Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-14-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Internship in D.C.- Need place to live

So I got an internship in D.C. (just found out today) that I really want to do.

Problem is I don't have anywhere to live( preferably close commuting distance to Foggy bottom) and it starts Jan 3rd. Any advice? I'm looking at craig's list and what not right now...

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 12-14-2011 at 02:53 PM.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
So I got an internship in D.C. (just found out today) that I really want to do.

Problem is I don't have anywhere to live( preferably close commuting distance to Foggy bottom) and it starts Jan 3rd. Any advice? I'm looking at craig's list and what not right now...
Craigslist is probably the best place to start. A lot of BS on there, but you can usually tell when something is legit. If you have a decent budget and don't mind a BS realtor fee, just call a realtor.

If you want to live adventurously: http://www.couchsurfing.org/. I have had good experiences with couch surfing in my travels.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:08 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doesn't SK live in or near D.C.?

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:15 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Craigslist is probably the best place to start. A lot of BS on there, but you can usually tell when something is legit. If you have a decent budget and don't mind a BS realtor fee, just call a realtor.

If you want to live adventurously: http://www.couchsurfing.org/. I have had good experiences with couch surfing in my travels.

Yeah, as money is tight for this internship I think I'll avoid a realtor if possible.

Couch surfing, meh. I don't really feel like doing that when I have a job to do every day.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 12-14-2011, 03:37 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Settle for nothing short of the White House.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:02 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I live about 10 miles outside of the city. What kind of rent budget do you have? I can put feelers out. If you need to commute to Foggy Bottom anything along the Blue and Orange lines is going to be an easy commute via the Metro (train). Rent will be lower across the bridge in VA, but might be more fun to live in the city.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I live two metro stops away from Foggy Bottom, I actually have an extra room, but its currently being used by my roommates sister, sorry about that.

Anyway Foggy Bottom is Orange line so I would suggest somewhere in Arlington area.

I live in Court House/Clarendon, for young people its pretty much the best spot in Arlington, lots of bars and night life.

I understand money is tight though, so you may have to go a little further out. Check out the sublet section on craigslist, look for Clarendon, Virginia Square, Ballston and East Falls church, if you can walk to any of those metros youll be good for the commute to Foggy Bottom and also not to far away from the social scene.

Let me know if you need anymore help or ideas.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 04:24 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post

Let me know if you need anymore help or ideas.[/color]

Kick her out. :)

they get smoked.

Old 12-14-2011, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kick her out. :)
Ha, as some of the member of #nfldc will attest, she is quite attractive.

What kind of internship is it?
Old 12-14-2011, 04:40 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Well then, may I share a room with her?

they get smoked.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 12-14-2011 at 08:13 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Pics now damix!!!

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 04:45 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, you can't make a mention of a hot female without sharing. Pics or gtfo
Old 12-14-2011, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if you are not part of #nfldc, then you won't ever see them. you have to be a commie or DG fanboy to get in there.

hence why I am not allowed.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
if you are not part of #nfldc, then you won't ever see them. you have to be a commie or DG fanboy to get in there.

hence why I am not allowed.

Why can't you be a Damix fanboy?
Old 12-14-2011, 05:21 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think we are avoiding the topic at hand...

Pics?
Old 12-14-2011, 05:42 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I still think we are avoiding the topic at hand...

Pics?

they get smoked.

Old 12-14-2011, 06:51 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't need to see phallic shaped objects TT.

If Damix would post pics of this supposedly hot girl I might have one of my own
Old 12-14-2011, 07:14 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

For those of you from around the area...

What are these two areas like? How bad would the commute be to the Foggy Bottom area? Is one better than the other?

1. Great Seneca Hwy & Long-draft Rd-North of Kentland Shopping Center On Gaithersburg-Germantown Town Line. Gaithersburg MD 20978.

2. Watkins Mill Rd at Sedgwick Rd Gaithersburg-Montgomery Village 20886.
Near NIST-DOE-Quince Orhard Rd Route 124. I/270 To Shady Grove Metro
- Hwy. #200 Inter-County Connector To I-95.

they get smoked.

Old 12-14-2011, 07:21 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if its helpful i live in bethesda, md off the grosvener station redline. it's 20-25 minutes on the metro to the metro center downtown stop. dont venture off the redline often though but sounds like the watkins mill rd wouldnt be too far from me.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why can't you be a Damix fanboy?
I would be, but that wont allow me in :\

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 04:21 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Quote:
For those of you from around the area...

What are these two areas like? How bad would the commute be to the Foggy Bottom area? Is one better than the other?

1. Great Seneca Hwy & Long-draft Rd-North of Kentland Shopping Center On Gaithersburg-Germantown Town Line. Gaithersburg MD 20978.

2. Watkins Mill Rd at Sedgwick Rd Gaithersburg-Montgomery Village 20886.
Near NIST-DOE-Quince Orhard Rd Route 124. I/270 To Shady Grove Metro
- Hwy. #200 Inter-County Connector To I-95.
I'm not sure where either of those are, but if you are taking a bus/driving to a red line metro (on the end) -> metro center -> orange line to foggy bottom, I'd assume 40-50 min each way
Old 12-15-2011, 09:31 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rossyln/clarendon is where u want to live if you can

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:36 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Rossyln/clarendon is where u want to live if you can
Rosslyn actually kind of sucks night life wise, its epensive and convenient, but I'll take Court House to Ballston over it.

I live directly on Wilson between Court House and Clarendon (5 min walk to each). I consider myself to have the best location.