Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 05:25 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 49ers Gameday Thread: Week 13: Rams at 49ers

Week 13:
Sunday, December 4, 2011

St. Louis Rams (2-9)
at
San Francisco 49ers (9-2)

Time: 1:15 pm pst

Rams week. I guess they're a rival. I tried to make this a real rivalry with hate and stuff and it just never materialized. The Niners have dominated it too much. Of course, Ken Norton Jr's "Same Ole Sorry Ass Rams" blast kind of put the nail in the coffin. The Rams are just consistently not good. Sucks for their fans.

But hey, they always have this guy though:

Normally, I'd be worried about him, but our run defense is unreal. There isn't a back in the league that I fear. And that is ******* awesome.

Remember this guy:

Apparently, he does this now:

Ugh. I didn't care when they traded him. I don't really care that the Rams traded for him. He doesn't really bother me. I thought he should have been better than he ended up with us. Whatever.

I'm still not sold on this guy:

I'm not saying he's a bust ... but I'm not a fan.
It may not matter though. He's questionable.

So, we can wrap this baby up:

Mere formality at this point. Haven't even thought about it for over a month. Feels good to get back into the playoffs though.

I want to see this:

A lot.

And how about a little more of this:

But none of this:

Just catch the ball Braylon. You're getting open. The ball is reasonably thrown. Just catch it. I want more from this guy. He's the key to opening up the passing game. Just, not this week. He's out.

And finally, it will be this:

and not this:

Yeah.

Standings: Hey look, ... the Rams have the inverse of our record. Neat.

1. San Francisco 49ers (9-2)
2. Seattle Seahawks (5-7)
3. Arizona Cardinals (4-7)
4. St. Louis Rams (2-9)

Special Note:

Sooooooo good. I sometimes forget. Bad Borat.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:49 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Go home! Same ol' sorry ass Rams!!!"

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:28 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, Edwards has no business playing at less than a 100%. Now we finally decide to sit him for a couple of games. I remember Fangio earlier in the year said something to the effect of he will always take a less-talented guy playing at 100% than a more talented guy playing at 80-90%. I am in totally agreement with that line of thinking. Guys like Williams and Swain at 100% give you the same production that Edwards can at 80%. Give these guys some burn and rest Braylon so he's healthy in the playoffs, where he'll sorely be needed.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:33 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, we should blow out the Rams. And hell yeah, im hoping Snyder plays instead of Rachal. I hate Rachal with a passion and cant wait until the season ends and he's gone.

We should easily win our division this week, go to 10-2 and move another step towards the second seed, a bye and a home playoff game. I just hope that Harbaugh and company has put the Ravens game behind them because if they dont, I can definitely see us having a let down.

With that said, I dont think that will happen.

Rams 10
49ers 27
Old 12-03-2011, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DO WANT

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 12-04-2011, 02:36 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Honestly, Edwards has no business playing at less than a 100%. Now we finally decide to sit him for a couple of games. I remember Fangio earlier in the year said something to the effect of he will always take a less-talented guy playing at 100% than a more talented guy playing at 80-90%. I am in totally agreement with that line of thinking. Guys like Williams and Swain at 100% give you the same production that Edwards can at 80%. Give these guys some burn and rest Braylon so he's healthy in the playoffs, where he'll sorely be needed.
I think it should be case by case basis. Are you going to take Andre Johnson at 80% or a 100% Jacoby Jones?

Edwards should be rested for the playoffs though if he's not healthy. I'm not that high on him on a player and never was, but if the coaches think he can help than he should take it slow.

Quote:
Old 12-04-2011, 06:31 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I think it should be case by case basis. Are you going to take Andre Johnson at 80% or a 100% Jacoby Jones?

Edwards should be rested for the playoffs though if he's not healthy. I'm not that high on him on a player and never was, but if the coaches think he can help than he should take it slow.
Im going to take Jones at 100 every time. A guy playing at 80, no matter how talented he is, can't give you the effort of a guy who is healthy. And 9 times out of 10, its effort that makes the play, not necessarily talent. And besides, we're not talking about one of the top 3 WRs in the league, we're talking about Braylon Edwards. I'd take Williams or Swain full healthy over him at 80% every day of the week and twice on Sundays. As he has proven, he is not the same player when he's not completely healthy. The effort just isnt there.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:55 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It should be a blow out like the rest of you say. I will not be able to catch the game today gotta go do food shopping plus my wifi is not that great here where I am in Arizona.

Nice write as always Borat!Go 9ers!!
Old 12-04-2011, 11:44 AM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Amazing feeling knowing we're a lock for the playoffs - been so long.

2. As the wins pile up, I find myself much more concerned with the 100 yd rushing and rushing TD battle that offenses take to our defense every week. I love watching our front seven.

