Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

View Poll Results: Who deserves to play LSU in the BS BCS Title game?
Alabama, rematch, they're probably the best team 21 31.82%
Oklahoma State has earned it 29 43.94%
Blow up the whole BcS system and install a legit playoff like all other football has! 16 24.24%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2011, 08:33 AM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Capstone
Posts: 1,066
Reputation: 89136
JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
You are completely wrong. Oklahoma State had the harder schedule. Let's compare wins. BCS rankings in parenthesis:

(6) Arkansas vs. (8) Kansas State: Advantage Alabama
(21) Penn State vs. (13) Baylor: Advantage OK State
(26) Auburn vs. (16) Oklahoma: Advantage OK State
(43) Mississippi State vs. (24) Texas: Advantage OK State
(44) Florida vs. (25) Missouri: Advantage OK State
(49) Vanderbilt vs. (29) Texas A&M: Advantage OK State
(57) Tennessee vs. (41) Tulsa: Advantage OK State
(94) North Texas vs. (47) Texas Tech: Advantage OK State
(95) Mississippi vs. (63) UL-Lafayette: Advantage OK State
(96) Kent State vs. (71) Arizona: Advantage OK State
(UN) Georgia Southern (72 in Sagarin Rankings) vs. (79) Kansas: Push

So Alabama's best win is slightly better than OK State's best win. And Alabama's loss is better than OK State's. But that doesn't not make up for the fact that Alabama's victories came against teams with an average ranking of 54 (56 if you include Georgia Southern) compared to 38 for OK State.

Edit: I just realized I was looking at 2010 rankings rather than 2011 rankings when talking about Georgia Southern. Sagarin actually has GSU ranked 80th, not 72nd, which makes things look even worse for Alabama.




Kansas State almost lost to a pathetic Miami team. Okay I'll give you that. Arkansas had to come from behind to beat an average Vanderbilt team and a pathetic Ole Miss team. Arkansas just isn't that good.

And if you look at things objectively, the Iowa State loss isn't as bad as people think. Yes, Iowa State lost six games. But to whom? (24) Texas, (13) Baylor, (25) Missouri, (29) Texas A&M, (16) Oklahoma State, and (8) Kansas State. That is a tough schedule. Iowa State is ranked 32. Let's not try to make it seem like OK State lost to Florida Atlantic. They lost to a team slightly better than Florida. Had Alabama's loss been to Florida, you guys would be screaming "Oh the SEC is so good! Every game is tough." But since it's the Big 12, you brush it off like it's a terrible loss.

The media and computers have put together this myth that the Big-12 schedule was tough... it's not. Mainly due to teams like Texas, Texas A&M, etc. being so overrated to begin with. Even Herbstreit said that he thought the SEC schedule was tougher, and the BCS standings support it.

That conference plays ZERO defense, and all they typically do is fall in big OOC games anyway.... especially against the SEC.


If Alabama lost to a 6-6 team, we wouldn't be deserving of a national title shot either. I've never heard of a team playing for a national title after losing to a .500 team.

I've yet to hear Coach Gundy or any Oklahoma St. people take responsibility for the opportunity they blew when all they had to do was beat Iowa St. Instead, all I hear is a bunch of whining about how unfair everything is.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:34 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 12,571
Reputation: 4129633
jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post
This whole Oklahoma St. thing was nothing more than a media creation. Stanford has a better claim to #2 than Oklahoma St. does... A loss to Oregon vs. a loss to Iowa St. That's not even close in the realm of reality... but I digress...
Sorry for the double post... but since when does who you lose to become the only measuring stick for how good a team is? Look who Stanford beat:

(30) Notre Dame
(42) Washington
(45) California
(50) UCLA
(71) Arizona
(85) Oregon State
(86) San Jose State
(87) Washington State
(89) Colorado
(98) Duke
USC is unranked but their computer average is 10. Oklahoma State's worst win is better than Stanford's 7th best win. The average ranking of OSU's wins is 25 spots better than Stanford. And Stanford didn't just lose to Oregon. They got blown out of the water at home. OK State lost at home. And nobody has mentioned it yet, but the field goal the Cowboys missed may have actually been good. It went right over the goal post. It was extremely close and may have actually slipped in there. Referees do make mistakes.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:45 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 12,571
Reputation: 4129633
jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post
The media and computers have put together this myth that the Big-12 schedule was tough... it's not. Mainly due to teams like Texas, Texas A&M, etc. being so overrated to begin with. Even Herbstreit said that he thought the SEC schedule was tougher, and the BCS standings support it.

