Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-02-2011, 09:59 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
guys you're overlooking that if the Nets bring back Bostjan Nachbar, they're the front runner to land any other FA and are the most desirable place to play
Sorry Scotty the Knicks are also interested in Nachbar.

In his NBA return, ex-Net Boki Nachbar is drawing interest from EC teams, incl. Nets, Knicks and Celtics. Would be good fit for all 3.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I'm absolutely open to the possibility that Chris Paul will change his tune and accept a deal elsewhere.

But the fact is, NOTHING has happened or been said to suggest that he's willing to sign an extension ANYWHERE but New York. Just like Melo (and how did that turn out? NYK "had no assets" and still got him). So my closemindedness is based on actual reports...
My bad. I didn't know reality was based on actual online reports.

...and even if it were... you must have missed the article about Paul reaching out to Howard to see if something can be worked out where they could play together. *shrugs*

"Paul has reached out to Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard(notes) recently, encouraging Howard to find a way for the two to play together"

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...a_trade_120111
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:07 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
My bad. I didn't know reality was based on actual online reports.

...and even if it were... you must have missed the article about Paul reaching out to Howard to see if something can be worked out where they could play together. *shrugs*

"Paul has reached out to Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard(notes) recently, encouraging Howard to find a way for the two to play together"

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...a_trade_120111
I understand your point and I agree with you that it isn't set in stone that he goes to NY and that they its possible for Paul to team with Howard.

However I find it funny you use an article with Paul requests trade to NY headline as the article to prove your point.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I doubt the Knicks can trade for him. But if he really really wants to play for NY like he claims, he'll wait til FA and sign here.

That's all there is to it. I think in the meantime, he'll try to cook up some kind of sign/trade where him and Dwight can both go somewhere, if that doesn't happen, then he'll probably just sign with the Knicks in the offseason.
If Paul waits for FA he'll lose out on $30M dollars. Same for Howard. If they aren't traded before the Trade Deadline then their Bird Rights are expired and the most they can sign with a team for is 4 years, $80M versus 5 years, $110M.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...ed_By_Deadline

Plus, the Knicks won't be under the cap by $20M to afford him anyways. So I don't know about that idea.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
I understand your point and I agree with you that it isn't set in stone that he goes to NY and that they its possible for Paul to team with Howard.

However I find it funny you use an article with Paul requests trade to NY headline as the article to prove your point.
Well that's article is a couple days old and the media reports are changing like a tornado in the wind. But the fact remains that Paul reached out and that is irrelevant to the original message.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:15 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I feel guilty. It's not right that these players are doing this.

They shouldn't be allowed to do this.
Why the hell not? The Hornets had six years to build a team for Paul, the Magic seven for Howard. If they want to go somewhere, where they'll compete for championships on a regular basis, what's wrong with that? They've earned that. They've paid their dues.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
This FA class isn't going to make a big impact. There is almost no one out there. Marc Gasol is the cream of the crop and there is a 95% chance he's staying put.
It really is going to be important for the Magic.

I know I'm an Otis apologist and a SVG hater.... but...

I hear how everyone bashed Otis for the Washington trade and the Suns trade, but Otis could end up looking the genius.

In the Suns trade, he exchanged Vince for J-Rich. Both were expiring contracts, but there's no doubt that Richardson's value exceeds Carters. Along with that, Otis has the Bird Rights to J-Rich this summer and that means Orlando can go over the cap to sign him. Money won't be an issue if J-Rich wants to stay and all signs point to him wanting to stay.

I hear Magic fans saying, "Don't resign J-Rich because he'll take up too much cap room for us to sign a max player next summer." But in Otis' most recent interview with Orlando columnist John Denton, one thing you hear is that Otis is making Richardson his top priority to re-sign.

It may not be obvious to all, but it's damn obvious to me... that Otis is trying to keep Richardson in order to make the trade package to New Orleans all the more attractive. Yes, a package of Nelson, Bass, Redick or Anderson isn't all that enticing. But if you throw in Richardson who is one of the Top Players in this year's FA class, then all of a sudden you easily trump any offer NY can give. Add future picks and the deal is sweet as sugar.

Had Otis kept Vince, that possibility is out the window. Otis is a genius folks. Watch him work his "Magic". I'm calling it now. You can call me Mrs. Cleo when this all unfolds.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:19 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Well that's article is a couple days old and the media reports are changing like a tornado in the wind. But the fact remains that Paul reached out and that is irrelevant to the original message.
Ya there are reports out there about Paul reaching out to Howard. However I can give you endless amount of reports from the original toast story to now. Reports really don't mean anything especially when they come from CAA.

They create stories just to deny them. Like how the New York Times and New Orleans paper are now denying any trade request even happened. CAA likes to do these drama's with their clients to get them to the situations they want. This is just the start for them to get Paul out and to try to make him look like less of a jerk in the process.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:21 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Richardson is re-signed, he can't be traded for half a season, no?
Old 12-02-2011, 10:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
If Richardson is re-signed, he can't be traded for half a season, no?
In the old CBA, there was a trade restriction until December. Not sure about the new one. Find out.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Ya there are reports out there about Paul reaching out to Howard. However I can give you endless amount of reports from the original toast story to now. Reports really don't mean anything especially when they come from CAA.

