Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

View Poll Results: Our Biggest need is...
CB 5 38.46%
OLB 5 38.46%
WR 0 0%
OL 1 7.69%
Other 2 15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-05-2007, 12:35 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Our Biggest need

I'm wondering what the general consensus amongst the Giants fans is in regards to our biggest need. Vote in the poll, and then explain your selection (preferably).

I voted for CB. I think that despite losing Emmons and Arrington this offseason, we still need more help in the secondary. We had a terrible pass defense and we need to add good solid young players to that secondary ASAP. I recently saw a mock draft on GBNreport.com where they had us taking Darrelle Revis in round one and following that up with Josh Wilson in round two. That's a bit over the top, but I wouldn't mind that at all, seeing how Wilson can contribute as a return man.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

I don't think we have one glaring need. You could make an equal argument for a few different spots.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:51 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Giants don't have a glaring need, but they have a LOT of general needs.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:17 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
The Giants don't have a glaring need, but they have a LOT of general needs.
i would disagree with that- i still think OLB is a glaring need but yes we have many general needs as well

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cornerback was my choice. I think in this day and age of the NFL, having a great cornerback tandem is no longer a perk, it's a neccesity, with so many great receivers in the league. We're really stacked at the front four (a huge DT would be nice though), and that will help with linebacker play more than it will with cornerback play.

Number 10 has made some very good points for drafting a receiver in the first round, and hugegmenfan has also made some good points about taking a linebacker in the first as well. I wouldn't be upset if we took either one of those posistions in the first round instead of CB.

The only reason I think that we could do with out a linebacker or receiver in the first is because there will be better depth for those two posistions later in the draft, where as good cornerback depth will be lucky to last to our second round pick.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Josh Wilson would be a nice pick in round 2 if we went WR or OLB in round one, but I wouldn't count on him lasting that long due to his great athleticism. He actually is a very physical corner for a guy his size. He likes to come up and play the run, but he needs some work in the technique area, which would disclude him from making a major impact in his first year. I think we need CB help, and we need it now. That is why the top three players on my big board are Leon Hall, Chris Houston and Darrelle Revis in that order.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
joepas171

I voted Cb by the slightest of margins over WR and OLB...