That conference plays ZERO defense, and all they typically do is fall in big OOC games anyway.... especially against the SEC.


If Alabama lost to a 6-6 team, we wouldn't be deserving of a national title shot either. I've never heard of a team playing for a national title after losing to a .500 team.

I've yet to hear Coach Gundy or any Oklahoma St. people take responsibility for the opportunity they blew when all they had to do was beat Iowa St. Instead, all I hear is a bunch of whining about how unfair everything is.
Oh since Kirk Herbsteit said the SEC schedule is tougher, it has to be true because Herbstreit is never wrong.

The 3rd best SEC team (Arkansas) almost lost to 7th best Big 12 team (the OVERRATED Texas A&M team). What signature out of conference wins does the SEC have after you take out LSU? Alabama beating the 5th best Big 10 school who has absolutely no offense? Really impressive.

Who cares if the conference plays no defense. The SEC play no offense! Look at the QBs in the SEC. Tyler Wilson is good, I'll give you that. Aaron Murray is above average, but he would be at best the 5th best QB in the Big 12. Tyler Bray is good but he was injured for more than half of the season. No other QB in that conference is going to even sniff a starting job in the NFL. Of course your defenses look great when you are playing horrendous QBs.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:59 AM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Capstone
Posts: 1,066
Reputation: 89136
JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Oh since Kirk Herbsteit said the SEC schedule is tougher, it has to be true because Herbstreit is never wrong.

The 3rd best SEC team (Arkansas) almost lost to 7th best Big 12 team (the OVERRATED Texas A&M team). What signature out of conference wins does the SEC have after you take out LSU? Alabama beating the 5th best Big 10 school who has absolutely no offense? Really impressive.

Who cares if the conference plays no defense. The SEC play no offense! Look at the QBs in the SEC. Tyler Wilson is good, I'll give you that. Aaron Murray is above average, but he would be at best the 5th best QB in the Big 12. Tyler Bray is good but he was injured for more than half of the season. No other QB in that conference is going to even sniff a starting job in the NFL. Of course your defenses look great when you are playing horrendous QBs.

The 4th or 5th best team in the SEC (South Carolina) absolutely dismantled the ACC Conference Champion (Clemson) two weeks ago.

The SEC does play offense, there's more to offense than having a stat padding quarterback.... ask Mack Brown and Colt McCoy. Texas had the "#1 rushing D" in the country when they played Bama in the title game.... both Alabama's running backs rushed for over 100 yards against 'em.

Ask Bob Stoops and Sam Bradford.. ask Bob Stoops and Jason White.

Ask Mike Leach and whoever his QB was when Bama's defense held them to 10 points in the Cotton Bowl in 2005... the lowest point total they'd been held to since 2001.

What do all these high flying, high scoring, Big-12 offenses/coaches/QB's have in common? They were all shut down by SEC defenses.

Ask Jim Tressell and Troy Smith. Ask Dennis Erickson and Geno Toretta.

Remember when Oklahoma's offense in 2003 was referred to as the best ever? I do. They scored 14 points on one of the worst Bama teams in the past 50 years (4-9 record)... and needed a fake punt to score 20.

That same offense was held to 14 points by LSU in the national championship game. Go look at the scores they posted against everybody else.

Aaron Murray couldn't even surpass A.J. McCarron's performance against LSU's defense, and he's the biggest stat compiling QB in the SEC along with Tyler Wilson. How'd it workout for Wilson when he faced Bama and LSU's defenses?

I don't 'think'... I KNOW what wins when the moment of truth arrives and it's time to face an elite SEC defense.

They. Will. Be. Shut. Down.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:05 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 12,571
Reputation: 4129633
jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Okay, so the 5th best SEC team beat the ACC Championship. How does that make the SEC better than the Big 12. Look, Alabama might be the second best team in country. I don't know. What I do know is LSU already beat them. Having LSU play Oklahoma State would show once and for all who the best team is. The rematch doesn't do that. If Alabama somehow beats LSU, at least three teams have a legitimate claim to number one.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:19 AM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Capstone
Posts: 1,066
Reputation: 89136
JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Okay, so the 5th best SEC team beat the ACC Championship. How does that make the SEC better than the Big 12. Look, Alabama might be the second best team in country. I don't know. What I do know is LSU already beat them. Having LSU play Oklahoma State would show once and for all who the best team is. The rematch doesn't do that. If Alabama somehow beats LSU, at least three teams have a legitimate claim to number one.