They create stories just to deny them. Like how the New York Times and New Orleans paper are now denying any trade request even happened. CAA likes to do these drama's with their clients to get them to the situations they want. This is just the start for them to get Paul out and to try to make him look like less of a jerk in the process.
I'm not the one preaching that the stories are an indication of reality. That was gnpcp.

The only point I was making was that Paul reached out to Howard and that NY isn't the "ONLY" place he would accept playing for.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Found out... it's three months following the signing of the contract or December 15. Which ever is the later. Which in this case would be 3 months from the time Richardson signed.

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/nba-colle...#ixzz1fRGcLlmf

Now when is the damn Trade Deadline date???
Old 12-02-2011, 10:31 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'm not the one preaching that the stories are an indication of reality. That was gnpcp.

The only point I was making was that Paul reached out to Howard and that NY isn't the "ONLY" place he would accept playing for.
Gnpcp is a Knick fan and he is excited about the possibility of it actually happening give him a break lol.

Neither one of us has any real clue how true either Paul and Howard talking about teaming is. Nor do we know if Paul's agent actually did request a deal to NY.

I would lean towards Paul wanting to be a Knick. However as a Knick fan I know pulling off this one might be harder then getting Stat and Melo was.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:34 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What would the Knicks give up for CP3 though? If Boston is serious about it and willing to throw Rondo in the deal that's a no brainer and the easiest to accomplish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:37 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
What would the Knicks give up for CP3 though? If Boston is serious about it and willing to throw Rondo in the deal that's a no brainer and the easiest to accomplish.
Well going on the past precedence of the Carmelo trade.

Chauncey
Landry Fields
Toney Douglas
Iman Shumpert
Ronny Turiaf
2018 1st rd pick
2020 1st rd pick
Jerome Jordan
and w/e fa they sign who is playing the best at the deadline.

Last edited by LTgiants : 12-02-2011 at 10:56 PM.
LTgiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:38 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Except Boston won't do that deal unless Paul agrees to an extension, and he has already said he isn't going to.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:48 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
No way the Thunder make the finals when Westbrook is prone to selfish dick mode in the playoffs.

He's 23. You really think he's a lost cause already?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:51 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Plus Harden is going to be running the point from now on, so say we all

or hell what about CP3 to the Thunder, Westbrook + whatever for him

Paul Harden Durant Ibaka Perkins - Collison

Last edited by fenikz : 12-02-2011 at 10:53 PM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't see Paul going to a crap city like Orlando or OKC. I really don't, even if it meant playing with Durant or Dwight. I could see Paul accepting a trade to the Clippers to go play with Blake. I could see him accepting a trade to Boston, although it looks like the Celts won't part with Rondo. He would certainly play in NY. Other than that, I can't think of too many teams that would excite Paul and be a fit.

Basically, I think the signs point to this: Paul wants to play in NY really, really badly and it is his unquestioned top destination. Assuming he won't screw over New Orleans, he is going to have to sacrifice around 30 million bucks to do that. The question is if he is willing to do that. I tend to say no because it is insane to leave that dough on the table, but I also don't have millions upon millions sitting in my bank account.

Assuming he chooses not to force NO hand and smartly rejects the Knicks, it is a complete guessing game as to where he will end up. I just don't think it is going to be Orlando or OKC, Paul wants a big city. I think Dwight does too.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:27 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I'm sure the Knicks can find a way to make him more marketable in New York, and have him make more money that way as well.

I just really think that players are starting to become a little less selfless in that sense, that they're willing to make less money (although still making 8 digits) to be successful and live in a nice city. At the end of the day, Paul will end up with the Knicks, whether it be trade or FA.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:04 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CP3 is going to end up in NYC...plain and simple. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just being silly right now. He has made it clear as to where he wants to be and I dont see that changing anytime soon. Whether it be by trade of FA its going to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 01:05 AM    (permalink
bolts2388
Rookie

bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Barnes: "Dwight told me he wants to be a Laker."
Quote:
While Kupchak remained guarded with his answers, Lakers forward Matt Barnes was much more open when asked about the rumors surrounding his former teammate Howard.

"You know, I've been hearing Dwight. I've been hearing Baron [Davis]. I've been hearing stuff a lot lately," Barnes said. "I've talked to both of those guys and they want to be here, so we'll see what happens."
Old 12-03-2011, 01:12 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Would Dwight be willing to play for the MLE? Cause Orlando doesn't have to trade him there and re-live the Shaq story all over again. In fact, I think the Magic owner, Rich Devos would have to die before he spoon fed LA another 3 championships.

Old 12-03-2011, 01:21 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Would Dwight be willing to play for the MLE? Cause Orlando doesn't have to trade him there and re-live the Shaq story all over again. In fact, I think the Magic owner, Rich Devos would have to die before he spoon fed LA another 3 championships.

The Magic would accept a deal consisting of Bynum and Pau...you know that right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 02:32 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
The Magic would accept a deal consisting of Bynum and Pau...you know that right?
Doubt it, but that would be interesting.