Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-09-2011, 07:21 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Playing soccer my sophomore year of high school I dislocated my hip and tore my quad. It was to most painful thing that ever happened to me and ended my soccer career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never pulled a muscle or broken a bone. I'm probably invincible.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:51 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My list is pretty short...

I fell of a top bunk and got severe internal bruising on my right shoulder to the point where the Dr said I should be in a sling, basically couldn't lift it. Still played basketball two days later and my left hand skills improved out of site over that 6 or so week period.

Next was to tear an abdominal playing Aussie Rules(training technically) was just running and it felt weird, next kick and I basically couldn't get the left leg off the ground. I had to literally lift it with my arms to go up stairs for the next week.

Had a nasty high ankle sprain that I'm almost certain did some ligament damage(never saw a doctor) that kept me out 6 weeks, did it playing netball and just landed on a teammates foot after going airborne.

Then came the big one, blew my knee out, PCL, LCL, ACL and meniscus. I reckon that when I first did it I only did the ACL and strained the PCL, went to a Dr and got an X-Ray and he said its "probably just a twisted knee, give it a month and see how you go" I was training with my state Football(American) team at the time so I gave it the month and despite it feeling loose as all hell I actually got through 3 training sessions(at RB) before I obliterated it on walk through punt returns when I just did an instinctive over exaggerated jump cut move and boom. Worst part about the injury was missing out on Nationals and then also representing Australia at the World Cup which was earlier this year...

Only injury since was to slip a disc in my back which was by far the most painful injury of the lot and just debilitating.

On a pain level I'd say that the knee was comfortably the least painful, I'd say I've had more painful jarred fingers than the knee, especially the first time I did it, but it is by far the worst as far as hanging around and mental issues with it, even when I'm just running in straight lines I feel like I make the knee feel weird.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:42 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went into liver failure two years ago. I've also been told I'm an alcoholic, though I beg to differ, SAM

Oh and broke my pinky once

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:10 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I went into liver failure two years ago. I've also been told I'm an alcoholic, though I beg to differ, SAM
Oh I totally forgot my worst injury ever... technically the injury was a blister but it kind of got out of control and got infected, then got septicemia(blood poisoning) which then settled on and ate away a part of my pelvis.

Was a staph infection in the end but it kept me out for a good 10 weeks and I lost about 15kg(33lb) in the process! At first it just felt like I had a cold and a strained groin but in 2 days I was in hospital with it! Took another couple of days to diagnose because apparently it's like a 1 in 20,000,000 type event and the doctors got to present it at some big event of theres, that was cool!

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 12-09-2011, 10:22 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Broke both ankles numerous times (that's why they make tape)

Broke multiple fingers and toes on numerous occasions (taped them up; no big deal)

Broke right collar bone (mother made me go to school the next day)

Fileted the top of my left hand (long story)

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Worst thing I've had was my senior year in HS...in a wrestling match a kid shot in and got a hold of my right leg and we got into a scramble and my knee got twisted pretty awkwardly.

Partially tore my ACL and MCL....didn't rest it though...kept wrestling on it the rest of the year and...yea...its a ***** to deal with now.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:55 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reading this also reminded me of my two hamstring blowouts, they do indeed suck pretty bad

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got into a bad car wreck when I was 13. The car flipped 10 times, on the second roll my hand busted out the passenger window and was full of glass and grass, it kind of resembled a meatball. I really have been kind of lucky other than that.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:24 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

currently have a separated rib, one of the worst pains I have ever felt.

tore my MCL and had 2 separate bone bruises on my knee, that WAS the worst pain I've ever felt waking up the next morning

partially torn UCL in right elbow senior year of hs
Old 12-11-2011, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've broken both wrists and sprained each countless times (thanks skateboarding!). Football in high school provided a couple concussions and a dislocated shoulder.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:41 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I got into a bad car wreck when I was 13. The car flipped 10 times, on the second roll my hand busted out the passenger window and was full of glass and grass, it kind of resembled a meatball. I really have been kind of lucky other than that.
Going to go with you got pretty lucky including that!

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 12-12-2011, 01:10 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post

Then came the big one, blew my knee out, PCL, LCL, ACL and meniscus. I reckon that when I first did it I only did the ACL and strained the PCL, went to a Dr and got an X-Ray and he said its "probably just a twisted knee, give it a month and see how you go"
thats exactly what happened to me the first time i tore my acl and meniscus. stupid ****** dr ruined my football career essentially.

torn my acl in the same knee 2 times. and im 1 1/2 months out of reconstructive surgery right now. just chillin.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:11 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty sure you can't see tears in ligaments through x-rays, that's probably where it went wrong..

That's what MRIs are for.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:20 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I forgot to mention, I broke my arm once, and the tendons healed a "little too tight". I suddenly was then able to throw a baseball 100 MPH

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:37 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
I've also been told I'm an alcoholic, though I beg to differ, SAM
Me too, this is clearly obvious recognizing an east coast time basis to every post ive ever made on this site!

oh yeah ps. cheers
Old 12-12-2011, 01:54 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Pretty sure you can't see tears in ligaments through x-rays, that's probably where it went wrong..

That's what MRIs are for.
yeah should of made it more clearer, i got x-rays just to see if anything was broken then the dr was confident from just feeling my knee and doing tests that i didnt tear anything and an MRI wasnt needed.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:01 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

second opinions ftw. sorry to hear about your situation, but that's why you don't just trust one guy. that's a potential life changing decision he made for you right there if you have some serious long term effects on your knee.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:10 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Quote:
thats exactly what happened to me the first time i tore my acl and meniscus. stupid ****** dr ruined my football career essentially.
Not really the doctors fault, though the whole Xray thing was worthless. I was pretty sure what I'd done but when he said probably just a twisted knee, that was enough for me, was going to back that in because it's what I wanted to hear.

Probably did more damage in the process but I wanted to play and probably wouldn't do it any differently.

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 12-12-2011, 02:15 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Not really the doctors fault, though the whole Xray thing was worthless. I was pretty sure what I'd done but when he said probably just a twisted knee, that was enough for me, was going to back that in because it's what I wanted to hear.

Probably did more damage in the process but I wanted to play and probably wouldn't do it any differently.
When a medical professional, someone who is supposed to have experience in the area, tells you that you don't need another exam done, even at the least as a preventative measure, it's his fault.