Disagree with that. There's honestly no point in continuing a circular argument with someone who simply doesn't understand the difference in quality between the SEC and the Big-12.

Either LSU or Alabama will be the national champion come January. You can argue amongst yourselves which 4 or 5 teams from other conferences you'd rather have seen get blown out...

We'll do it all again next year.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:34 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,421
Reputation: 122376
bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

LSU played the toughest schedule in College football in the toughest conference. They went 13-0. Alabama played them in a 1vs 2 match up where it was a toss up honestly. Lost by 3 to LSU in over time.

Oklahoma State loses to Iowa State? And they think there resume is better than Alabama's? Sure Bama didn't win there conference, but it's not there fault that the top 2 teams in the country play in the same conference. The Big 12 compeition is no where near the level of the SEC. The SEC has produced the National Champion for what, 5 straight years. This will be 6.

I understand no one wants to see a rematch, but we don't want to see a blowout either. Oklahoma State cannot match up with either LSU or ALabama, yet so many think they deserve a shot because they won there conference and we already saw them play? No. Football championships are the top 2 teams playing each other, no matter what.

The BCS committee got this game right, however the Sugar Bowl might be a different story.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:34 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 12,571
Reputation: 4129633
jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post
Disagree with that. There's honestly no point in continuing a circular argument with someone who simply doesn't understand the difference in quality between the SEC and the Big-12.

Either LSU or Alabama will be the national champion come January. You can argue amongst yourselves which 4 or 5 teams from other conferences you'd rather have seen get blown out...

We'll do it all again next year.
This isn't a circular argument. It is a legitimate question. If Alabama wins, let's say 14-10. Who would you vote number one? Alabama won the National Championship. LSU won on Alabama's home turf and has a better overall resume. And if Oklahoma State curb stomps Stanford, they have a legitimate claim to be number one as well. LSU-Alabama in no way settles the debate about who is number one. LSU-Oklahoma State absolutely would.

People arguing for Oklahoma State have an argument based in fact. Oklahoma State beat more ranked teams. Oklahoma State beat more teams with winning records. Oklahoma State beat teams with a higher average ranking. People arguing for Alabama are using feelings and thoughts. You think Alabama is better because they are in the SEC. You feel the SEC is the best because it was the best the last few years. Well you know what, the last few years don't mean ****. The last two years, the best etams have been Florida and Auburn and both those teams suck this year. Why? Because what happened the last two years has absolutely no bearing on this season. So you take your thoughts and feelings. I'll take my facts. And my facts say Oklahoma State has a better resume than Alabama and should be playing in the National Championship.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:41 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 12,571
Reputation: 4129633
jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Oklahoma State loses to Iowa State? And they think there resume is better than Alabama's? Sure Bama didn't win there conference, but it's not there fault that the top 2 teams in the country play in the same conference. The Big 12 compeition is no where near the level of the SEC. The SEC has produced the National Champion for what, 5 straight years. This will be 6.
So Oklahoma State's resume is worse than Alabama's just because of one loss. Even though everything else about OK State's resume is better? Let's make this a real life example.

In college, I worked as a cashier. I ended up graduating from a decent college Magna Cum Laude. I now have three years of experience working in Logistics. Let's say some other guy worked at a bank through college. He graduated with a 2.8 GPA from a slightly worse college and has six months working in Logistics. We both apply for a job in the logistics field. Should he get because comparing the worst aspects of our resume, working at a bank is better than being a cashier? Or should I get the job because outside of one aspect, my resume is substantially better.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:56 AM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Capstone
Posts: 1,066
Reputation: 89136
JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
This isn't a circular argument. It is a legitimate question. If Alabama wins, let's say 14-10. Who would you vote number one? Alabama won the National Championship. LSU won on Alabama's home turf and has a better overall resume. And if Oklahoma State curb stomps Stanford, they have a legitimate claim to be number one as well. LSU-Alabama in no way settles the debate about who is number one. LSU-Oklahoma State absolutely would.

People arguing for Oklahoma State have an argument based in fact. Oklahoma State beat more ranked teams. Oklahoma State beat more teams with winning records. Oklahoma State beat teams with a higher average ranking. People arguing for Alabama are using feelings and thoughts. You think Alabama is better because they are in the SEC. You feel the SEC is the best because it was the best the last few years. Well you know what, the last few years don't mean ****. The last two years, the best etams have been Florida and Auburn and both those teams suck this year. Why? Because what happened the last two years has absolutely no bearing on this season. So you take your thoughts and feelings. I'll take my facts. And my facts say Oklahoma State has a better resume than Alabama and should be playing in the National Championship.

If Alabama beats LSU 14-10, I'd vote Alabama #1. Okie St. vs. LSU doesn't settle who's the #1 team if LSU blows Okie St. out, and Bama goes on to throttle someone else in a BCS bowl.

Alabama had to beat Florida twice in 1999... once in the regular season and again in the SEC title game. If Florida had beaten Bama in the SEC title game, they would've been the undisputed SEC champs... wouldn't have mattered that Bama beat them in the regular season.

The same logic applies here.


The first things I thought of when Gundy posed the question, "everyone has to decide if they'd rather see a 9-6 game, or a 39-36 game" was the following:

1. I'd rather see a 9-6 game

2. You can't score 30 points on LSU... it'd be more like a 39-6 game.

3. That's not the criteria for the BCS.



I'd like to know when college football became the WWE to some folks. It's about the two best teams playing for the national championship.

It doesn't matter that Nick Saban isn't going to run across the field and hit Les Miles with a folding chair. The bottom line is the two best teams in the country will battle it out for the rights to be the champ.

Oklahoma St. didn't have an argument the instant they lost to a 27 point underdog when they had their own destiny in their hands.

The "facts" are that Alabama and LSU will play in New Orleans in January, and Oklahoma St. will play Stanford for the right to claim who's #2 if LSU wins, or who's #3 if Alabama wins.

Last edited by JHL6719 : 12-05-2011 at 09:58 AM.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:04 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 12,571
Reputation: 4129633
jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

LSU beat Alabama AT ALABAMA!!!!!! They are the better team. We don't need another game to determine this. LSU has not played OK State. If LSU beat OK State, it would be obvious. LSU number one. Alabama number two. I OK State beat LSU, it would be obvious. OK state number one. LSU number 2. Alabama number three.

You just aren't getting this. If Alabama beats LSU by a small margin, how can you say categorically they are number one. Even if Bama won, I think I would still vote LSU number one because they won on the road against Alabama. The BCS is meant to categorically prove who number one is. The rematch will not do this, no matter what the outcome is.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:10 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Moderator
Icon
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Clear eyes. Full hearts. Can't lose.
Posts: 19,895
Reputation: 913130
diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
LSU beat Alabama AT ALABAMA!!!!!! They are the better team. We don't need another game to determine this. LSU has not played OK State. If LSU beat OK State, it would be obvious. LSU number one. Alabama number two. I OK State beat LSU, it would be obvious. OK state number one. LSU number 2. Alabama number three.

You just aren't getting this. If Alabama beats LSU by a small margin, how can you say categorically they are number one. Even if Bama won, I think I would still vote LSU number one because they won on the road against Alabama. The BCS is meant to categorically prove who number one is. The rematch will not do this, no matter what the outcome is.
But it's in the National Championship so it counts for more than a regular season game. Duh!

C'mon, man, Alabama plays in the SEC so they are already superior than Oklahoma State, then they didn't lose a game until they played LSU who is their only loss. The fact they lost at home is irrelevant. Oklahoma State lost to Iowa State. I mean, it's Iowa State. They've sucked for years. Oh wait, they're going to a bowl game this year? Well, that's just because there are too many bowl games. Oklahoma State lost to Iowa State! Really? I didn't think they played football at Iowa State.

It's Alabama. Bear Bryant coached there and he's like the best coach ever! Of course they deserve to play in the national championship game vs LSU. It's like the SEC and no one else because no one else can play football. Defense wins championships! The SEC plays defense so the SEC wins championships! High powered offenses are for pussies that can't play defense.

SEC! SEC! SEC!
__________________

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude

Last edited by diabsoule : 12-05-2011 at 10:13 AM.
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:17 AM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Capstone
Posts: 1,066
Reputation: 89136
JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
LSU beat Alabama AT ALABAMA!!!!!! They are the better team. We don't need another game to determine this. LSU has not played OK State. If LSU beat OK State, it would be obvious. LSU number one. Alabama number two. I OK State beat LSU, it would be obvious. OK state number one. LSU number 2. Alabama number three.

