Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-02-2011, 01:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Any information on possible destinations for Monta' Ellis?
New York Knicks. :)
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:47 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's this trade with Orlando that NOLA could do:
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6r5drr7

Add in one or two 1st round draft picks from Orlando and I'd do that deal.

Then if I'm NOLA I'm pursuing Kris Humphries and Thad Young hardcore. Also, I'd be looking to deal Ariza for anything in return.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:00 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one who gets kinda bored with the constant FA speculation? I mean there are actual games that are going to be played this year.

What's everyone's finals predictions? I've got Heat over Thunder in 6.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:13 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

guys you're overlooking that if the Nets bring back Bostjan Nachbar, they're the front runner to land any other FA and are the most desirable place to play
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:47 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Am I the only one who gets kinda bored with the constant FA speculation? I mean there are actual games that are going to be played this year.

I really hope you're wrong. And if you aren't, i'm gonna come back and murder you.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:53 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, until the free agency period is over, there's no real sense in talking about the games because most teams have gaping holes to fill on their rosters.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:55 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
There's this trade with Orlando that NOLA could do:
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6r5drr7

Add in one or two 1st round draft picks from Orlando and I'd do that deal.

Then if I'm NOLA I'm pursuing Kris Humphries and Thad Young hardcore. Also, I'd be looking to deal Ariza for anything in return.
That's got to be the worst possible outcome for the Hornets. Mostly because I think Jameer Nelson is a useless player.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

No way the Thunder make the finals when Westbrook is prone to selfish dick mode in the playoffs.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:04 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Yeah cause if NOR decides Orlando has more to offer and sends him there, then I'm sure Chris Paul will be sooo ****** pissed that he's playing with Dwight Howard that he'll leave as soon as his contract is over. Cause that just sucks to be him. LOLZ!
You do know that Orlando has to agree to the trade too, right? Because if they can't be reasonably sure that he or Dwight will sign with them, they'd probably take their offer off the table.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:28 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm just saying your beliefs are a little closed minded.
I just found this hilarious.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I just found this hilarious.
Care to explain or is that just another Metsox jabber special?
Old 12-02-2011, 06:30 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Jabber special.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
You do know that Orlando has to agree to the trade too, right? Because if they can't be reasonably sure that he or Dwight will sign with them, they'd probably take their offer off the table.
Pretty sure Orlando won't turn down any offer that includes Chris Paul... even at the risk that both leave. Which sounds very weird but ok.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:06 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You can believe what you want to believe. I'm just saying your beliefs are a little closed minded.
I'm absolutely open to the possibility that Chris Paul will change his tune and accept a deal elsewhere.

But the fact is, NOTHING has happened or been said to suggest that he's willing to sign an extension ANYWHERE but New York. Just like Melo (and how did that turn out? NYK "had no assets" and still got him). So my closemindedness is based on actual reports...
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:17 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I'm absolutely open to the possibility that Chris Paul will change his tune and accept a deal elsewhere.

But the fact is, NOTHING has happened or been said to suggest that he's willing to sign an extension ANYWHERE but New York. Just like Melo (and how did that turn out? NYK "had no assets" and still got him). So my closemindedness is based on actual reports...
NYK had more assets than they do now. Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari, Raymond Felton, etc, and a **** ton of draft picks were a lot better assets to offer Denver than Billups, Douglas, Fields, Turiaf are now

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-02-2011, 07:20 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, the crap deal NY can put together right now isn't worth taking even provided that NO could lose him for nothing. I'd rather keep him for the whole year and try to make one last run with him/try to grab some pieces at the deadline and do all you can do to make him change his mind. What do you have to lose? An expiring contract and Rony ******* Turiaf? Please.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:21 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Well, until the free agency period is over, there's no real sense in talking about the games because most teams have gaping holes to fill on their rosters.
This FA class isn't going to make a big impact. There is almost no one out there. Marc Gasol is the cream of the crop and there is a 95% chance he's staying put.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Honestly, the crap deal NY can put together right now isn't worth taking even provided that NO could lose him for nothing. I'd rather keep him for the whole year and try to make one last run with him/try to grab some pieces at the deadline and do all you can do to make him change his mind. What do you have to lose? An expiring contract and Rony ******* Turiaf? Please.
Do the Knicks have any first round picks in the next 50 years?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:25 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Do the Knicks have any first round picks in the next 50 years?
I know you're being facetious but the only 1st rounder they can offer are past 2018

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-02-2011, 07:33 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the question remains, is Chris Paul willing to do that? Play out the season? Based on his agent already leaking something to Wojo, I'd say probably not...

But it's possible. In that case, he'd likely be a Knick next summer.

The possibility being dismissed is that Billups' contract has value to a third team maybe trying to unload a guy like Josh Smith, who has talent, but has worn out his welcome...
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:37 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt the Knicks can trade for him. But if he really really wants to play for NY like he claims, he'll wait til FA and sign here.

That's all there is to it. I think in the meantime, he'll try to cook up some kind of sign/trade where him and Dwight can both go somewhere, if that doesn't happen, then he'll probably just sign with the Knicks in the offseason.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:37 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even as a Knicks fan I just find this whole argument sad.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:46 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel guilty. It's not right that these players are doing this.

They shouldn't be allowed to do this.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:46 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

As a somewhat Hornets fan I'd rather deal CP3 and get something for him than play the season out and get nothing for him. That being said I don't think I'd take the Knicks offer although it offers a good deal of cap space seeing as the Hornets don't have an owner to give the team a direction

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-02-2011, 08:10 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Quote:
This FA class isn't going to make a big impact. There is almost no one out there. Marc Gasol is the cream of the crop and there is a 95% chance he's staying put.
There aren't any stars, but nearly every contending team has major needs in free agency that they must address in order to win a title.