Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 11-22-2011, 08:00 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
I don't think we'll have a shot at Morris Claiborne

But I'm looking at Dre Kirkpatrick or Alfonzo Dennard would like them.

At LB Luke Kuechly, Ronnell Lewis, Kevin Reddick and Zach Brown
Kuechly reminds me of Barrett Ruud, so no. Kevin Reddick in the 2nd or 3rd round, yes. Would love to have him, but we have a ton of holes to fill, we need both Draft and FA.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 11:51 PM    (permalink
impactplayerx47
Rookie

impactplayerx47 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What up everybody! Been a rough year out here :/

I think our number one need and priority heading into the off season is going to be to improve the talent around Josh Freeman. Blount has been effective when given an opportunity but our passing game has been painful to watch. Do ANY of the players in our WR/TE core know how to get separation? This offense DESPERATELY needs a playmaker. Who in the world is scaring defenses? With that being said I also think corner and safety are big needs. I'm a big Morris Claiborne fan as well...think he'd be a great player for us. How do you guys feel about Tyrann Mathieu? I'm a BIG fan of that kid's game .....neways. I think we need a play maker and we need one NOW, we've GOT to get after it.... I was begggiinnngg for us to add an element to the offense in the off season ..but I think we either need ot get a true number one WR, or really find an explosive RB or kind of "flex" player (Hester, Sproles, Bush type of players).

And what the hell is up with our LBs?? Mason Foster played really well in the first month or so of the season..I'm not sure I've seen him once on the field since, and did Hayes and Black even return from the lockout? I know Geno is the one riding the pine..but how come Quincy Black isn't getting any heat? He's been HORRIBLE. I guess we'll see how things shake out....
impactplayerx47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope we keep playing like we are. That would mean a top 5 pick and a new coaching staff.

Gimme Morris Claiborne, Justin Blackmon, or Michael Floyd. So much film to watch on youtube nowadays, just awesome.
Old 12-24-2011, 01:47 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we pick 4th or 5th and Luck, Kaill and Claiborne go 1,2,3 what do we do?

I say draft Trent Richardson. Always take the BPA
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We will likely move to 4 or 5 with JAX/CLE/MIN having winnable games. I think Robert Griffin goes top 3 after his (hopefully huge) bowl game with a trade involved. Kalil should go top 3, so that narrows it down to Claiborne vs Blackmon.

Worst case is we pick 6th or below. Kirkpatrick would fit the need but he's not likely to be BPA. Like bigbuc said Richardson could be and even though he's not a big need, I would be ok with BPA. It gives us 2 dynamic RBs and Richardson would make a good shotgun back which we dont have.
Old 12-24-2011, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Morris Claiborne has to be the pick I think. Talib is a huge ??? which hopefully will be resolved before the draft, but even then, Barber is a probably retiring this off-season and EJ Biggers & co are not starters in the NFL at this stage.

If he is gone which is certainly possible, I'm not sure what we would do at the moment. Hopefully post season workouts, film analysis and the combine sort things out a little better. Maybe an elite weapon for Freeman would help?

Last edited by Caddy : 12-24-2011 at 08:24 PM.
Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:05 PM    (permalink
SpinaMan
Rookie

SpinaMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SpinaMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think we have the 4th pick right now. I'm thinking Claiborne from LSU and picking up Asante Samuel in FA or no?
Old 01-02-2012, 03:59 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We might have the fifth pick, pending a coin flip!

Last edited by Caddy : 01-02-2012 at 04:06 AM.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:25 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
We might have the fifth pick, pending a coin flip!
We do have the 5th pick, it's official.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the firing of Morris and the dismissal of the entire coaching staff, draft speculation is pretty much pointless. New coaches might mean new schemes.

The only thing I'm relatively certain about is the fact that we're going to be sticking with the 4-3, since we've spent too many picks on 4-3 linemen to warrant switching to the 3-4.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
With the firing of Morris and the dismissal of the entire coaching staff, draft speculation is pretty much pointless. New coaches might mean new schemes.

The only thing I'm relatively certain about is the fact that we're going to be sticking with the 4-3, since we've spent too many picks on 4-3 linemen to warrant switching to the 3-4.
Entirely possible. Although I think one need that will remain is corner back. For all we know a new coach could kick Talib off the team immediately and we do not want EJ 'Touchdown' Biggers starting again.

Old 01-02-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
impactplayerx47
Rookie

Ej Biggers REALLY played poorly this season. Our offense really needs to help Freeman out..and we really need a game changer in the worst way. At 5 I'm thinking Claiborne, Richardson, or Blackmon. I think we need to get Free weapons..just not sure of the impact of a WR... b.t.w I'm SO done with Benn....did he make a play this season? I dunno if I see a game breaker at the position that can come in and contribugte and really make a difference as a rookie (yeah, I'm greedy lol) ...but I think Trent Richardson could come in and REALLY change our offense. I like Blount..and I don't. Think the guy is ineffective..if anything we should have ran waayy more...but he's no Richardson...and we've GOT to get a player on offense who scares people. I think it'll really help Mike Williams out too ...oh and I KNOW I defended Kellen Winslow last season..but the guy hit the wall man...he got NO seperation this season...hope Luke Stocker is ready to put his big boy shoes on...were gonna need him.

