Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 12-03-2011, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
yes, because he gives me wood too. such a silky smooth player. i want him in orange & brown.
Don't you try to take RGIII and ruin him! He'd have... what to work with offensively there? :(

Greg Little?
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:15 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see RGIII losing a lot of stock (justified or not) between now and the draft. His abilities are easy to nitpick.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:21 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, it would be decidedly unfair if they're going based on the most common one I've heard, offensive system. He's the best deep ball thrower in the country. There's some dinking and dunking going on at Baylor, but Griffin loves to throw down the field and is deathly accurate when he does.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 12-03-2011 at 09:30 PM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:21 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
I could see RGIII losing a lot of stock (justified or not) between now and the draft. His abilities are easy to nitpick.
I don't love him when I watch him. Something just looks weird to me.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:30 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Wherever he goes I hope that team drafts Kendall Wright. He is responsible for so much of Griffin's success and is so underrated.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's a pretty polarizing prospect, but I for one, love his potential. I'd love to see him to go to a team like Washington or Seattle.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:37 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Wherever he goes I hope that team drafts Kendall Wright. He is responsible for so much of Griffin's success and is so underrated.
See, this one really bothers me. I don't really see how Wright can be causes so much of Griffin's success when he's routinely hitting him and others down the field in the hands without having them adjust for it. There's some bubble screen type stuff, but that's more to soften things up down the field in Baylor's scheme. Wright is a good player who was undervalued coming in(He's right where he should be now, mid-second round value. Not like we're talking about a guy you can just chuck it up to like an AJ Green or Julio Jones. You actually have to be pretty damn fine with a guy who has severe size limitations like Wright), but Griffin makes him look that much better.

The thing that concerns me about Griffin isn't anything super specific, but more the broader idea of him fitting into a pro-style system. I don't have much doubt about his physical ability to make the throws(even though his arm strength isn't amazing, more in the Christian Ponder neighborhood) or making reads, he does all that at the college level. He'll just be looking at the game from a different perspective and being coached in a different way, which is a challenge for any quarterback. We've seen spread guys with ability make the adjustment before(quicker and quicker these days too, it seems) but it's always something you've got to watch. He also is able to make a lot of plays with his legs at the college level. That will still be there in the NFL, but they'll be times where he'll have to get the ball out a lot quicker.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 12-03-2011 at 09:49 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:05 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
so were vince young and cam newton's abilities and they were both top 3 picks. as long as he measures in at 6'2" at least I think teams will fall in love with his physical abilities and his personality. It's not like he's that raw of a thrower either for a mobile athletic QB.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:07 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
this is true, but I think it's safe to say that Griffin proved a long time ago that he is a great QB in his own right and Kendall just magnifies his ability if anything.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:14 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
He's a pretty polarizing prospect, but I for one, love his potential. I'd love to see him to go to a team like Washington or Seattle.
The crazy part about it is that I can't really come up with a reason I don't like him. He just doesn't seem to pass the eye test.

Quote:
Patriots please. I really like Kendall Wright.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:18 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Me too. And like you, I have a hard time saying what it is. I think part of it is that his body looks like it's completely maxed out, and he looks pretty thin and small even in college, despite being listed as 6'2" 220, and those numbers are typically fine for a QB. I guess if I try to describe it... it's like when I watch him drop back to throw, I half expect the play to break down if he can't throw a fade. It's almost a sense that depends on making highlight-reel plays. A run for a first, a deep bomb, a scramble to avoid pressure and then dump off to his tight end... Which is great, of course, and fun to watch, but you don't really seem to see very many... methodical drives. Where he's taking what a defense is giving him... he's always having to beat the defense. Maybe that's a good enough way of saying it. Also think Kendall Wright is one of the top 5 receivers in college football right now. He plays a lot like Steve Smith. Really smooth, and just knifes through seams in defenses. Plays really aggressively with his speed for a guy who isn't very big, and a lot of Griffin's highlights feature Wright.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:40 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have two concerns with RGIII. One being his size, I think he'll measure a solid 6'2" but he crouches an awful lot in his stance and his throwing motion isn't exactly over the top. It seems he needs to move around in the pocket just to find lanes to see over the middle and that's a pretty big concern. In addition, his size ties in to my other main concern which is injuries. I don't think he's actually 220 pounds, I think he's closer to 205. That combined with his injury history makes me worry about how he'll told up taking NFL hits week-in and week-out given he'll probably still be a runner in the NFL and he's not really the shifty type of runner and he takes big hits.

