Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 12-04-2011, 04:21 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
This! WTF happened?
Off coverage. When we manned up, they burned us there too. We lost our sense of urgency on the pass rush too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously passed out when the 4th started, and i wake up and the ******* Colts put up 24 on us.... wtf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 04:39 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was as much a lack of effort as it was a lack of talent.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 04:45 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whatever it is, it was putrid and the players played like ****. We haven't exactly seen any evidence that it can get better either.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-04-2011, 04:49 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't think the Pats lack talent on defense. It's all execution.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I refuse to buy into this. Idk how you can say that when we have a bunch of no names starting on our defense every week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 04:56 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Today certainly not. We had Edelman and Slater out there the whole fcking game.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 12-04-2011, 06:58 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

So the tone from the locker room today is one of disappointment, and I tend to agree with them. We weren't at our best for sixty minutes today, lucky that we didn't need to be. I know it was mostly in garbage time, but we were out there trying to score in the fourth quarter and couldn't do it. That combined with the play of the defense is concerning. Can't get away with those types of mistakes in a game that matters.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-04-2011, 11:08 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When you play the Colts and don't put up 40+ and give up 2+ TDs, it should be viewed as a failure.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:45 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would very much appreciate not having to see Niko Koutivides, Tracey White, Gary Guyton, Nate Jones, Sterling Moore, James Ihedigbo and Matthew Slater never play another meaningful down for our defense.

Its not a good thing when Rob Ninkovich is one of the 5 most talented players on the defense. Very good complimentary part but he is the type.who should round out the defense, not be a main cog

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:19 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Word is we'll be signing Dorin Dickerson to the practice squad. That's a tremendous guy to take a flyer on, I think. Great size/speed ration at nearly 6'2 and close to 230 pounds with low 4.4 speed. Obviously, it's hard to envision him stepping in this year, but it's a good relationship to have going into next season as he has a ton of potential still. Could have a shot to make the team next year if he sticks around and plays well on special teams.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 12-05-2011 at 01:21 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Never heard of him. What's he play?

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:46 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another week where I was called crazy by friends/family when I said the Pats wouldn't cover the 21 point spread. Unlike the Bills, I did not call for a potential loss, but it's still sad that we're this bad. (Probably worse that the super-homers among my friends/family refuse to see it for what it is, but that's another topic.)

Seriously, I'm with AntoinCD - Ninko looks like a top talent on our team and that frightens me. It's clearly a case of Ninko being the 6 looking like a 9 b/c she's standing next to the fat chick.

As for the WR discussion:

Meachem would be stellar. He brings everything we need even if he is a bit inconsistent. We need the threat of the long ball. He'd be a great under-the-radar type if we could get him without breaking the bank.
EDIT: I have a theory on the Saints WRs that Payton's rotation has an effect similar to that of rotating RBs. No one player can ever get hot and play consistently. They rotate sub-packages at WR/RB more than any team I've ever seen.

Knox is a guy I was thinking would be great but he's locked up for one more year and won't hit FA until 2013.

Wallace . . . dream on. lol

Vincent Jackson would be great, too. I agree he has a legitimate shot of being a BB target with his skill set and ability to light us the **** up every time we see him.

B-Easy is always a favorite of mine. I think he could be a real option, too, as he'll be a bargain basement signing (again) this year. Too many issues, too many injuries, and too little production over the last few years.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Last edited by FlyingElvis : 12-05-2011 at 02:48 PM.
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Next week again we go against a team with very good bookend pass rushers in Orakpo and Kerrigan.

The week after we go against Von Miller and Doom.

The week after it's Cam Wake and Koa Misi.

That's after Freeney and Mathis this week, Trent Cole and Jason Babin last week, Tamba Hali and Justin Houston the week before, the Jets blitzes the week before, the Giants the week before that and Lamar Woodley and the Steelers before that.

If there's one thing to be said it's that our pass protection will well and truly be tested by the playoffs.

Old 12-05-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:

TE/WR tweeener. He was a hot name a few years ago and most had him pegged as a potential third round pick(some were higher on him, very high even ) after he blew up the combine, but he lasted all the way to the 7th round, where Houston took him. Excellent size/speed ratio and actually tested well in the agility drills at the combine(as well as the strength tests), but he couldn't stick. I was down on him(a lot of people had us drafting him) as a prospect, but I'll certainly take raw potential for free off the street if it's there.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-05-2011, 02:49 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
As for the WR discussion:

Meachem would be stellar. He brings everything we need even if he is a bit inconsistent. We need the threat of the long ball. He'd be a great under-the-radar type if we could get him without breaking the bank.