You just aren't getting this. If Alabama beats LSU by a small margin, how can you say categorically they are number one. Even if Bama won, I think I would still vote LSU number one because they won on the road against Alabama. The BCS is meant to categorically prove who number one is. The rematch will not do this, no matter what the outcome is.

No it's not. The BCS is mean to get the two best teams playing in the BCS title game. Not the two best conference champions.... Not two undefeated teams, etc.. It's meant to get the two best teams matched up in the title game... which it did.

The BCS is like a cat. You can take it and toss it into the air and do anything else you want with it... but 9 times out of 10 it's going to land on it's feet.

Beating Bama in Alabama has nothing to do with it. The road team typically comes out on top in this rivalry anyway. It doesn't matter if they play in Baton Rouge, Tuscaloosa.... or a parking lot in White Plains, New York... the game is just about going to come down to a field goal every time.

You're right about Okie St. hasn't played LSU yet, and they're not going to because they lost to an unranked team that was a 27 point underdog... that's what you don't get.

I understand any debate that is conjured up as to who the best team is between Alabama and LSU if Bama beats them in the rematch... but it still won't matter when you get right down to the brass tacks of it.

What I don't understand is any debate as to who the two best teams in the country are. It's LSU and it's Alabama rather comfortably.

Last edited by JHL6719 : 12-05-2011 at 10:21 AM.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:24 AM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Capstone
Posts: 1,066
Reputation: 89136
JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Furthermore, the Big-12 made their own bed in all this when they opposed the +1 playoff scenario that the SEC proposed in 2008.

Time to lay in it.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Dagagad
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 190
Reputation: 2710
Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.
Default

http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=312670277

The boxscore from LSU-WVU. WVU put 530 yards on LSU and they run the same offense as OSU with less talented players. that game was closer than people think too. I think OSU could put up 30 points on LSU.

However I do believe that Bama is the better team. But that is based on the eye test rather than any hard facts from this season. They haven';t really beat anyone I would consider that great. I thought Michigan was the better team in 2006. Florida proved me wrong, OSU is not getting that chance and that is unfair.
Dagagad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:30 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,693
Reputation: 68586
jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I hope LSU kills Alabama and its a blowout.
And I hate this whole "Big 12 doesn't play defense".
Offenses in the Big 12 are outstanding, and they rely on rhythm and timing. You take a month off, and yeah they are going to be off.
I mean heck wasn't Florida averaging a **** ton of points in 2008? Oklahoma's "No Defense" held Florida in check.

I think Oklahoma State would be a good matchup with LSU. I'd like to see that more than a rematch of Alabama and LSU.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:34 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,421
Reputation: 122376
bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

The two best teams are playing for the National Championships. That is clear. So many people don't want to see a rematch because they believe Bama had there shot.

So what. You can't complain about OKlahoma State when they go out and lose to a below average team in Iowa State. Alabama's only loss came to the number 1 team in the country and it was by 3 points.

Even if Oklahoma State goes out and beats Stanford Comfortably, that still won't change my opinion. Oregon blew Stanford out on Stanfords home turf. Does that make them on the same level as Oklahoma State?


People want a playoff system because of this. How about this: If they did an 8 team playoff, I gurantee you the last two teams left standing for the National Championship game would be BAMA/LSU. They're just above the rest and frankly, it's not very close. Oklahoma State is probably a distant 3 from Bama right now.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:35 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,421
Reputation: 122376
bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
I hope LSU kills Alabama and its a blowout.
And I hate this whole "Big 12 doesn't play defense". Offenses in the Big 12 are outstanding, and they rely on rhythm and timing. You take a month off, and yeah they are going to be off.
I mean heck wasn't Florida averaging a **** ton of points in 2008? Oklahoma's "No Defense" held Florida in check.

I think Oklahoma State would be a good matchup with LSU. I'd like to see that more than a rematch of Alabama and LSU.
Texas has the best defense in the Big 12, and Baylor dropped 49 points on them. If the Big 12 "Plays" defense, it's obviously not very good.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:37 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 12,571
Reputation: 4129633
jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
But it's in the National Championship so it counts for more than a regular season game. Duh!