All that being said, he's still locked in as my number 3 QB and I still like him better than all the QBs from last year's draft.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:45 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

During the game the play by play guy in the booth commented that when Griffin was a nationally ranked hurdler in HS, he weighed 195# and since then RGIII has gained roughly 25#.

Griffin IMO is like Patrick Peterson in that he has a tightly coiled musculature that doesn't make him appear as heavy as he actually is.

I think people are going to be surprised with Griffin's official numbers at the combine. Height, weight speed and agility.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's growing on me and I think he will grow on pro scouts and GM's. His intangibles are solid IMO and I believe he will be a solid 1st rounder.
The only question someone could have is arm strength, if the scouts think his arm is above average, he will rise substantially on draft boards.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:26 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
During the game the play by play guy in the booth commented that when Griffin was a nationally ranked hurdler in HS, he weighed 195# and since then RGIII has gained roughly 25#.

Griffin IMO is like Patrick Peterson in that he has a tightly coiled musculature that doesn't make him appear as heavy as he actually is.

I think people are going to be surprised with Griffin's official numbers at the combine. Height, weight speed and agility.
People are going to be stupefied after the combine.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's the #1 QB/player on some teams' draft boards.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:01 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
He's growing on me and I think he will grow on pro scouts and GM's. His intangibles are solid IMO and I believe he will be a solid 1st rounder.
The only question someone could have is arm strength, if the scouts think his arm is above average, he will rise substantially on draft boards.
there aren't any questions about his arm. he has had questionable accuracy if anything (though not shown in stats b/c of the offense he is in), but that comes in part from footwork and running around out of the pocket. No question this kid has the zip on his ball to fire it in there on all the throws and he throws a terrific deep ball. If people are okay with Luck and Barkley's arm then they will have no problem whatsoever with Griffin's.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:10 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree, RG3 is legit.
How big is he, factually?
Remember, Brees was too short coming out of Purdue.

I'm betting on RG3!
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:17 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drew Brees is the exception not the rule. Just like you can't find HoF QBs late in the draft like Brady every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:40 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I agree, RG3 is legit.
How big is he, factually?
Lol? He's at least 6'2"
Old 12-04-2011, 01:43 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RGIII was listed as 6'3 as a freshman at Baylor, so I think his listed 6'2 is probably about right.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Vinny Chase
Rookie

Vinny Chase smells like sex panther.Vinny Chase smells like sex panther.

Honestly I don't see why people are so enamored with RG3. I mean sure he's putting up nice numbers but that is really just a result of playing in an extremely weak conference and being surrounded by a plethora of great talent. If you put him on a situation like Matt Barkley where he is playing against top notch talent week in and week out without a single receiver to throw to he would be putting up about half the stats that he is.
Vinny Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:12 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny Chase View Post
Honestly I don't see why people are so enamored with RG3. I mean sure he's putting up nice numbers but that is really just a result of playing in an extremely weak conference and being surrounded by a plethora of great talent. If you put him on a situation like Matt Barkley where he is playing against top notch talent week in and week out without a single receiver to throw to he would be putting up about half the stats that he is.
Matt Barkley has no receivers to throw to? you are sounding dumb right now

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:14 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Yeah, that applies to Barkley far more than Griffin. Baylor isn't a super talented football team. Athletic group, but they're a fundamentally flawed team. In fact, you can easily argue that Griffin is as important to Baylor as Andrew Luck is to Stanford.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-04-2011, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Vinny Chase
Rookie

Vinny Chase smells like sex panther.Vinny Chase smells like sex panther.

so who does Barkley have to throw to then???? SC hasn't had a real go to wide out since Dwayne Jarrett. All I'm saying is that Barkley has had a tremendous season with an extremely weak supporting cast.
Vinny Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:23 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny Chase View Post
so who does Barkley have to throw to then???? SC hasn't had a real go to wide out since Dwayne Jarrett. All I'm saying is that Barkley has had a tremendous season with an extremely weak supporting cast.
Robert Woods and Marquise Lee are as good as any two starting receivers in the country and he has a top five pick at tackle in Matt Kalil(who many are saying is as good as Joe Thomas) and tons of five star recruits waiting in the wings.....what the hell are you even angling at here? I like Barkley a lot as well, but that's going to be one of, if not the biggest, argument used against him as a prospect.

R.I.P. Junior Seau