Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
Where? I have no idea what you were watching dude, honestly. I didn't see guys open that Alex was throwing inaccurately to.

They put the game on Alex vs. NYG and we won, the difference was he actually had protection in that game. This team will only go as far as the oline.
There was one third down play where Alex's terrible accuracy hurt him. It was a third down and an out pattern and Alex Smith couldn't hit Vernon Davis who beat his man by a step.

Or a throw to Kyle Williams on a third and long. It skipped the ground.

Protection isn't always going to be great. Steve Young didn't always have the best protection, especially later in his career, but he still made plays because he was accurate as hell.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
new qb time . don't resign him please! trade up for Luck.....
Honestly I wonder what it would take to get him. Would an entire draft do it?

Quote:
Old 12-11-2011, 07:24 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I assume it's mostly just players understanding the playbook, early in the season Cardinals were constantly giving up big plays due to being out of position.
Do you feel that was the problem with the offense early on in the season as well? Because that has been my theory of why Kolb struggled before his injury. That he was handed too much of the playbook early on. Curious to hear your opinion on that (since I haven't had a chance to watch many Cards games) because I thought he was going to put a solid year together.

Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? : 12-11-2011 at 07:28 PM.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:27 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Honestly I wonder what it would take to get him. Would an entire draft do it?
Cleveland has inside edge on him with two first round picks. Like I said at the start of the off-season only way SF gets Luck is if they had three first round picks. Trade your 2nd and 3rd to move back into round 1. Then you have 2 2012 1st round picks and 2013 1st round pick to trade. But I can't see anybody being for that since every time it gets suggested around these parts of drafting a QB in the 1st round it gets shot down fast.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:29 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
Do you feel that was the problem with the offense early on the season as well? Because that has been my theory of why has Kolb struggled before his injury was that he was handed too much of the playbook early on. Curious to hear your opinion on that (since I haven't had a chance to watch many Cards games) because I thought he was going to put a solid year together.
Oh definitely but also the O-line is only horrifically bad now instead of the worst O-Line in NFL history

If it makes you guys feel any better about having dumb fans, AZ fans have been all over Skelton's nuts the past 6 weeks and he has a 2:1 Turnover to TD ratio at the very least, but he is 4-1 :/

Last edited by fenikz : 12-11-2011 at 07:31 PM.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:29 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Where? I have no idea what you were watching dude, honestly. I didn't see guys open that Alex was throwing inaccurately to.

They put the game on Alex vs. NYG and we won, the difference was he actually had protection in that game. This team will only go as far as the oline.
This. Alex played like ****. No disputing that. But you just don't skim over all the good he has done this year and focus on this one loss. Yeah, it sucked to watch but I don't recall anyone ever calling Alex a elite QB. His play this year has been better than most but I don't think anybody thought Alex wasn't capable of a bad game or that those days were behind him. You just hope and pray that this is the last one for awhile. Fans know Alex has issues and with those issues, your bound to have a ugly game or two.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

LOL @ Jim Harbaugh having an attitude with the reporters. When you lose like that Jim you don't get to play the Belicheck game with people. Answer the questions. Fans deserve better.

Quote:
Old 12-11-2011, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
This. Alex played like ****. No disputing that. But you just don't skim over all the good he has done this year and focus on this one loss. Yeah, it sucked to watch but I don't recall anyone ever calling Alex a elite QB. His play this year has been better than most but I don't think anybody thought Alex wasn't capable of a bad game or that those days were behind him. You just hope and pray that this is the last one for awhile. Fans know Alex has issues and with those issues, your bound to have a ugly game or two.
But you don't think we need to upgrade the position? It's just one bad game, but I can't remember Alex having three good games in a row or pass for over 300 yards and dominate a team from start to finish. This defense isn't the 2000 Ravens and we don't have Jamal Lewis to bulldoze over people. This won't cut it against Green Bay or New Orleans.

Quote:
Old 12-11-2011, 07:34 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Fans deserve better.
Fans don't deserve to control the personality of their favorite team's coach during post-game interviews.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
Cleveland has inside edge on him with two first round picks. Like I said at the start of the off-season only way SF gets Luck is if they had three first round picks. Trade your 2nd and 3rd to move back into round 1. Then you have 2 2012 1st round picks and 2013 1st round pick to trade. But I can't see anybody being for that since every time it gets suggested around these parts of drafting a QB in the 1st round it gets shot down fast.
Can't you trade your entire draft this year and maybe some draft picks the following season though and get him? I can't see why the Colts wouldn't accept that. I'd rather have an entire team's draft this year plus next year's first rounder or whatever instead of two 1st round picks this year and maybe a few more draft selections this year and the following.

Quote:
Old 12-11-2011, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Fans don't deserve to control the personality of their favorite team's coach during post-game interviews.
But they deserve honest answers don't you think?

Quote:
Old 12-11-2011, 07:41 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Can't you trade your entire draft this year and maybe some draft picks the following season though and get him? I can't see why the Colts wouldn't accept that. I'd rather have an entire team's draft this year plus next year's first rounder or whatever instead of two 1st round picks this year and maybe a few more draft selections this year and the following.
1st round picks are more valuable due to the slotting system for contracts. Plus more value of 1st round picks compared to later round picks. But why would you want to give up a whole draft class for Luck? Furthest I would go is a 2012 1st, 2nd, and 2013 1st but since we are drafting so late can't see Indy taking that.

Would be better off trying to pull off a trade like ATL did with CLE and move up for Barkley or RG3. [EDIT- Just looked up the trade between ATL/CLE and ATL gave up 5 total picks including 2 1st so not sure I would go that route either] But I am a big fan of Colin and if Alex doesn't get the rumored extension, I would rather take my lumps with Colin because I think it would pay off later on down the road.

Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? : 12-11-2011 at 07:44 PM.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Colin just looks like too much of a project. I don't see him doing anything. I like Matt Barkley. Maybe he can get it done. Throws a nice ball.

I'm really tired of these option/pistol/gimmick offense quarterbacks. Give me a traditional pro style pocket passer.

Quote:
Old 12-11-2011, 07:48 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
also anyone know why when Rashad Johnson got called for unnecessary roughness(man up league he hit him with his arms/hands) that it overruled your illegal procedure penalty? Pretty sure those penalties are supposed to offset and you replay the down, instead you got a free 15 and a 1st
bumping this, anyone know what happened here?

Old 12-11-2011, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Funny reading some of these comments on Matt Maiocco's site.

Quote:
9ers are wining with their D. Not Alex Smith. He sucks as much now as he did when drafted. He has been asked to do the Trent Dilfer thing and not lose it for them. He by no means has helped this team. watched pass after pass miss the mark. He will sail a ball way over the receivers heads, or most of the time throw it at their feet. Smith continues to suck. Glad they made the playoffs. With him as QB it will be a early exit. Hopefully they don't offer him another contract. Been hoping that for years.
Quote:
You all need to dammit just quit it with this beyond all support for below mediocre play. That q.b. no matter who he is or what his name happens to be is not a difference maker. Your defense gave the offense three turnovers early, they stayed on Arizona's side of the field all first half, stayed in the red zone. Yet your q.b. could do nothing with it... They then give the boy the ball back with 2 minutes left to only get in field goal range and he's running around like a chicken with its head cut off instead of getting the ball out of his hand. You got to have game to beat good teams in the NFL. You've got to be a difference maker. The boy's game is weak.
Quote:
I'm a 9er fan. have been for 15+ years. but as long as we have him as a QB we will never go any where. He absolutely sucks. The play calling sucked the receivers sucked. Carlos Rogers stunk it up today, With them alligator arms on a pass to Larry that if he lays out he could have knocked it down, then to stop on a play when it wasn't over. And his goal line play on the other score like with his crap on the Larry catch he looked like he was afraid he was gonna get hit by a team mate so he played scared. 1 and done. :-(
Quote:
Can the 49ers amnesty Alex Smith? I know it wasn't all his fault but today they needed him to actually win a game and he just can't do it. It might hurt some peoples feelings but it needs to be said. The 49ers will never compete with the big boys with Alex Smith. His arm is below average and he can't throw on the run very well. It appears he throws at recievers feet when he does for the most part.

Quote:
Old 12-11-2011, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
also anyone know why when Rashad Johnson got called for unnecessary roughness(man up league he hit him with his arms/hands) that it overruled your illegal procedure penalty? Pretty sure those penalties are supposed to offset and you replay the down, instead you got a free 15 and a 1st
It was called correctly. The personal foul supercedes the 5-yarder. It happened to the Niners a couple of years ago.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:56 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

but the play shouldn't have occurred in the 1st place, how can you penalize a play that's not allowed to happen

Old 12-11-2011, 07:58 PM    (permalink
PatrickWillis
Rookie

PatrickWillis PatrickWillis PatrickWillis PatrickWillis PatrickWillis PatrickWillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
A sad performance all-around but the blame will, of course, fall squarely on Alex Smith even though he was our best offensive player today. He was still off, just like the last Cardinals game, but he threw what should have been a touchdown to Ginn early on and was dodging tons of pressure all day.

Chin up, though, fellow fans. Every good team has had a let-down game this year--the Saints got dominated by the Rams, the Ravens lost to the Jaguars and Seahawks, etc. Our let-down game wasn't nearly as bad as those.
Youhave to be kididng me. He had about 10-15 passes that were off target, caused at least 3 sacks because his movement within the pocket was atrocious. Are you really that serious? The best offensive player was Crabtree and Gore you idiot. How ANYONE could say Alex had a better day than Gore is truly beyond me.

You turds actually thought Captain slow release was a top 10 player. Yeah I'm looking at you Phlysac. What you got to say now, boy?
Old 12-11-2011, 07:59 PM    (permalink
JordanTaber
Veteran

JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber

Quote:

Of course you didn't. You were sitting at home watching from your frickin TV set.

If guys weren't getting open, you know whose fault that is? The offensive staff's. If NE can get their turds wide open, so can everyone else. And if you're blaming the coaching staff...that marks yet ANOTHER staff that is to blame for Alex's failures. At what point are you going to stop and just admit Alex might be the problem here?
Old 12-11-2011, 07:59 PM    (permalink
PatrickWillis
Rookie

PatrickWillis PatrickWillis PatrickWillis PatrickWillis PatrickWillis PatrickWillis

Quote:
Actually, plenty of posters here called him a top 10 guy before today. It was one of his worst games since his rookie year.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:01 PM    (permalink
PatrickWillis
Rookie

Receivers were open. Crabtree beat Peterson 2 times that I recall where it was overthrown. VD had a pass skip to him that I recall where he got separation. There was also a play against cover 2 where Crabtree was open down the far sideline and Alex underthrew it, lucky it wasn't picked.

He also caused 3 of the sacks at the least on his own with his horrendous movement within the pocket.

The fanboys need to stop with this top 10 nonsense.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:02 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But you don't think we need to upgrade the position? It's just one bad game, but I can't remember Alex having three good games in a row or pass for over 300 yards and dominate a team from start to finish. This defense isn't the 2000 Ravens and we don't have Jamal Lewis to bulldoze over people. This won't cut it against Green Bay or New Orleans.
For his first year in the offense, Alex has exceeded my expextations. Me personally, I never thought Alex was a good fit for the WCO but Jimbaugh has made it work. If Harbaugh wants him back, Im all for it.

Of course he can't have a game like this in the playoffs. Hopefully he wont. One awful game out of 13 is a pretty good ratio that I'll take for the time being. But honestly, I think if we would have pulled this one out, no one would be all livid with the "Alex sucks" stuff. The loss just magnifys it. Everything was just off. Delaine drops another critical ball. I did not like the play-calling. And I read Edwards wasn't talking to reporters after the game because he was mad about the lack of snaps after he was asking for rest to get healthy just a week ago, wtf. This just didn't look like were interesting playing or matching their instensity.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:08 PM    (permalink
PatrickWillis
Rookie

Quote:
For his first year in the offense, Alex has exceeded my expextations. Me personally, I never thought Alex was a good fit for the WCO but Jimbaugh has made it work. If Harbaugh wants him back, Im all for it.

Of course he can't have a game like this in the playoffs. Hopefully he wont. One awful game out of 13 is a pretty good ratio that I'll take for the time being. But honestly, I think if we would have pulled this one out, no one would be all livid with the "Alex sucks" stuff. The loss just magnifys it. Everything was just off. Delaine drops another critical ball. I did not like the play-calling. And I read Edwards wasn't talking to reporters after the game because he was mad about the lack of snaps after he was asking for rest to get healthy just a week ago, wtf. This just didn't look like were interesting playing or matching their instensity.
He's had 3 awful games. Detroit, this one, and the first game against AZ. Then there's games like the Browns and redskins where you could say "below average" but probably not awful.

And there's not any games where you could say "exceptional". Perhaps the eagles game if you are a homer.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Had a great day but it was obvious the Niners coaching staff decided to mail this one in, as they've already clinched the division. It was the Cardinals' Super Bowl' and they got all the breaks; Congrats to them for wanting it more today. We'll be enjoying the playoffs in January when they are all sitting at home watching! Niners had every chance to win this game and didn't do it; a complete opposite of how they've played this season. Alex didn't look great at all but he shares the blame with others who didn't make enough plays to win this game. It wouldn't have taken much but they played down to their competition.

Time to regroup and make up for it with the Steelers coming to the Stick nest Monday night.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 12-11-2011, 08:32 PM    (permalink
JordanTaber
Veteran

JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber

Quote:

WCO?

What WCO?

Nobody in the NFL runs the WCO, least of all, the 49ers.
Closed Thread