Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 12-07-2011, 12:06 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Injuries are to blame for the constant playcalling issues during games, where we can't get a play in? Or being completely unprepared for the first few weeks of the season?

Come on. There are a ton of issues here and it all starts at the top. And this is coming from someone who REALLY likes Haley.
No. This from someone with a hatchet in hand.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:16 AM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pioli gives Haley another year to "work through it" but won't draft a QB, so Haley won't get to start "his guy" at QB and the offense will suck dick again. It's a vicious cycle. What is the point?

I really had no problem with Haley as a head coach, but he has done some really stupid and questionable things this year. He better learn from it fast or there is seriously no point to any of this.
The only stupid thing I think Haley has done all year was his preseason preparation.

Pioli has handcuffed Cassel to Haley and anyone who doesn't get that doesn't see the real picture. The writing is on the wall. Last year Pioli brings in Weis to "fix the QB". This year Pioli brings in Zorn to "fix the QB".
I'm tired of fixing the QB. I want a QB that doesn't need to be fixed!!!!!!!!

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:20 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
No. This from someone with a hatchet in hand.

J
Absolutely not. I like Haley, but anyone who thinks he is blameless in this has blinders on or is stupid. Which are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
The only stupid thing I think Haley has done all year was his preseason preparation.

Pioli has handcuffed Cassel to Haley and anyone who doesn't get that doesn't see the real picture. The writing is on the wall. Last year Pioli brings in Weis to "fix the QB". This year Pioli brings in Zorn to "fix the QB".
I'm tired of fixing the QB. I want a QB that doesn't need to be fixed!!!!!!!!
Well, it was Haleys decision to promote Muir to OC, but other than that I completely agree with every point you just made.

The problem is, if Pioli doesn't feel like he needs to address QB, he won't. Most of us agree that QB is the biggest need, but if he doesn't, Haley is stuck with Cassel at QB and there is nothing he can do about it.

I, too, want a QB who doesn't need to be fixed. I want a QB who has franchise capability and elite measurables, but if Pioli doesn't, what then?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 12-07-2011 at 12:23 AM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:06 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatriculator View Post
Huh!!!??? You might want to ask someone in the Chiefs scouting department about that. Pioli cleaned house, fired everyone from the previous regime. Or for that matter, anyone in the Chiefs front office although you'll have to do some looking to find someone who was there before Pioli. New president, new CFO, etc. The purge just keeps going. In January there were reports that at least 11 employees were known to be fired by the club. That included the 29-year employee Brenda Sniezek who was the director of community relations. Also released was director of logistics Ken Blume, who has been with the organization for 25+ years. Joining them on the waiver wire was associate director of public relations Pete Moris, an employee since 1994.

Others who found themselves unemployed were: Evelyn Bray, accounting manager; Heather Coleman, stadium operations personnel director, Pam Johnson, administrative assistant-finance; Lisa Siebern, player development assistant; Tom Stephens, creative services manager and three members of the teamís sales department.

Whether good or bad, cleaning house does appear to be part of the Pioli Style.
Pioli cleaned the previous house because it was disgusting. He's not cleaning his own house.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:25 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Stop using no off-season as an excuse. NO TEAM had an off-season. Sorry, you don't get a pass when you don't prepare your team correctly. Yeah, he tried something different and it bit him in the ass.. well, he should be held accountable for it.
Where was I giving him a pass there? I was ready to give him a pass after the first two games if it worked out later on (i.e. not jumping to rash conclusions with a small sample). It started to work out, but then ultimately didn't. They had an insane lack of depth that I pointed out in the Spring/Summer. It popped up in a huge way when they weren't able to get in work in the pre-season and then went through a terrible rash of injuries. That's on Haley & Pioli jointly. I don't think it would have been an issue with a real off-season.

Quote:
And to be honest, this whole playcalling situation is utter ******** and that is all on Haley too. If you want to call your own plays, ******* DO IT, and stop this **** with a new OC every year. Don't let Muir call plays, don't let Zorn call plays, do it your ******* self or clean house and get a group who can do it.

I'm tired of these god damn excuses. We shouldn't have lost the first Charger game, or the Miami game, or the Dolphins game.

He's the HC. It's all on him as far as I'm concerned. And you have this fantastic way of making things seem to be anyone elses fault except the person you should blame. It isn't Cassel, it's the playcalling! It isn't Haley, it's the playcalling!

Sooner or later it'll have to be someones fault.
Because I still like him as the HC, everything I've said about the playcalling has nothing to do with Haley? When have I disagreed that the playcalling situation is on Haley? I certainly put it on him. I don't think it's necessary to even say the word "Haley" when talking about the playcalling situation...it's kind of a given.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:31 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
You guys are nuts. Haley isn't getting fired and I'll guarantee it. The guy has done something every season since he got here..do more with less. Most Chiefs fans expected 7-9 to 8-8 this season. We're at 5 wins and could possibly be 6-10 without our core players.

It's ridiculous to fire him after this season. The guy has a 3rd string QB and RB.

Pioli isn't a knee-jerk reaction person and he's said that countless times.
Haley has molded DJ, Bowe, Charles and Albert into the players they are today.He makes players better and that's why he's a great coach.

The reason the team can't do well on offense is because of the QB. Well who brought in Cassel? There ya go.

Not even Sean Payton could make this offense work right now. I think Pioli gives Haley another year to work through it.
Are you Nick Wright?

Cassel is Haley's QB.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:37 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jesus, if it comes down to Nick Wright being the sane one between you two.. that is sad.

Cassel is not his QB. Cassel is Piolis QB. You and Pioli are two of the only people on this planet who believe Cassel is anything more than a borderline starter in the NFL.

Old 12-07-2011, 06:10 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Pioli cleaned the previous house because it was disgusting. He's not cleaning his own house.
You seem to have missed (or avoided) my point. You said that "They're not going to clean house. That's not Pioli's style." but you admit that he did clean house when he felt it was necessary (or he wanted his own people in place).

BTW...I don't want to quibble but most people in Kansas City thought the Chiefs front office (ticket sales, stadium operations, etc.) was well run and efficient and not disgusting.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really think you can make a case for keeping or letting Haley go. I would not be shocked either way. To be honest I would not be upset either way.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:51 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I really think you can make a case for keeping or letting Haley go. I would not be shocked either way. To be honest I would not be upset either way.
That is kind of where I'm at. I like Haley and I like his attitude but I wouldn't really bat an eye.

Old 12-07-2011, 02:22 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
You seem to have missed (or avoided) my point. You said that "They're not going to clean house. That's not Pioli's style." but you admit that he did clean house when he felt it was necessary (or he wanted his own people in place).

BTW...I don't want to quibble but most people in Kansas City thought the Chiefs front office (ticket sales, stadium operations, etc.) was well run and efficient and not disgusting.
Of course he cleaned house when he came to KC. Every GM would have done so. He's not going to tear down everything he has built.

And yeah, Splat, I don't think anyone can be upset whether they keep him or get rid of Haley. I like him (I think most of us do), but he's made some big mistakes that have held the team back. He's also done something relatively impressive every year he's been in KC. It's a matter of the right replacement being out there.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:17 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Of course he cleaned house when he came to KC. Every GM would have done so. He's not going to tear down everything he has built.
But you said that "They're not going to clean house. That's not Pioli's style." Either it is or it isn't. You do understand that you are disagreeing with yourself, don't you?
Old 12-08-2011, 10:21 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
But you said that "They're not going to clean house. That's not Pioli's style." Either it is or it isn't. You do understand that you are disagreeing with yourself, don't you?
You're just trolling now.

Pioli isn't going to "clean house" on something he's been building with his guys. It's only been 3 years. He was brought in to build something that will last, and that's how he operates and how he's been operating. He's not going to get rid of Haley unless there's a better guy out there that Pioli is comfortable with who isn't going to want to completely rip apart every part of what the team has been doing and been about.

A healthy Chiefs team, as currently constituted, with Haley & Co. is a playoff team (fairly easily). It's a matter of the right candidate being out there, whether Todd has worn out his relationship with Pioli & Hunt, and Todd's willingness to find some other way to run the offense. That's basically it.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:26 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

Case closed. The prosecution rests.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:28 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Who is the troll now nepg?

Old 12-12-2011, 11:32 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Who is the troll now nepg?
You are now, apparently. I never said Haley wouldn't get fired, I said that I don't see Pioli cleaning out the coaching staff and starting over.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:51 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** happens time to move on!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:13 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not surprised Haley was let go based on the many blowouts the Chiefs suffered from this season. I also wouldn't have been surprised if he had been kept as the Chiefs were hit hard by injuries and whatnot. I would've been ok with either direction.

Now, let us have nothing to do with Josh McDaniels and I will be happy with almost any decision made regarding the head coach.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:15 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I mean...Pioli helped him out a ton and took almost half of the work out of Haley's job by hiring RAC to run the defense. Haley really only had to manage an offensive staff and he flat-out couldn't do it.

2009 was fine because he was basically the offensive coordinator and called all the plays... People say him calling the plays in 2009 was a flop, but forget what they were able to do later in the year when they dumped Larry Johnson, acquired a surprisingly spry Chris Chambers, and Haley got a lot more comfortable with his personnel. Haley was doing a lot with very little at the end of that year.

2010 was Weis and he ran a simple offense to complement the lack of receiving weapons (Moeaki keep the safety from cheating towards Bowe...that's the entirety of the passing offense in 2010).

2011 Haley was indecisive on who would be the OC (if anyone) and ended up having 3 OCs including himself, Jim Zorn, and 1000 year old Bill Muir - who's never been anything more than an OL coach. Haley ****** up big time in this area and it has shown up in a horrible way all throughout the season. The situation was really simple, but he made it extremely complicated.

All he had to do was have Muir run the practices on offense so Haley could macromanage the whole team and deal with the media, Zorn works with the QBs, and Haley calls the plays on Sunday. It was so simple, it blows my mind how badly they ****** it up. Instead they had Muir dealing with the running game, Zorn the passing game, and Haley with the final say (not calling plays). This made Muir and Zorn work harder and be less proficient at what they are actually supposed to be focusing on (OL and QB).

Hell, if Zorn wasn't so wrapped up in Haley's ******** system, Stanzi would have been more than ready to come in when Cassel got hurt (and Zorn would have been able to take a hard line against Palko).

I love Todd, I wanted him to succeed, but he obviously doesn't have the ability to manage on that scale.