Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 12-01-2011, 06:53 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Fewell has come out publically and said some of the players quit during the Saints game. A couple of days ago I said I had a good feeling about this game but I take that back. It's going to be a mess.
oh yeah it was obvious, they did the same thing to Sheridan when we played Denver, and against Minnesota (forget who our coordinator was) a few years ago. They dont play when they dont like the calls. Instead of doing that, why don't they say it or change the call? The reason is because we don't have leaders. Strahan wouldn't let it happen, he would say something.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:39 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From reading a few things about what Fewell said after the game, I hope that he is criticizing the effort and not the scheme only because he was told to run that. And if so, I am still mad because if Coughlin has a say in the defense, he should not override Fewell. If Fewell steps out and runs man, single high, anything but friggen cov 2 I wont write him off as a failed DC just yet.

Another thing, Blackburn needs to start. I dont care if he doesn't know Fewell's calls, He is sadly much better in coverage than everyone except Williams and Boley by far.

I believe that we can play man press vs. these receivers. Amukamara and Webster fair well in this, and Ross is in between but when he's hot he's hot. Boley is going to have to have a game against Finley, but otherwise I am not as scared if I was the DC and ran what played to my player's strengths. We have the talent to play with these guys, injuries are the only reason i have doubts.

Another thing, A gap pressure, they have trouble at guard and we cant let rodgers stay put for easy looks. Flush him out and let our DE's feast.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by BaLLiN : 12-01-2011 at 11:42 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:04 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

btw:

http://videos.nj.com/star-ledger/201...nator_p_2.html

its Fewell's press conference

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-02-2011, 11:01 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Teams are regularly max protecting against our fronts and Perry Fewell is still rushing 3 and 4 against those protections.

His excuse? He's seen our pass rushers beat double teams regularly in the past, so why blitz.

Really Perry? I hate this turd so much.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Herzlich + Osi are out. Mario is Doubtful. Bradshaw + Boley questionable. All others probable.

Not a terrible injury report.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Bradshaw and Boley are playing we just might have a shot.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It sounds like they will. Coughlin said Bradshaw looked impressive and Bradshaw said he felt fine.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know offense hadsn't been the problem but the ball control with Bradshaw might be better than we've seen.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-02-2011, 03:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This game is basically our season.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
This game is basically our season.
Not true. I think the effort is our season. But we don't technically need a W.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Yeah but if we get booty rocked again, you might as well call it a season.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:23 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Agreed. The players need to have some confidence heading to Dallas next sunday. Let's say we lose by 7 points or less but fight hard and give GB a run for their money. If we can do that I think we should be happy with ourselves.

We need to find some kind of momentum, any kind of momentum, going into the Dallas game. If we can do that, and win in Dallas, then I think we can get on a roll and win against the Redskins and Jets as well. And then it all comes down to the home game against the Cows on the last day of the regular season.

Come to think about it, if we lose sunday, but win out after that( yeah, I know, big if), we would be on a pretty nice roll heading into the playoff. Maybe we get hot just in the right time of the season?

Just trying to stay delusionally positive I guess, lol :p

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with the you BBN. Delusional optimism FTW!

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:24 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
Herzlich + Osi are out. Mario is Doubtful. Bradshaw + Boley questionable. All others probable.

Not a terrible injury report.
Quote:
The way Osi and Mario are playing I really dont think it hurts us that much. Osi's run defense is terrible and his one pass rush move actually causes the pocket to become GINORMOUS. Mario is the only one of the three that kindof hurts us but not really with the emergence of Barden who is probably better suited because size beats speed, mario did beat williams (2 times?) a year or two ago but i dont think that could happen again. Herzlich is good vs the run, but the packers run offense is turrible.

Gaining Bradshaw and Boley is regaining two essential parts of our team. Boley is probably the only candidate to limit Finley.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by BaLLiN : 12-03-2011 at 06:01 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:50 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'm going to disagree on the Barden part. I know we all want Barden to show he's a great player, but there's no way any of us can say with a straight face that right here right now, he's better than Mario. Mario is 10X the WR he is until proven otherwise.

1 deep post doesn't make a career. That's what Barden brought on Monday. 1 deep post. I think we're so hell bent on wanting this guy to emerge that we're starting to reach for straws. Let him prove it first.

Right now I see a tall guy who gets off the line slowly that doesn't get much separation. He's tall and strong. I need to see more.

Having that said, if Mario needs surgery, chances are we don't re-sign him (unless he comes cheap and we're not interest in bringing my bff Steve Smith back), and in that case, it'll be interesting to see if Barden can emerge and step up as our future #3 moving forward.

