Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 12-09-2011, 10:34 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cam Johnson and Billy Wynn need to be towards the top rather than the bottom of the list

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:36 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericzedwards View Post
No Casey Hayward in the top-10; no read from me, Bucky.
exactly! Winston Guy Jr. should be as well

Old 12-09-2011, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
If you had read some of my posts on Brooks, you'd see I'm totally unsure whether Brooks is talented enough to take completely serious. I have nothing to base his accuracy on from past experience.
However, your obvious dislike for reliable sources show how mundane your knowledge of the draft is.
I choose to use sources that have proved to be reliable over time, like a Mayock, Brandt or a Casserly. You become laughable if you chose to ignore people who had put most of their lives into the draft for a living, in the NFL and have access we can only dream about. But what do they know????
If anything is hilarious, it's your belief that you are smarter and more knowledgeable than anybody else around and need no reliable sources to check out your thoughts against other people's opinions. Must be great to be a genius in your own mind.
Hahah, a lot of the guys you choose are as hit and miss as we are, which is why they were A) fired, or B)Never hired.

Don't confuse having a better cache or resources to use with actually being a better scout.

I do like Mayock though, but Brandt has been terrible for a LONG time, and Casserly is laughable...

My mistake on your thoughts on Bucky, but if you think he's a reliable source, IDK what else to say.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:06 AM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"I love Blaine Gabbert, even though I haven't seen him play".

-Charlie Casserly
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:26 AM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post

-Charlie Casserly
This, this, this, this, this, infinity.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:30 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Billy Wynn is going to be a stud.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post

-Charlie Casserly
I rest my case. haha.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's spelt ranks damnit!
Old 12-09-2011, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
It's spelt ranks damnit!
What are you talking aboot?
Old 12-09-2011, 06:16 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

seeing Dwight Jones so low on the list hurts my opinion of his rankings...he has Jones as the #9 pass catcher; I have him as the #11 prospect

Old 12-09-2011, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Hahah, a lot of the guys you choose are as hit and miss as we are, which is why they were A) fired, or B)Never hired.

Don't confuse having a better cache or resources to use with actually being a better scout.

I do like Mayock though, but Brandt has been terrible for a LONG time, and Casserly is laughable...

My mistake on your thoughts on Bucky, but if you think he's a reliable source, IDK what else to say.
Brandt had 29/32 first rounds 2 or 3 years ago so his sources at least, are pretty solid even if he doesn't do a lot of scouting himself anymore. I love Mayock but he has some weak areas as well like junior QB's. In fact most of the old timers haven't got a lot of experience with predicting junior QB's. It is only a recent phenomenon that QB's have started declaring as juniors in large #'s and I don't think the old timers are very solid on predicting them as prospects.
Casserly, I don't trust on QB's at all but he is still very knowledgeable about other positions, and you can compare his sources against Mayock's to get a clearer overall picture.
The way I approach the draft is to think of these guys like my hired scouts, I take their ideas, compare it to my own, then go back to see if I missed something if there is a wide divergence. Every organization have many scouts look at the same prospects before the GM, in most cases, reaches a conclusion on a prospect. Nobody except Matt Millen, ever relied on only his own opinion.
On Brooks, I have no past experience to judge him on so I am reluctant to completely take his word on a prospect. I'll be watching closely to see how he does at predicting where prospects rank before I add him as a hehe, scout for me..
Old 12-09-2011, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

-Charlie Casserly
Old 12-09-2011, 07:16 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He said something along those lines but I'm almost sure that's not a direct quote.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Bucky Brooks (ex-NFL Scout) Rankes the QB's

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...d-strong-group
Old 12-09-2011, 08:15 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least he has Kellen Moore top ten. Gotta agree there. Too bad he wasn't top five tho. Well he should only because lack of arm strength pff.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LoL he has E.J. Manuel but not Tyler Wilson. At least he has RGIII ahead of almost everyone.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:55 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
LoL he has E.J. Manuel but not Tyler Wilson. At least he has RGIII ahead of almost everyone.
I don't think Wilson declares but the fact that his list completely leaves him him absent (i'm assuming he includes all eligible draftees) makes it easier for me to understand why he's an ex-scout

Old 12-11-2011, 10:29 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ingram- Tamba Hali

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote