Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-2011, 06:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I wouldnt want Gerald Wallace in a trade anyway.

Otis Smith said they're still open to exploring trades, though. Seems like Lakers or bust, really. And they dont want to part with Bynum and Gasol.

As of right now, I think Dwight will stay. But I'm okay with whatever, I just want a resolution.

And the Nuggets are after Earl Clark, dammit. Otis you bastard, sign em up.
He's holding back on using part of the MLE. Sucks, but I understand...

Hopefully the smaller dominos will fall now that Paul's deal is done.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Paul/uhh, Mo Williams?/Butler/Griffin/DeAndre really better than Billups/Gordon/Butler/Griffin/DeAndre with Aminu, Mo, and Kaman off the bench?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's such horseshit that David Stern strong armed the Clippers into giving up Gordon and Minny's pick. I can't believe the Clippers budged instead of just letting them sit on Paul and lose him in the off-season. I hate the NBA right now.
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kinda peeved that the Hornets didn't get Bledsoe but at least it's over with and they got a pretty good haul.

Fully expect the Clippers to play Billups at the 2 and now they have Bledsoe that can back up CP3. Clippers are going to be a dangerous team this year

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:15 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even though they gave up a lot, would love to see how Griffin plays with a legit PG.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Kinda peeved that the Hornets didn't get Bledsoe but at least it's over with and they got a pretty good haul.
r

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-14-2011, 06:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
It's such horseshit that David Stern strong armed the Clippers into giving up Gordon and Minny's pick. I can't believe the Clippers budged instead of just letting them sit on Paul and lose him in the off-season. I hate the NBA right now.
Eh Eric Gordon is good, but not damn good.

This is gonna be really interesting for the Clippers. For them to outdo the Lakers is criminal! I don't even know if this will boost their local fan base... In fact, I think LA fans will hate them even more for ruining big brother's plans to land Paul.

It's interesting for sure.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:18 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I was hoping the Hornets would get a PG for the future as well in the deal or at least an upgrade from Jack (which Mo Williams is).

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How they got Gordon and the draft pick is beyond me

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:26 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

This is gonna be really interesting for the Clippers. For them to outdo the Lakers is criminal! I don't even know if this will boost their local fan base... In fact, I think LA fans will hate them even more for ruining big brother's plans to land Paul.

By the end of this year or next, he will be a Top-2 shooting guard in the league. He's already pretty damn good, and he's gonna get better. I really question the amount of impact Paul will have, and whether it was worth giving up all that talent. Bledsoe looks like he's gonna be a pretty good PG, you'd have a great influx of youth at every single position on the floor. Now you're banking on 85% of Chris Paul. Not a fan of the trade, especially when the league meddled so much with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
How they got Gordon and the draft pick is beyond me
That's what happens when the commissioner of the league is forcing the trade. Such conflict of interest horseshit. I hate Stern.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:

If he was playing for the Magic, you would have a different tune. He's a top 5 SG right now, and the only players I'd take over him are Kobe and Wade SG wise.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-14-2011, 06:29 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I love the return they got...I would have been real happy with that return for Dwight. Before Gordon went down last year, he was just insane.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:31 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, Clipper tickets probably won't be cheap anymore!
Old 12-14-2011, 06:32 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did the Hornets do better in this trade than the one with the Lakers? I have no idea.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:36 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Substantially better. They got a better, younger, cheaper version of Kevin Martin, and Minnesota's unprotected #1 pick. That alone is way better than Martin/Scola/Odom, plus they got Kaman's 12M expiring contract and Al-Farouq Aminu, who has a ton of upside.

As of right now, i don't like it for the Clips. It's just too dependent on Paul staying healthy and i don't think he will.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:36 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Did the Hornets do better in this trade than the one with the Lakers? I have no idea.
They got more youth, better contracts, a very tradeable asset in Kaman's expiring contract, and (presumably) a very good draft pick. They take a step back, but can probably take two steps forward after this year.

The Laker trade probably keeps them as a lower end playoff seed, but there was no upside to it. All of those players have hit their ceilings are will be in decline sooner than later.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:38 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd prefer this deal.

Gordon is younger/better than Martin. Fringe superstar type potential.

Scola/Odom are fine players, but in their 30s, Hopefully Aminu pans out, he's a high potential kind of guy.

Clear tons of cap with Kaman's contract.

And that pick is bound to be top 3ish.

Youth and a potentially a fantastic draft pick...that's what I want for Dwight, not a bunch of veterans.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-14-2011, 06:40 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Minnesota's pick isn't going to be worth much, though. You're forgetting that they're making the playoffs this year.

What what, in my butt.

Old 12-14-2011, 06:42 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Ricky Rubio looks like someone Jerry Sandusky would love taking to lunch.
bearsfan_51
Legend

The Spanish are adorable people.

DI
Veteran

DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now, with this trade and Chauncey sitting to dinner tonight with the Clippers' staff and possibly talking about a buy out, could the Knicks re-sign him after he gets bought out buy someone else after being amnestied by them?
DI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Minnesota's pick isn't going to be worth much, though. You're forgetting that they're making the playoffs this year.

What what, in my butt.
BF, Just fricken join the Fastbreak Fantasy Basketball League that we have setting up right now. We're starting fresh!
Old 12-14-2011, 06:43 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DeAndre Jordan is going to get the Tyson Chandler affect with Chris Paul.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:44 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Is Rubio flipping me off?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-14-2011, 06:45 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
BF, Just fricken join the Fastbreak Fantasy Basketball League that we have setting up right now. We're starting fresh!
Can I have the first pick? (I'm taking Rubio)

The scoring is based on cuteness, no?