3. I agree with Ness on Braylon. He's ok for me, I don't think he's the answer to opening up this offense and being "explosive".

4. Vernon Davis is that answer. And that will happen when we don't depend on him so much to stay in for pass pro.

Let's go, lock up the West, stay ahead of NO. Happy GameDay gentlemen.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm very much looking forward to watching a beatdown of the Rams today, with the Niners solidifying their position at the top of the NFC West, celebrating a playoff berth on the field after the game. Let's go NINERS!!!

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 12-04-2011, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Im going to take Jones at 100 every time. A guy playing at 80, no matter how talented he is, can't give you the effort of a guy who is healthy. And 9 times out of 10, its effort that makes the play, not necessarily talent. And besides, we're not talking about one of the top 3 WRs in the league, we're talking about Braylon Edwards. I'd take Williams or Swain full healthy over him at 80% every day of the week and twice on Sundays. As he has proven, he is not the same player when he's not completely healthy. The effort just isnt there.
Wow that's crazy. I'm not touching Jacoby Jones if I can get Andre Johnson on the field.

Like I said it's case by case. I'm taking a 80% Jerry Rice over a 100% J.J. Stokes.

Quote:
Old 12-04-2011, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else see that Josh Johnson got the start for Tampa Bay today? I believe Freeman was a late scratch so Johnson didn't prep to be the starter all week, but it'll be interesting to watch him in action. I wonder if Harbaugh will still go after hm in the offseason with Kap (a similar player as far as build, skillset) already on the team.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 12-04-2011, 01:06 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rams QBs A.J. Feeley and Tom Brandstater are warming up. No sign of Sam Bradford. Highly unlikely Bradford plays on bum ankle vs. 49ers D.
Got a feeling the 49ers will get their pick 6 on at least once today.

I would like to see Alex take advantage of the red zone opportunities today and punch in a few scores early. I think this game will be similar to the game two weeks ago against the Cards and he will get plenty of chances early.

Another thing I would like to see is the 49ers defense register a multiple sack game. They have only had two game with multiple sacks since the bye week.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:36 PM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would love to see Kaepernick get some PT today
Old 12-04-2011, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Should be a nice day to pad the stats. Won't be surprised if the Rams get shut out.

Quote:
Old 12-04-2011, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
Would love to see Kaepernick get some PT today
Agree, so long as Alex has looked efficient.

Old 12-04-2011, 02:43 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Anyone else see that Josh Johnson got the start for Tampa Bay today? I believe Freeman was a late scratch so Johnson didn't prep to be the starter all week, but it'll be interesting to watch him in action. I wonder if Harbaugh will still go after hm in the offseason with Kap (a similar player as far as build, skillset) already on the team.
Apparently Josh Johnson took every 1st team rep all week.

Quote:
Josh Johnson gets first-team practice reps

Josh Johnson handled the Bucs' first-team reps all this week, and coach Raheem Morris characterized Johnson's practice performance as "spectacular" on Friday.
"Josh Johnson had a spectacular week of practice," Morris said. "... When you have a week like this and he takes all the reps, you can see how prepared he really is and how much he really wants it and how much he’s been paying attention." Josh Freeman (shoulder, questionable) will be a game-time decision for Sunday's matchup with Carolina. During the preseason, the speedy Johnson rushed nine times for 93 yards but completed just 17-of-39 passes (43.6%) for 272 yards, a touchdown, and an interception. Dec. 2 - 3:54 pm et
Source: St. Petersburg Times
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=4706&line=2220 53&spln=1
Old 12-04-2011, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Nice. Hadn't heard anything about it here in AZ and small market teams like them don't get over-discussed in the media like the Pats, Giants, Jets, Cowboys, etc. He's shown good flashes today and some crazy arm strength at times, but the touch on his passes has been hit-and-miss. He got better as the game went on but the Bucs were overmatched with Cam Newton blowing up, and not being able to establish the run against the Panthers D.

Old 12-04-2011, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Alex looking good on 3rd downs, which is a plus....until Crabs let a laser go through his hands that, if caught, was most likely a TD.

They need to pile up the points, get Gore his rushing record, and keep everyone healthy.

Old 12-04-2011, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

F$#%!!!!!!!!!!! I hope Willis is OK. Looks like a hammy or a strain.

Old 12-04-2011, 04:05 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sucks to settle for a FG there.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

I am in favor of Snyder over Rachal but he's off to a terrible start; missed assignment and then a very untimely false start penalty.

Old 12-04-2011, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our short yardage game has been awful for like a decade now. Can someone please figure it out already.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:21 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vernon Davis you gotta catch that
Old 12-04-2011, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

VD effed that one up bad.

Congrats to Gore for being the all-time leading rusher for the San Francisco 49ers!!!

Closed Thread