Knox is a guy I was thinking would be great but he's locked up for one more year and won't hit FA until 2013.

Wallace . . . dream on. lol

Vincent Jackson would be great, too. I agree he has a legitimate shot of being a BB target with his skill set and ability to light us the **** up every time we see him.

B-Easy is always a favorite of mine. I think he could be a real option, too, as he'll be a bargain basement signing (again) this year. Too many issues, too many injuries, and too little production over the last few years.
I would love Meachem here. He is a big, outside WR who can go deep. The only problem he has in New Orleans is that Brees has more trust in Devery Henderson who is the same type of WR. I think he could be great in our offense.

Old 12-05-2011, 02:49 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pitt TE that came out 2 (?) years ago.

Old 12-05-2011, 02:58 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I would love Meachem here. He is a big, outside WR who can go deep. The only problem he has in New Orleans is that Brees has more trust in Devery Henderson who is the same type of WR. I think he could be great in our offense.
The posting is fast and furious!

I edited my post after you were already quoting it.

Quote:
EDIT: I have a theory on the Saints WRs that Payton's rotation has an effect similar to that of rotating RBs. No one player can ever get hot and play consistently. They rotate sub-packages at WR/RB more than any team I've ever seen.
I really think a guy like Meachem - who plays somewhat streaky - could benefit from a more stable role. Take the lumps of a few drops but go right back to him and let him stay on the field. Obviously, that would be an optimistic view and overly hopeful that he'd become a better player were he to make it to Foxborough.

Old 12-05-2011, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From Spikes' twitter account:
Quote:
Hi If u kiss enough ass, you'll move up 2 the next level !!!! ������������. #TruStory #PoWwWwW
Why is he writing all this nonsense? Is he upset with now being activated or what? I don't get it, but it's things like this that lead me to believe that he won't stay a Patriot for his entire career. Just seems immature and plain dumb..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 03:41 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
I really think a guy like Meachem - who plays somewhat streaky - could benefit from a more stable role. Take the lumps of a few drops but go right back to him and let him stay on the field. Obviously, that would be an optimistic view and overly hopeful that he'd become a better player were he to make it to Foxborough.
I'm with you on that one. He plays in a very good receiver core with a lot of different guys who can hurt you over the top. If we were to bring him in and make him the primary receiver on the deep ball, I think you could get something. He's actually pretty damn good after the catch as well, he's a pretty solidly built guy who can break some tackles. I was sky high on him when he came out and was pretty mad when the Saints picked him. Maybe he would have been a higher priority target without the mighty Chad Jackson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post

Why is he writing all this nonsense? Is he upset with now being activated or what? I don't get it, but it's things like this that lead me to believe that he won't stay a Patriot for his entire career. Just seems immature and plain dumb..
Certainly not, and not much longer if he can't produce. Besides that stretch of games where Mayo was hurt, he's done really meh things here and hasn't been the most solid citizen either. Not a fan of how he carries himself on or off the field either. Wouldn't mind the dancing so much if he was actually doing something to stop backs and tight ends from catching passes as opposed to tackling them after giving up big yardage.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-05-2011, 04:22 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post

No idea if that's serious. He was telling some jackhole with zero football knowledge that the Pats cut him and then was joking that people beleive anything they read online.

If that is about the Pats / BB (I can't be sure from the context, or lack thereof) then it could just be more nonsense.

Old 12-05-2011, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

T.Price claimed by Jaguars :(

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wes Welker hasnt dropped a pass this season despite a league-leading 127 targets. Last season, Welker led the NFL in dropped passes with 11.
From: https://twitter.com/#!/ESPNStatsInfo...71570053652480

Man that is an amazing stat.
Vaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:20 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaylor View Post
Wow. Damn right. I never realized that. That's pretty incredible.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 12-06-2011, 11:36 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

...are we sure about that? I believe that he hasn't dropped many this year, but I seem to recall a few that he got his hands on that he wasn't able to pull in.

R.I.P. Junior Seau