Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 12-11-2011, 05:32 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 12/13 - Mock Draft Analysis Podcast

We'll be taping a new podcast on Tuesday, December 13 at 8:00pm EST.

On this week's show we will be breaking down the new mock draft, which was released over the weekend. If you have questions or comments please be sure to post them in this thread!

Draft Countdown Podcast
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/DraftCountdown

Note: You can stream the archive afterwards at the link above or download it on iTunes.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:47 AM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it possible we(Eagles) select RG3?

Tag DJack trade him for a LB, because the value will be there then draft RG3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:50 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
Is it possible we(Eagles) select RG3?

Tag DJack trade him for a LB, because the value will be there then draft RG3.
I've got to admit I hadn't thought about RG3 and the Eagles and it is intriguing.

Griffin would certainly give the Eagles insurance for Vick but would they really invest that much in the quarterback position? $100 million contract for Vick plus a Top 10 pick on a backup / developmental guy? I guess I wouldn't rule it out, but I'd call it unlikely.

Old 12-11-2011, 08:11 AM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I've got to admit I hadn't thought about RG3 and the Eagles and it is intriguing.

Griffin would certainly give the Eagles insurance for Vick but would they really invest that much in the quarterback position? $100 million contract for Vick plus a Top 10 pick on a backup / developmental guy? I guess I wouldn't rule it out, but I'd call it unlikely.
Locker is currently backing up Hasselbeck. After all we did think he would come in and start for Tennessee right away.

RG3 is currently #1 on my BB as a Eagle, especially since we really don't have any great value in the Top 10 other then the LB spot. Burfict's stock is on the decline & the "favorite" Kuechly is just too much of a reach to be Top 6. I highly doubt we trade back if RG3 is still on the board.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger

Last edited by shylo3716 : 12-11-2011 at 08:26 AM.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:16 AM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

In all actuality I am praying Barkley comes out.

Luck(Indy) Barkley(Was) RG3(Philly)

If Barkley stays it messes everything up for us.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 12-12-2011, 07:53 AM    (permalink
CMR#20
Rookie

CMR#20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.CMR#20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

New England needs a defensive end to groom behind Andre Carter for the future. I noticed that Scott gave New England Brandon Thompson the Clemson defensive tackle and Nebraska corner Alfonzo Dennard. Scott Shane If the Patriots get a Big East pass rusher on Day 2 would you rather have West Virginia's Bruce Irvin or Pittsburgh's Brandon Lindsey?
CMR#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Csna
Rookie

Csna is a cocksman.Csna is a cocksman.Csna is a cocksman.Csna is a cocksman.

I hear they are really liking the progress Markell Carter is making maybe they don't even bother wasting a 1st on a DE and try and hit on a guy in the 3rd/4th rounds?
Csna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:14 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you expect the coaching changes to majorly change how teams will draft?

There are 3 teams now with regime changes in the works. What kind of shake up would you expect in Jacksonville, Miami and Kansas City next offseason?
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:35 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Locker is currently backing up Hasselbeck. After all we did think he would come in and start for Tennessee right away.
Matt is making nowhere near the money Vick is with the Eagles.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:07 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If anyone has questions about specific picks in the mock draft, post them here and I will credit you and get them on the show!

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:59 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
If anyone has questions about specific picks in the mock draft, post them here and I will credit you and get them on the show!
Cleveland picks are very understandable, especially Richardson at #6 but don't you think the Browns should take a guy like Tannehill anyway with their 2nd pick, because he could potentially have a season under his belt ala Dalton. My understanding is that by bringing in both Richardson & Floyd there will be no excuses for McCoy next season. Correct?

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger

Last edited by shylo3716 : 12-13-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:03 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott, I'm curious about one thing....you have Kevin Zietler as your 5th ranked guard prospect (right around where most have him ranked) and he is generally viewed as a 2nd/3rd round type pick. What inspired you to jump him up a round or two over into the first round?
Old 12-13-2011, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In all actuality I am praying Barkley comes out.

Luck(Indy) Barkley(Was) RG3(Philly)

If Barkley stays it messes everything up for us.
I think it is almost guaranteed that neither Minny nor St. Louis will retain their picks if both RG111 and Barkley declare. If a team wants one of these 2 QB's, they will have to trade up to secure him.
I'd be shocked if Philly drafted one, they are far more likely to pass and wait to see what they have in Vick going forward. I just don't see such a trade.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cleveland picks are very understandable, especially Richardson at #6 but don't you think the Browns should take a guy like Tannehill anyway with their 2nd pick, because he could potentially have a season under his belt ala Dalton. My understanding is that by bringing in both Richardson & Floyd there will be no excuses for McCoy next season. Correct?
What makes you think Tannehill will last till pick 16. The demand for QB's is such that if he shows anything in the post season, he'll be a high 1st rounder. Look how high Ponder and Locker climbed. If he has a rotten post season, he won't even go round 1.
Who knows what Holmgren will do? If he is still sold on McCoy, he give him one more season to develop before he looks again at a QB. If he feels that McCoy isn't the answer, then a trade up to #2 or #3 in the draft becomes a real possibility.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
Do you expect the coaching changes to majorly change how teams will draft?

There are 3 teams now with regime changes in the works. What kind of shake up would you expect in Jacksonville, Miami and Kansas City next offseason?
The GM's all remained in place suggesting that the draft philosophy won't change a whole lot. If there is a shake up in GM's then that is a whole different ballgame.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:15 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
What makes you think Tannehill will last till pick 16. The demand for QB's is such that if he shows anything in the post season, he'll be a high 1st rounder. Look how high Ponder and Locker climbed. If he has a rotten post season, he won't even go round 1.
Who knows what Holmgren will do? If he is still sold on McCoy, he give him one more season to develop before he looks again at a QB. If he feels that McCoy isn't the answer, then a trade up to #2 or #3 in the draft becomes a real possibility.
If his value happens to go up...You trade up! I just think it would be idiotic to pass on a QB again. What do you think the Panthers season would be like if they passed on Cam, only to keep Clausen as the starter?

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 12-13-2011, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

This episode is now available on iTunes and at Blog Talk Radio.

Old 12-13-2011, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
If his value happens to go up...You trade up! I just think it would be idiotic to pass on a QB again. What do you think the Panthers season would be like if they passed on Cam, only to keep Clausen as the starter?
Well, if Holmgren wants to change QB's next year, I have no problem with the decision, I just hope he trades up for RG111 or Barkley. Carolina didn't trade down to get a Ponder or a Locker, they went after who they thought was the best in Newton.
In RG111 and Barkley, I think you have 2 QB's quite capable of being a true franchise QB, in Tannehill the risk will be much greater and if I'm rebuilding my team, I want the highest rated prospect I can get my hands on who carries the least amount of risk.
I think this scenario is a much more likely probability, trade up if necessary for RG111 or Barkley and find a WR at #16.