Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-16-2011, 10:16 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I adopted the Zombies as soon as KD got there. And it's difficult not to like them. They have so many good, young players.
I did the same once KD got there. It's an exciting brand of basketball and, like you said, they have so many good, young players. They just seem to be having fun on the court

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:25 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is a lot of bizarre anti-Laker sentiment floating around right now, like teams are okay with blatant conflict of interest and collusion because it was against the Lakers. It shouldn't be okay for the commish to be operating as a GM under any circumstance if you ask me.

The weird thing is they still have more size than basically any other team in the league. Throw in a rested Kobe on a shortened season and you can't count this team out for another run at the chip. I've seen my share of celebrations from this team but the idea of winning it all after this egregious Stern debacle is really appealing.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:56 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What? I've seen a lot more people angry with Stern than being ok with what he did......
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:05 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
What? I've seen a lot more people angry with Stern than being ok with what he did......
He mentioned that there are a lot of teams that are ok with it.

Like the 20+ teams that complained about it, is what I think he's getting at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:06 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I misread it. Carry on....
Old 12-16-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
There is a lot of bizarre anti-Laker sentiment floating around right now, like teams are okay with blatant conflict of interest and collusion because it was against the Lakers. It shouldn't be okay for the commish to be operating as a GM under any circumstance if you ask me.

The weird thing is they still have more size than basically any other team in the league. Throw in a rested Kobe on a shortened season and you can't count this team out for another run at the chip. I've seen my share of celebrations from this team but the idea of winning it all after this egregious Stern debacle is really appealing.
I don't think they can beat Memphis in the playoffs, which is going to be a problem for them.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:10 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, i think Memphis kinda caught lightning in a bottle last season. You never know what you're getting out of Z-Bo, and Gasol might get even fatter after getting paid.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:11 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fat Gasol could be a bigger monster in the paint though or it could be horrible or you know nevermind.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:11 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Basically this offseason they have traded Phil Jackson, Lamar Odom, and Shannon Brown for Mike Brown, Josh McRoberts and Jason Kapono so I don't see a whole lot of reason for them to do better in the playoffs than last year.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Eh, i think Memphis kinda caught lightning in a bottle last season. You never know what you're getting out of Z-Bo, and Gasol might get even fatter after getting paid.
Z-Bo looks in better shape than ever, and he's pretty clearly more motivated than he has ever been before too. Gasol isn't really fat either, not sure why you would think that. It's not like he's lazy.

With a healthy Rudy, Memphis is going to be a top 5 team in the West, and I don't see any reason they couldn't take down LA in the playoffs. They have an elite frontcourt, shooters, a great defensive perimeter player in Tony Allen, and solid depth overall.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-16-2011, 02:16 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Weren't they the 1 seed last season? Cause i don't think losing out on Lamar Odom and Shannon Brown is all of a sudden gonna knock them out of being contenders.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:17 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Weren't they the 1 seed last season? Cause i don't think losing out on Lamar Odom and Shannon Brown is all of a sudden gonna knock them out of being contenders.
They were the 2. The spurs got the 1.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Kobe is a year older, Bynum is still a walking injury risk, Metta just isn't very good anymore, and their bench is really not good at all (McRoberts is a solid backup big, but that's about it).

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-16-2011, 02:24 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's reasons that will look nice on paper but ultimately having Bynum/Pau/Kobe going is such a matchup advantage that it's tough to say any team can take 4/7 from them. You really have to **** Pau's girlfriend to have a shot.

This team is 12-2 in playoff series over the last few years with 2 rings, that's a track record in a sport that's built on chemistry. Can't say anything else until the games start.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:25 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

...you had those guys last year+Odom. You're still contenders but I don't see where this "we're the clearcut favorites" stuff is coming from. Kobe is on the downside of his career, the team as a whole is aging and your bench is pathetic.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:25 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

******* Kobe can't even hit rim :(

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Plus, Dallas might be even stronger this year even without Tyson Chandler.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-16-2011, 02:31 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post

And the Clippers are better, Memphis is better now that they have Rudy *** back, OKC has another year of experience, etc. The West is a crapshoot between 4-5 teams. All of those teams can beat the Lakers.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:31 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
.. how do you figure?
Old 12-16-2011, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
.. how do you figure?
Odom, Vince Carter is around Jason Kidd who is pretty much the only one who motivates him these days, a healthy Boob-wah, and Delonte West is a pretty solid turnover from the overpaid as all hell now Tyson Chandler and JJ Barea.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-16-2011, 02:38 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Odom >>>> Chandler talent wise but Haywood & Mahinmi need to step it up at C

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:40 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Something I was thinking about and curious what others thought: would a trade of Chris Kaman to the Spurs for Tony Parker be fair?

The reasoning is 1) the Hornets desperately need a PG upgrade and Parker would still give them cap flexibility next year 2) the Spurs would shed Parker's salary for a very large expiring which drops their team total down to around $20 mil for 2012 which makes them big players for the 2012 FA class, 3) Kaman is another big that can spell Duncan and keep him healthy for a playoff push and is more effective than McDyess when healthy and 4) the Spurs have put Parker out there as trade bait and this trade would seem to benefit both squads in the long run since neither will be fighting for a championship this year and 5) the Hornets could turn around and sign Kris Humphries to a 2-3 year deal fairly cheap since the markets for his services isn't high at all which helps add depth to their front court

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=coyhceo

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude

Last edited by diabsoule : 12-16-2011 at 02:42 PM.
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:40 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Haywood has been a passable starting center in the past too, and compared to the rest of the league's talent at center that's saying a lot. It's not ideal but it's not a disaster.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:41 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Odom, Vince Carter is around Jason Kidd who is pretty much the only one who motivates him these days, a healthy Boob-wah, and Delonte West is a pretty solid turnover from the overpaid as all hell now Tyson Chandler and JJ Barea.
But perimeter players weren't the issue with the team before. Chandler gave them stability, defense, energy, did i mention defense? Who's gonna guard the paint now? I'm not sure i trust Dirk/Haywood in a 7-game series against Pau/Bynum, defensively.

Whoever they got at guard to replace Barea is a wash, at best, because Barea was absolutely unstoppable in the playoffs.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:18 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Losing Chandler absolutely hurts the Mavs...I think more than people realize.

Quote: