore. He is going to have to kill his interviews, and that is not something I expect will come easily. Add that to his position shortcomings, and the Ravens might get him in round 2.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Flaming Mo
Rookie

Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flaming Mo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing with Burfict is that some of the things that will downgrade him in certain teams' eyes will make him look even better for others.

Think about it, how would Rex Ryan like to have a guy like him taking over for Bart Scott in a year?! He embodies the statement "play like your hair is on fire" or "playing like a Jet" - constants in Ryan's idea of his players. He was never shy about taking on guys with questionable attitudes and he loves violent players with a certain attitude about them. Burfict with his temper would be a great complement to the more quiet, workman like David Harris.

I could see the same with Ravens where they got extremely strong leadership on the defense which will keep Burfict in check and they got a position opening up in the near future. They value violence and attitude on their team and they will overlook the red flags and believe that they can turn out the positive, the great in a talent like Burfict.
Flaming Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
When a player refuses to go into a game, that is a BIG red flag. I do not think anyone sees him as 1st day anymore. He is going to have to kill his interviews, and that is not something I expect will come easily. Add that to his position shortcomings, and the Ravens might get him in round 2.

J
I am not aware of him refusing to go in the game so I can't comment on it. I agree that it is a red flag. I just wonder how much of this year has been a result of coaching, I don't know why he refused to go into a game but I might assume it had to do with the coach, who is now fired despite having a fairly talented team.

Again, I think that he slips, I don't know if its out of the first round, again, because of his talent level and upside. We can agree to the fact that concerns about character will cause him to slip a bit. However at some point, a team will pull the trigger based on talent. There is a point where value outweighs risk.

For example, a team at the bottom of round one looking for an ILB, do you take Hightower? or Burfict? Hightower is an early-mid 2nd rounder on talent, Burfict is a top 15. Do you reach for a guy to address a position or do you take the risk that a very talented player can be reigned in a bit?

It's not unheard of for guys to turn around when drafted to the right team. Meanwhile, how many guys that get drafted as reaches at the bottom of the first just don't turn out? I believe there is a thread on it right now.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote: