Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cleveland Browns Team Forum

Cleveland Browns Team Forum Discuss the Browns

Old 11-07-2011, 10:50 PM    (permalink
mcdlaxbonz13
Veteran

mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default 2012 Draft Thread

Figured it's never to soon to start talking about the draft and what direction we should be looking to draft.

I personally think the first two rounds should be solely dedicated to the offense. If we could some how end up with Justin Blackmon with our pick that would be great. After that I personally wouldn't mind us drafting O-Linemen to complete our line. I also think we will be looking at taking a RB at some point since Peyton is most likely not returning.

What do you guys hope/think/want to happen in the upcoming draft?

Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.
mcdlaxbonz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Qb, Qb, Qb
Old 11-08-2011, 06:19 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if we don't get a QB (we'd probably have to trade up to get one) we desperately need to address the right side of the offensive line and the wide receiver position.

With those 3 areas in mind, here are some first round possiblities:

Andrew Luck (would have to trade the farm to get him)
Matt Barkley
Landry Jones
Robert Griffin III
Justin Blackmon
Michael Floyd
Alshon Jeffery
Mohamed Sanu
Matt Kalil
Riley Reiff
Jonathan Martin
Mike Adams
David DeCastro
Cordy Glenn

at least one of those guys - get em, tom.

I'm not sold on the idea of Ryan Tannehill being anything more than a 2nd round project at this point, and we don't need those, we need 1st rounders with big upside that are less of a risk.

Last edited by keylime_5 : 11-08-2011 at 06:22 PM.
keylime_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Tannehill more than Griffin or Jones. Strikes me as a slightly more talented Joe Flacco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:38 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ugh, top 5 pick here we come.

if we lose the rest of our games and get the #2 pick behind only Indianapolis i'm gonna do something very bad to indianapolis and peyton manning. we suffer for years without a franchise QB and Indy has one of the best ever and getting to replace him seamlessly with the top QB prospect in over a decade is bs.

Last edited by keylime_5 : 11-13-2011 at 11:41 PM.
keylime_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take a shot with Barkley, he is clearly at this point in the process, the #2 guy and a top 5 prospect. However, we may well be drafting 8-12 range and may have to accept the #3 QB prospect if he is good enough and I'm not sure who that is right now.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Andrew Luck - no chance
Matt Barkley - I pray we get a shot
Landry Jones - may have to accept the #3 guy
Robert Griffin III - ditto
Justin Blackmon - possible if no QB is available
Michael Floyd - love him but huge character issues
Alshon Jeffery - not a sure 1st rounder, fat and slow
Mohamed Sanu - not sure he is a 1st rounder
Matt Kalil - LT type, not what we need.
Riley Reiff - borderline 1st rounder?????
Jonathan Martin -Stanford OL exposed by Oregon????
Mike Adams - more of a LT type
David DeCastro -See Martin
Cordy Glenn - overweight fat guy who will struggle to stay in shape at the next level.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:37 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

With our first pick I want a QB or WR. It is nice to build a great defense (especially in this division) but we've ignored the offense long enough. Blackmon, Floyd, Barkley, Griffin, or Jones and I'll be happy even though I'm not sold on a couple of those guys.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:48 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

I won't be shocked if they pass on a QB and look for more line help. McCoy is a Holmgren type of QB and he may well give him 1 more year to prove himself.
He may also look again at round 2 for that WR. I won't be surprised to see him go OL, DL or LB in the draft, OL to help McCoy, DL or LBer to help the defense get more dominating.
I don't agree with it but I see this as a very strong possibility.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:32 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

If we decided to add some top talent to our O-Line early in the draft I would not be against it - especially in a year where we will have 2 first round picks and a high second round pick. Addressing the offensive and defensive lines with premium picks is a strategy that rarely fails, esp. in our division where physical line play and running/stopping the run is the name of the game. That said I am still hoping for this draft to drastically change our passing offense for the better.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Al Capwn
Rookie

Al Capwn smells like sex panther.

Blackmon and Decastro would be my dream first round. Then hopefully Burfect falls to the second round and we can get a steal there.
Al Capwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:58 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think about my work in the forum mock.

Moves:

6. Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma
Traded 16 and 38 for 9 and 71
9. Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
71. Juron Criner, WR, Arizona
75. Donnie Fletcher, CB, Boston College
106. Jarius Wright, WR, Arkansas
114. Miles Burris, OLB, San Diego State

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^A potential franchise QB and Richardson is cake.

First round graded QBs current player comparisons imo..

Luck - Eli Manning with better mobility.

Barkley - Smaller armed Stafford.

Landry Jones - Matt Hasselback.

Griffin - Mike Vick.

Tannehill - Joe Flacco.

Tyler Wilson - Matt Ryan.

Which would you want?

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Al Capwn
Rookie

Luck and Barkley
Old 11-29-2011, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Al Capwn
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post

Moves:

I would be happy with that, but I think making mock trades is a waste of time honestly. You just end up throwing too many variables into the thought process.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Al Capwn
Rookie

I was thinking about it some more and I'm not sure I like the later rounds at all. I'm not sure where we're improving the team. Another 6th round WR, no OL help (I think we need 3 positions filled. Pashos sucks, Lauvao I would like to see replaced, Pinkston has played better than expected I could see him moving to RT). We need LBer help, desperately need DLine help (a starter and depth). I think Richardson will be a stud but I'm just never a fan of drafting one with a 1st round pick. I still say I wouldn't have pulled the trigger on AP even if he didn't have injury concerns.

Perhaps I guess this depends on your opinion of Landry Jones. Granted I tend to always be harsh on QBs and I don't think Colt is the guy, but of the games I've seen Landry play which is a fair amount I'm just never impressed. So I guess I'm asking what do you see that you like?

After watching AJ Green kill the browns last sunday, convinced me that stud playmakers can make a QB look great, and no playmakers can make one look terrible (unless his name is Tom Brady). I'm not sure a 3rd round WR and a 6th round WR will be an upgrade. You think those WRs are the upgrade we need?
Old 11-29-2011, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Capwn View Post
I was thinking about it some more and I'm not sure I like the later rounds at all. I'm not sure where we're improving the team. Another 6th round WR, no OL help (I think we need 3 positions filled. Pashos sucks, Lauvao I would like to see replaced, Pinkston has played better than expected I could see him moving to RT). We need LBer help, desperately need DLine help (a starter and depth). I think Richardson will be a stud but I'm just never a fan of drafting one with a 1st round pick. I still say I wouldn't have pulled the trigger on AP even if he didn't have injury concerns.

Perhaps I guess this depends on your opinion of Landry Jones. Granted I tend to always be harsh on QBs and I don't think Colt is the guy, but of the games I've seen Landry play which is a fair amount I'm just never impressed. So I guess I'm asking what do you see that you like?

After watching AJ Green kill the browns last sunday, convinced me that stud playmakers can make a QB look great, and no playmakers can make one look terrible (unless his name is Tom Brady). I'm not sure a 3rd round WR and a 6th round WR will be an upgrade. You think those WRs are the upgrade we need?
It goes both ways. Dalton is having a phenomenal year. His accuracy, timing and arm strength are making those spectacular catches possible. At the same time, Green can seemingly catch everything-Simpson would be a #1 WR on a lot of teams and Gresham is a #1 type rec option.

I agree with most of your first part but I'm sorry, In hindsight I would take AP over Joe Thomas.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.

Last edited by Brown Leader : 11-29-2011 at 07:07 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:57 PM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Moves:

Full disclosure, I don't usually start familiarizing myself with the prospects (except the first rounders) until the draft process begins. That being said, I will just focus on the top of the draft...

I'm not a fan of the Landry Jones pick. We basically have the same guy already, except Colt is more athletic. Both guys are from a spread attack (read: masks deficiencies) and have questionable arm strength (more disclosure: I think Colt deserves another year with a couple young weapons).

Also, I'd rather not trade a second rounder to move up a few spots. This roster is bereft of talent, I think having a 2nd rd over a 3rd rd pick has more impact than the 9th vs. 16th pick.

