Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-06-2011, 03:27 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Reggie Bush finally turning the corner?

Two straight games that Bush has had a nice stat line. Is he finally playing well?
Old 11-06-2011, 03:28 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good to see him actually looking like a RB, but I need more than 2 games to prove that a guy has turned the corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This question always seems to get asked when Bush has one of the 2 or 3 good games he has every year. Let's see him be consistently good for a while.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Breed
Veteran

Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Two straight games that Bush has had a nice stat line. Is he finally playing well?
Was this thread worthy or are you to good to post in my Weekly discussion thread?
Old 11-06-2011, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks better. He had 2 90+ yard games as a Saint, and now he has 2 in the last 2 weeks. Really, after week 3, he's been producing very well.

Funny what consistent carries and normal run plays can do. Even on a bad Dolphins team, it's easier to get in rhythm than it is on the Saints... hell, look at our running woes so far this season.

He could very easily get an injury soon and take two steps back again, which seems to happen more often than not, but I think that's less of a worry now that he isn't returning punts.

We'll see?
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was just talking to a couple buddies about Bush. Seems like now that a team's actually playing him like a running back... he's kinda producing like one. With New Orleans, they always tried to use him like a gadget player because they had so many other weapons, but Miami doesn't have nearly the options, so he's in more of a featured role. I mean, it actually seems kind of bizarre to me that he's looking better on a waaaaay worse team. But hey, that's just how it goes sometimes. Good for him if he's found a place where he can do his thing.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:58 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would at least like for him to be consistent in his play before we can say, hey he is coming along like he should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:02 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He had a 38 yarder get called back on a penalty today as well. He's looking good, but I still wish we'd get him more involved in the passing game.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm happy for him... hope he succeeds in Miami. I'm SO glad we have Darren Sproles over him, however.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would also credit the OL for the recent success of Bush. Seems like they have been clicking and playing better over the past few weeks or so. Other then that though Bush has had an ok season so far. I like what I saw yesterday by how the coaches was using him. He will no doubt find some success that way.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:47 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's probably worth pointing out that this year is the closest he's come to having a legit 'franchise back' situation come together for him, better numbers were always expected. Always happy to see Reggie have success, they probably could be very well served a running-based fullback to combo with him.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think some people just assume that because a guy doesn't thrive as a gadget player, he can't thrive getting the bulk of the carries... and it isn't really true, sometimes players establish rhythm better with more, and some guys can do great on sporadic touches.

Reggie never really worked as a gadget runningback, he always had his best when they just stopped overthinking it, and just ran him like a runningback....

Though the Dolphins could do a lot better if they watched how the Saints used him in the passing game, but maybe they just want to save his body... I dunno.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:53 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just wait until he gets hurt in a week goes out for the year then comes back next year looks like trash for a few games then plays well and gets hurt again.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

^Lmao, this guy has been following pretty closely. Sucks for Reggie.

I want to replace REggie with Sproles now with my complaints..... get Darren more carries, dude is doing WORK. 4 20+ yard carries on 49 attempts.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know it's the NFL but Reggie is looking slower and slower by every year. Of course he still has speed to burn, but USC Reggie was so much quicker than the Reggie now a days.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 02:39 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3rd straight 100 yard game.

Doesn't this KIND of validate the fact that he would have turned out a lot better if he wasnt drafted by the Saints?

Im not saying he would be at Peterson's level or CJesque but I think his stat line would have been much better had he gone to a team that relied on the run game more than a gimmicky pass heavy offense.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 03:10 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post

Doesn't this KIND of validate the fact that he would have turned out a lot better if he wasnt drafted by the Saints?

Im not saying he would be at Peterson's level or CJesque but I think his stat line would have been much better had he gone to a team that relied on the run game more than a gimmicky pass heavy offense.
It scares me to think what he could have achieved in Gary Kubiak's offense.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post

Seriously? As one of Bush's biggest supporters when he was in NO, the addition and production of Darren Sproles negates this post incredibly.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Seriously? As one of Bush's biggest supporters when he was in NO, the addition and production of Darren Sproles negates this post incredibly.
How? The Dolphins are much less talented as a team, and they're getting a ton of production out of Reggie running the ball that we couldn't. Sproles could probably be doing a lot better with more carries too. Sometimes we split the carries to our own detriment.

Everyone wanted to pretend that because Brees was here, Bush should be getting more yards because the passing game opens things up. but you know what's the best thing that has happened to Bush? Consistent carries.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:23 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

meh...it is true that he didnt really get the carries or the full support as a lead back there, though. Not that he showed he could handle such a thing, either.

But in any case, it's nice to see him surpassing 1,000 yards on the ground this year on 200+ carries. Or at least, he will within the next game.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

He was hurt a lot, and they didn't want to add onto that with more carries I guess. He was also hurt on special teams and reverses and gimmick plays though, and Miami said eff that, and just hands him the ball.

I'd like to see them get a legit QB and coach though, I want to see what he can do from a yards from scrimmage standpoint with a gameplan built around him.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:28 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is he so determined at the end of the season to pad stats? He should have been doing this all along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 04:14 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's definitely playing better but its because he's finally adjusting his style and running downhill.

To say his lack of success had anything to do with NO is a complete falsehood. Your completely ignoring how injury prone and fumble prone he was in New Orleans.

And Darren Sproles success in NO really shows how much of a bust Bush was. Bush should have atleast been able to do what Sproles is doing. He was actually in the perfect situation, he got to play in a dome on an explosive offense where defenses couldn't key on him and he could be used in a variety of ways. But he just didn't understand breaking tackles or running forwards.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Reggie Bush started today with 6 carries for 9 yards and a fumble. That would have been the end of his day for New Orleans most likely, and look how strong he finished.

Reggie is running the same as he's been running for hte past few years, but when we said he was running better, everyone said we were making excuses. He didn't morph this offseason.
Old 12-18-2011, 04:39 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait, I was told by many folks that Reggie was a bust.

The fact is, he wasn't as great as the expectations were, not even close. But he was still good, and that's why Miami wanted him.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote