Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-05-2007, 03:23 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
DMWsackmachine your such a homer and a romosexual.

Romo struggled down the stretch a great deal. Moreso then eli did (when Eli was throwing to Tim Carter with a garbage O line, and Romo was throwing to Owens and Terry Glenn.

no convincing you now, so just wait until opening day when Eli Torches you and Romo has a 3rd terrible start in a row vs the Geeeee Men

lmao, does anyone else see the irony on display in this post? lolololol

Quote:
God dammit. I just make a rational post. And you come by and **** it all up for the rest of us.
Don't worry dude, I know how to separate the real posters from the trolls. I have my filter working ;)
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I'm not sure if I misspoke, of if you misunderstood me, but my point was that Number10 had mistaken my comparison of Romo's #s for his final 4 games to be against Eli's numbers for his final four games, when in fact they were Eli's numbers for the entire season, and as such you couldn't use the injuries line as a reason for why they were so bad. Now, in reference to his final 4 games, that would be a valid point to take into consideration, though it would certainly not be an end-all arguments point.

Additionally, the fact that the Giant's sacks-allowed numbers actually went down after Petitgout got hurt is not a good sign for those attempting to argue his importance, nor is the fact that he was actually cut after the season, either.

Injuries can always affect a team and players, but the bottom line is that you have to keep playing and produce. They happen. So, did it affect him? Sure. Does it make it alright that he sucked? Well...that depends on your (the fans) willingness to accept failure. But you don't see a lot of slack being cut to Terrell Owens for the injuries that affected his play throughout the season. Or to Tony Romo, by extension (he did have a couple of TD passes and big plays that were dropped by TO). Not to mention the fact that Terry Glenn was playing the final games of the season with a knee issue that--according to some "sources"--was considered to be career threatening for him in the immediate future, which limited his speed and agility towards the end of the season (plus making him miss a game), and a lingering bursa sac issue that hampered Patrick Crayton's productivity as well. Shyt happens.

Anyhow, I'm more than willing to accept that as a factor for Eli's struggles at the end of the year. Still, you have to accept, on the flip side, that anytime you play that badly (like he did) there is a lot more to it than simple outside concerns. Fair?

I understand that. I just edited my post while you wrote this up. I went back and saw I misread what you wrote and added on to my post. My bad for that.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:28 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cool, no prob then
Old 04-05-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As for the sack numbers going down after Luke's injury. That stat is a bit inflated because of the 8 sacks given up in one game against Philly in week 2. That was one terrible game by the whole O-line. I think that one game made up 25% of the season's sacks. So of course the numbers will look like they went down.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
As for the sack numbers going down after Luke's injury. That stat is a bit inflated because of the 8 sacks given up in one game against Philly in week 2. That was one terrible game by the whole O-line. I think that one game made up 25% of the season's sacks. So of course the numbers will look like they went down.
Not to mention it doesnt take into account hurries, or how Eli would just throw it up for a pick instead of take the sack.

But he made some very solid points. Hard to debate with his overall message. I think it was fair.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Not to mention it doesnt take into account hurries, or how Eli would just throw it up for a pick instead of take the sack.

But he made some very solid points. Hard to debate with his overall message. I think it was fair.
I'm really not arguing anything. Just bringing up the point that 8 sacks in one game in week 2 makes it looks like the sacks went down after Luke's injury. When in reality that one freak game is really skewing the numbers to say something that just isn't true.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

My main frame of reference was the fact that Eli was only sacked 5 times in the last 4 games. No matter who you are, a rate of 1.25 sacks per game is outstanding. That would compute to 20 sacks on a season, which would have been top 3 in the league last year.

As far as sacks being a measure of pressure on the QB, they can definitely be skewed one way or another over short periods of time, like one game or a stretch of games, etc etc. But the larger the sample size, the more they will be in line. I have seen games where the defense got 5 sacks, and yet I remembered sitting there during the game and thinking "they just can't get any pressure on this guy", and vice versa, "Wow, they are really getting after the QB in this game" and looking at the stat line and seeing just 1 or 2 sacks. So that is true, but the larger the size or more games played, sacks become a better and better indicator of pressure, because all the flukey plays one way and the other even out. Therefore, the margin of error is enough to make that contention, but the burden of proof would be on the person arguing the point to cite specific examples, with at least a little bit of actual evidence. Otherwise, it just sounds like another cop out.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't we just agree that the Redskins have no chance at the division this year, have a laugh at their situation, and move on?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Can't we just agree that the Redskins have no chance at the division this year, have a laugh at their situation, and move on?
HERE! HERE!

:D
Old 04-05-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I actually laughed out loud when I read that. Everyone is looking at me now.....

Although I do feel that the Skins have potential to be back this year.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know. Just have no Skins fans around now.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 04-05-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I am away for much of the next 10 days. Going to Miami for work, but I should be good to check in here and there.

Old 04-05-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
hey beaches. is there any vague interest in doing the NFC East write-up (from the stuff we were doing earlier) are are you pretty much talked out?
I thought I was gonna be available for the next 3 days. But I just got screwed so hard with stuff thrown at me. So Im uncertain of my availability. I can chime in when I get the chance. But Im not sure how much free time I'll have from now until May. Just got screwed hard.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
DMWsackmachine your such a homer and a romosexual.

Romo struggled down the stretch a great deal. Moreso then eli did (when Eli was throwing to Tim Carter with a garbage O line, and Romo was throwing to Owens and Terry Glenn.

no convincing you now, so just wait until opening day when Eli Torches you and Romo has a 3rd terrible start in a row vs the Geeeee Men
One of the most hypocritical posts I've ever seen.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

njx, I could probably find the time to chip in, if you want to do it.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

GiantsRutgersfan, you are really stupid, and did mess up all of the points BBDefense made.

Anyway, BigBlueDefense does make some great points about his LT going down, but technically Romo's wasn't to great until the end of the season anyway. Flo didn't regain pro-bowl form until the end of the season. Now the reason I think Romo will be better is because last year our O-line was a weakness, and now it is a strength. Flo is fully healed from his ACL and back to pro-bowl form, Colombo will only be better with more experience, and Leonard Davis at guard is just beastly.
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

DMW-

-I'm still not understanding why you ever brought up the Eli-Romo comparison in the first place. We all know that Eli did not have a good year and I know that Romo played better than Eli for the most part in 2006, so what? That has nothing to do with the fact that I think Romo struggled in December and when you compare numbers between the two, you are the one that looks like the insecure, overly defensive fan, not I.

-When you say I cannot use injury excuses at all for the year's stats....um, what? Are the last 8 games of the season all of the sudden not included?

-And in no way do I think Eli played better than Romo in 2006, let that be known. Not once did I say that and not once will I say that, but you CANNOT deny the difference in situations they were thrown into if you want to play the comparison game. With Toomer down and Shockey hobbled and Bob Whitfield playing LT, you cannot tell me that things were just as hard for Romo when he has TO, Glenn, Crayton, and Witten to throw to.

-And don't bring up sack numbers either because Eli's best trait (maybe other than throwing the deep ball) is his pocket presence. He feels pressure before it is even there and knows how to get rid of the ball quickly. Sometimes it is to a fault because he can get a little too antsy and throws the ball too early because he is so set on avoiding a sack, I can point to several different instances.

-I am aware he (Romo) always held the ball in the wrong way while in the pocket but that does not deny the fact that his ball security in December was poor. He was turning the ball over a lot more often in December, which is a large portion of the reason why I say he struggled down the stretch.

-You are being extremely hypocritical in this discussion and just know what happened last time we had a debate on QBs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

And don't read anything GRF has to say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow, NFC east discussions could literally go on for many months.

and yes, lets just throw out the redskins now as they have overpayed for aging players in the offseason once again and have little picks in the draft
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

Hey scottboy, the Redskins are better than the Giants...
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hey Achilles33 the giants are better than the cowboys...
Old 04-05-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Eli will once again be inconsistent.
Campbell will be solid but not great.
McNabb will be injured again.
Romo will do well and will go to the pro bowl.