Neways....I say Claiborne or Richardson in 1....a lot of ppl I've spoken to think Lamichael James falls into the 2nd... id be STOKED if we could land him in 2..and then take Claiborne in 1..think he'd be a great compliment to Blount..give us a nice Orgeon backfield...what cha'll thinkin' out there?
Old 01-02-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Trent Richardson. We did this years ago... We had Caddy and passed on AP for Adams.

Basketball team the Blazers once passed on Jordan for Bowie, years later had another shot at it and passed on Durant for Oden.

Lets not be the Blazers of the NFL.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
impactplayerx47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
I want Trent Richardson. We did this years ago... We had Caddy and passed on AP for Adams.

Basketball team the Blazers once passed on Jordan for Bowie, years later had another shot at it and passed on Durant for Oden.

Lets not be the Blazers of the NFL.
Kind of my train of thought man...I remember SCCOOOFFFIINNNGG at the thought of drafting AP cuz we had Caddy...but man, can't do it again. Again, if we can land James in 2..then don't go with Trent...but I think we have to address the position early.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:58 PM    (permalink
SpinaMan
Rookie

SpinaMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SpinaMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Justin blackmon please. He is balling right now
Old 01-02-2012, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

At this stage I'm going to be very happy with whoever we draft. The team is lacking talent all over the park and adding the best player available, regardless of position is what we should look at doing.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Bucs147
Rookie

Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

(1. Andrew Luck)
2. Morris Claiborne
3. Justin Blackmon
4. Matt Kalil
5. Trent Richardson
Bucs147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinaMan View Post
Justin blackmon please. He is balling right now
Yeah, but would you take him over a Darrell Revis type clone in Morris Claiborne? Remember, Ryan, Brees, and Newton threw for over 4,000 yards. We need speed at WR. If both Richardson and Claiborne are gone at 5, then Blackmon would be a logical choice. He's the WR that Dez Bryant will never be. He's a lot more mature as well.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:43 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by impactplayerx47 View Post
Kind of my train of thought man...I remember SCCOOOFFFIINNNGG at the thought of drafting AP cuz we had Caddy...but man, can't do it again. Again, if we can land James in 2..then don't go with Trent...but I think we have to address the position early.
I want Trent as well. But honestly, I really like Chris Polk and think he's got star potential as well. We pick 4th/5th in round 2, and he will most certainly be there.

A draft like this in the 1st 3 rounds:

1st: Claiborner/or/Richardson/or/Blackmon
2nd: Polk
3rd: Travis Lewis or OLINEMEN
Old 01-03-2012, 10:46 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs147 View Post
(1. Andrew Luck)
2. Morris Claiborne
3. Justin Blackmon
4. Matt Kalil
5. Trent Richardson
Why Andrew Luck? That ticks me off honestly if you think Josh Freeman is that bad because of this year.

Sure coaching and the lack of development from the WRs were a huge problem, but not having an off=season to watch and analyze film every day like he did in the 2010 offseason was a big part of his sophmore slump.

All the things he was doing right last year seemed to regress this year. That just doesn't fade. Everyone compares his season to Derek Anderson's now back of 2007, but Derek Anderson had 27 TDs and 15 INTs that year as well as a poor Completion percentage of around 57 %? Freeman went over 61% and 25 tds to 6 ints.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Bucs147
Rookie

Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs147 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I named Andrew Luck because he's the best NFL prospect of the decade. That's it. We'd be fooled to no draft him if he's there at #5 (and it's pointless to talk about that scenario since it obviously won't happens... hence the parenthesis). I like Freeman. This is why I don't RG3 anywhere close the top 5 of our Big Board.
Bucs147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:23 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs147 View Post
I named Andrew Luck because he's the best NFL prospect of the decade. That's it. We'd be fooled to no draft him if he's there at #5 (and it's pointless to talk about that scenario since it obviously won't happens... hence the parenthesis). I like Freeman. This is why I don't RG3 anywhere close the top 5 of our Big Board.
Listen, I like Luck and think he'll be a great QB in this league, but I don't see him as the best prospect ever. So many people are all over him. Fact is, he never beat a good team in college and collapsed in big games over Oregon, TWICE.

I see franchise QB potential in him, but when people say he's the best QB anyone has ever scouted, I call BS. Stafford had better physical and mental measureables and call me a homer, but even Freeman has a bigger upside than Luck.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:54 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Yeah, but would you take him over a Darrell Revis type clone in Morris Claiborne? Remember, Ryan, Brees, and Newton threw for over 4,000 yards. We need speed at WR. If both Richardson and Claiborne are gone at 5, then Blackmon would be a logical choice. He's the WR that Dez Bryant will never be. He's a lot more mature as well.

I love how you think Claiborne will become HANDS DOWN the best CB in the NFL because that's what Revis is right now.

Can we just let these very young, but good players be who they are. Richardson is not AP he's not a young Ricky Williams he's Trent Richardson.

Saying Claiborne will become anything close to Revis is unfair to the young man.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

My big board as of right now would be to grab 1. Claiborne, 2. Blackmon, 3. Richardson. (Assuming both Luck and Kalil are gone). I don't really think we go incredibly wrong with any of those players.

Old 01-03-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

My big board is

1. Richardson- I love Blount but he's no where near this kid.
2. Claiborne- Be the best CB on our team when he gets drafted
3 Move down!!!!!!!