C'mon, man, Alabama plays in the SEC so they are already superior than Oklahoma State, then they didn't lose a game until they played LSU who is their only loss. The fact they lost at home is irrelevant. Oklahoma State lost to Iowa State. I mean, it's Iowa State. They've sucked for years. Oh wait, they're going to a bowl game this year? Well, that's just because there are too many bowl games. Oklahoma State lost to Iowa State! Really? I didn't think they played football at Iowa State.

It's Alabama. Bear Bryant coached there and he's like the best coach ever! Of course they deserve to play in the national championship game vs LSU. It's like the SEC and no one else because no one else can play football. Defense wins championships! The SEC plays defense so the SEC wins championships! High powered offenses are for pussies that can't play defense.

SEC! SEC! SEC!
You sound like 90% of the people in my office this morning. The sad part is they are 100% serious while you are (at least i seriously hope you are) being sarcastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post
No it's not. The BCS is mean to get the two best teams playing in the BCS title game. Not the two best conference champions.... Not two undefeated teams, etc.. It's meant to get the two best teams matched up in the title game... which it did.

The BCS is like a cat. You can take it and toss it into the air and do anything else you want with it... but 9 times out of 10 it's going to land on it's feet.

Beating Bama in Alabama has nothing to do with it. The road team typically comes out on top in this rivalry anyway. It doesn't matter if they play in Baton Rouge, Tuscaloosa.... or a parking lot in White Plains, New York... the game is just about going to come down to a field goal every time.

You're right about Okie St. hasn't played LSU yet, and they're not going to because they lost to an unranked team that was a 27 point underdog... that's what you don't get.

I understand any debate that is conjured up as to who the best team is between Alabama and LSU if Bama beats them in the rematch... but it still won't matter when you get right down to the brass tacks of it.

What I don't understand is any debate as to who the two best teams in the country are. It's LSU and it's Alabama rather comfortably.
No, the BCS is meant to prove who number one is. After Michigan and Nebraska split the National Title, fans were clamoring for this to never have a split national title again. So the NCAA created the BCS. Maybe you are too young to remember the 1997 season. But that is why the BCS was created.

Yes, if you put the top two teams together, you are usually going to prove who the best team is. But that is not what is happening this year. OK State has the tougher schedule, better wins, and more good wins. Alabama plays in the SEC. I say OK State is the better team because they have the better resume. You say Alabama is better because you think they look better just watching them. Well you know what. In 2006, everybody watching the games thought Ohio State was by far the best team in the country. Florida killed them. In 2005, most people thought USC was the better team, but Texas won the game. In 2002, nobody gave Ohio State a chance. Miami was one of the best college teams of all time. Who won that game?

That is why this is so dumb. Nearly every objective fact says Oklahoma State is better. Out of 11 wins, OK State has a 10-1 advantage over Alabama in terms of the opponent's ranking. But Alabama is the number two teams because we subjectively say they look better. That is just wrong.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:39 AM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Capstone
Posts: 1,066
Reputation: 89136
JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagagad View Post
http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=312670277

The boxscore from LSU-WVU. WVU put 530 yards on LSU and they run the same offense as OSU with less talented players. that game was closer than people think too. I think OSU could put up 30 points on LSU.

However I do believe that Bama is the better team. But that is based on the eye test rather than any hard facts from this season. They haven';t really beat anyone I would consider that great. I thought Michigan was the better team in 2006. Florida proved me wrong, OSU is not getting that chance and that is unfair.

John Chavis started playing a soft Cover-2 on defense due to being up 3 scores. They were letting WV complete all those underneath throws.

Hell, it took throwing it 65 times to get those yards.

What's going to happen when you throw it time and time again against LSU's defense is exactly what you saw with Oregon and WV... turnovers.

You will not beat LSU throwing it 40+ times. You're playing right into exactly what they want you to do. It's no coincidence that both those games were blowouts.

You've got to be balanced in order to beat LSU or Bama. The problem is that the Big-12/WVU/etc... can't match up at the line of scrimmage in order to be balanced against that caliber of defense.

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that Okie Light can't score 30 points on LSU... literally.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:39 AM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 828
Reputation: 71359
fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post
What I don't understand is any debate as to who the two best teams in the country are. It's LSU and it's Alabama rather comfortably.
Unless there is a playoff of all 1-loss teams, this is conjecture. That's your problem, you aren't basing anything in fact. The only facts you are presenting is that the SEC is historically strong (irrelevant to this year) and that OSU lost to Iowa State.
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:45 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: 804
Posts: 7,694
Reputation: 263811
JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I wonder if everyone boycotted when the BCS had five unbeatens and only 2 got to play for it? Or how about when Auburn got left out?? Did anyone go on a tyrant when Oregon got left out or when USC did or it just wasn't that serious then.....any other year I'd feel for OSU but not this year. Oh and those teams mentioned earlier I clearly had Texas & Ohio State winning so that worked out well lol.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:48 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 12,571
Reputation: 4129633
jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
The two best teams are playing for the National Championships. That is clear. So many people don't want to see a rematch because they believe Bama had there shot.