Ideally I'd like to see some form of OL and WR/RB with the first two picks. Something like DeCastro and Floyd (not sure about his off-field stuff though) or Richardson and Reiff.

That's my $0.02
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:46 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fear the elf View Post
Full disclosure, I don't usually start familiarizing myself with the prospects (except the first rounders) until the draft process begins. That being said, I will just focus on the top of the draft...

I'm not a fan of the Landry Jones pick. We basically have the same guy already, except Colt is more athletic. Both guys are from a spread attack (read: masks deficiencies) and have questionable arm strength (more disclosure: I think Colt deserves another year with a couple young weapons).

Also, I'd rather not trade a second rounder to move up a few spots. This roster is bereft of talent, I think having a 2nd rd over a 3rd rd pick has more impact than the 9th vs. 16th pick.

For the record, I wouldn't make the Landry pick again. Since I made that selection, Landry hasn't played nearly as well.

Ideally I'd like to see some form of OL and WR/RB with the first two picks. Something like DeCastro and Floyd (not sure about his off-field stuff though) or Richardson and Reiff.

That's my $0.02
Landry is not similar to Colt at all. Landry is 3 inches taller, has a rocket arm and weighs at least 10 pounds more. And the Oklahoma spread is more like the Patriots' scheme than Texas's.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:35 PM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Landry is not similar to Colt at all. Landry is 3 inches taller, has a rocket arm and weighs at least 10 pounds more. And the Oklahoma spread is more like the Patriots' scheme than Texas's.
I've never heard anyone else say Landry Jones has a "rocket arm". A lot of people consider him a JAG with a good supporting cast. From what I understand they both have average arm strength and good accuracy (Colt's being better). Landry is bigger but less athletic.

In regards to scheme, even if that's true, the Patriot's scheme isn't incredibly vertical; I don't think it changes my point.
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 03:05 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

I think it is still possible that either Barkley or RG111 will be available at 6-9 and a trade up may prove unnecessary. The Combine will decide which of RG111 or Barkley is the better prospect. I think RG111 is definitely on the rise which could cause Barkley to be within range of where we draft, so a trade might definitely have to be done or he might fall to us anyways.
I think Jones is on the decline and will need a solid combine to stay anywhere near the top 15-20 picks.
I would hope that we gamble on a RB later in round 2/3 than take Richardson and look for a WR with our next 1st rounder so our new QB has a #1 target to work with. Usually if you have a solid LT and draft a QB, you stick to the offensive side of the ball and finish rebuilding that side before looking to improve the defense.
Our defense will improve anyways with added experience but our offense needs a transfusion desperately if we want to compete.

If we don't have to give up picks to get Barkley, then our draft could look something like this:
1) Barkley - I definitely can see him somewhere close to where we draft if RG111 passes him in the rankings.
1) Floyd - probably the #1 WR in the draft but will fall some because of past injuries and some character issues.
2) RB - there will be somebody decent I'm sure.
3) RT or an OG
4) Best DE available if a good prospect is available or DB
5) Best DB available or a pass receiving TE

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 12-05-2011 at 03:08 AM.
Iamcanadian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:16 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

put me down for...

1a- BPA
1b- BPA
2 - BPA
3 - BPA
4a- BPA
4b- BPA
etc...

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Al Capwn
Rookie

I'm starting to think Barkley/Richardson then go DeCastro (and pray he's there). then in the 2nd round try to land a WR like Brian Quick, a guy I'm starting to like more and more. Burfect were to fall to the second I'd be happy with that as well.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:53 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

I have a sneaking suspicion that Barkley returns for his senior year. That won't be a problem if we can get Robert Griffin III instead. Kid has the potential to be the new face of our city from a sports standpoint.

RD1-QB (Barkley or RGIII)
RD1-OL, DE, CB, or WR
RD2-OL, DE, CB, or WR
RD3-OL, CB, LB, S, or RB
Old 12-06-2011, 08:27 AM    (permalink
Al Capwn
Rookie

Depends on your opinion of RGIII. I'm not a fan, too short/small for the AFC North. Not a believer in him staying healthy either.