I think moving forward, Nicks and Cruz are clearing our 1 and 2 of the future.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:16 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
“There should be a lot of pride in this locker room,” safety Antrel Rolle said. “With that being said, hopefully guys did go in the mirror and look at themselves. I know I surely did. But I don’t wait ‘til after the game. I was doing it during the game, after the game, when I got home today, tomorrow, I’m going to continue to look at myself in the mirror, and ask myself, ‘Am I being the best possible player I can be for this team?’ And you know, I’m not going to stop doing that ‘til we get to where we need to be.”
Also...
BBD, Mario has an X factor, yes. He also rarely catches with his hands, doesn't go across the middle well, and putting him against these corners is not as favorable at least imo because they have the ability to mirror him and he is not one to fight for the ball in the air.

[I will finish this thought later]

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-04-2011, 07:06 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know offense hadsn't been the problem but the ball control with Bradshaw might be better than we've seen.
Bradshaw is a guy that can definitely give us some big problems.
We struggled with Sproles, and Bradshaw runs stronger than little Darren.
Nicks and Cruz and the big TE will make plenty of plays.

As you guys know, the Packers defense gives up a lot of big plays, and yardage. But they're always bailed out by the gambling ints.
If they don't get the ints, they can't stop people usually.

I think Eli plays smart today, doesn't make mistakes, and you guys have a good change of knocking us off and making me hate that little bast*rd even more than I did before!

To an injury-free game today!
Good luck gentlemen!
Remember, I live in Dallas.... I want to see you and them go down to the wire!
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:07 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post

As you guys know, the Packers defense gives up a lot of big plays, and yardage. But they're always bailed out by the gambling ints.

I think Eli plays smart today, doesn't make mistakes, and you guys have a good change of knocking us off and making me hate that little bast*rd even more than I did before!

Good luck gentlemen!

We will lose. At least it's a home game, so if we have a bad effort on defense fire insert coach's name could ring out.

Who is the little Bastard? Injury free game, hehehehehe. That hasn't happened all season. Someone will get hurt, and either go on IR OR not play for like 5 games. That's how we roll!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:08 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post

Good luck gentlemen!
Good luck bro, enjoy the game. Here's to an injury free game.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:11 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
Also...
BBD, Mario has an X factor, yes. He also rarely catches with his hands, doesn't go across the middle well, and putting him against these corners is not as favorable at least imo because they have the ability to mirror him and he is not one to fight for the ball in the air.

[I will finish this thought later]
You're selling Mario short. He's made some incredible catches this year, he goes up the middle, and he gets more separation than any of our WRs.

I'm not the biggest Mario fan either bc he does make mental mistakes, and will have a killer drop here and there, but he's not as bad as he's made out to be.

In fact, when/if he does leave in FA, when he goes to a less complicated offense, like a WCO for example, I expect Mario to really flourish. He's actually the most talented WR we have. He's just not a great fit for this system, but he'll beast it in a simpler offense that can utilize his speed more effectively.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:17 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
You're selling Mario short. He's made some incredible catches this year, he goes up the middle, and he gets more separation than any of our WRs.

I'm not the biggest Mario fan either bc he does make mental mistakes, and will have a killer drop here and there, but he's not as bad as he's made out to be.

In fact, when/if he does leave in FA, when he goes to a less complicated offense, like a WCO for example, I expect Mario to really flourish. He's actually the most talented WR we have. He's just not a great fit for this system, but he'll beast it in a simpler offense that can utilize his speed more effectively.
I agree! If he goes to system where he doesn't need a PHd he will do very well. Just run around and make plays without having to read the defense with such detail like a doctor does to a patient.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'm sick of the injury thing already. It's not why we're losing.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-04-2011, 11:21 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I agree! If he goes to system where he doesn't need a PHd he will do very well. Just run around and make plays without having to read the defense with such detail like a doctor does to a patient.
To be fair though, I'm against re-signing him. I just think we'll overpay, and I hate overpaying for players, especially WRs who aren't certified #1 WRs.

Especially if he needs surgery.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

We theoretically should be fine with Nicks, Cruz, Barden, and someone else. If we go with an offensive coach then we should re-sign Mario and have an explosive offense.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-04-2011, 11:23 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I'm sick of the injury thing already. It's not why we're losing.
Me too. We're not the only injured team. A lot of teams have been killed with injuries this year.

And injuries aren't why we lost to the Seahawks or the Eagles. Antonio Pierce is right, we're a finesse team. The Giants lost their identity, we're a soft team.

Philly punched us in the face, and we bitched up. Completely soft.