So what. You can't complain about OKlahoma State when they go out and lose to a below average team in Iowa State. Alabama's only loss came to the number 1 team in the country and it was by 3 points.

Even if Oklahoma State goes out and beats Stanford Comfortably, that still won't change my opinion. Oregon blew Stanford out on Stanfords home turf. Does that make them on the same level as Oklahoma State?


People want a playoff system because of this. How about this: If they did an 8 team playoff, I gurantee you the last two teams left standing for the National Championship game would be BAMA/LSU. They're just above the rest and frankly, it's not very close. Oklahoma State is probably a distant 3 from Bama right now.
It isn't clear at all that Alabama is number 2. OSU has better wins and more wins against good teams. Iowa State is not a below average team. They are ranked 32 in the BCS. That is better than 8 of the teams Alabama played.

If Oklahoma State loses to Stanford, I will gladly come back and say I was wrong. If SEC blows through the bowl season with a 7-2 record. I'll admit that the SEC, even in their weakest season in a while, is still the best team. But OK State wins by a healthy margin and if the SEC finishes the bowl season 4-5 like I expect, I hope you guys will do the same. Admit that maybe Oklahoma State could have competed with LSU. Admit that maybe, just maybe, top-to-bottom, the SEC isn't the best this season.

But I think this argument has stalled. My facts, statistics, and rankings are not going to convince you because you are dead set in the belief that the SEC is the best. And you saying the SEC is the best because they just pass the eye ball test is not going to convince me because living in the heart of SEC country, I have seen far too many completely inept Florida, Vanderbilt, Auburn, and Tennessee games this year to call that a great conference.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:48 AM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Capstone
Posts: 1,066
Reputation: 89136
JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fear the elf View Post
Unless there is a playoff of all 1-loss teams, this is conjecture. That's your problem, you aren't basing anything in fact. The only facts you are presenting is that the SEC is historically strong (irrelevant to this year) and that OSU lost to Iowa State.

FACT: The SEC proposed a +1 playoff in 2008.

FACT: The Big-12 wanted no part of it.



I've yet to hear a damn thing that makes Oklahoma St. a superior team to Alabama.

Time is running out...
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:57 AM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Capstone
Posts: 1,066
Reputation: 89136
JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
It isn't clear at all that Alabama is number 2. OSU has better wins and more wins against good teams. Iowa State is not a below average team. They are ranked 32 in the BCS. That is better than 8 of the teams Alabama played.

If Oklahoma State loses to Stanford, I will gladly come back and say I was wrong. If SEC blows through the bowl season with a 7-2 record. I'll admit that the SEC, even in their weakest season in a while, is still the best team. But OK State wins by a healthy margin and if the SEC finishes the bowl season 4-5 like I expect, I hope you guys will do the same. Admit that maybe Oklahoma State could have competed with LSU. Admit that maybe, just maybe, top-to-bottom, the SEC isn't the best this season.

But I think this argument has stalled. My facts, statistics, and rankings are not going to convince you because you are dead set in the belief that the SEC is the best. And you saying the SEC is the best because they just pass the eye ball test is not going to convince me because living in the heart of SEC country, I have seen far too many completely inept Florida, Vanderbilt, Auburn, and Tennessee games this year to call that a great conference.

When Baylor, Oklahoma St., and Kansas St. are carrying the conference, the Big-12 is WEAK as WATER.

Oklahoma, Texas, and Texas A&M are the 3 bellcows and are all pitiful.

Iowa St.'s 6 wins are against Northern Iowa, Iowa, Texas Tech, Kansas, UCONN, and Oklahoma St.

The SEC is still the strongest conference even when the rest of the conference is slightly down. Hell, 3 of the top 6 teams in the country are in the SAME DIVISION within the SEC.

They've beaten the Pac-10 champ, Big-East Champ, and ACC champ all in blowouts.

Find a clue man, seriously.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.