Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-13-2011, 10:03 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jim Caldwell MUST be the next name on this list. Has to be.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:16 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I went and decided that the Chargers would be crazy to NOT go after Brian Schottenheimer. I'm not sure if it's this offseason ornext, but he fits like a glove over there, even as a first time HC.
Old 12-16-2011, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What has Marty Schottenheimer been up too?

EDIT: apparently the head coach of the Virginia Destroyers, wtf. Why is he not wanted in the NFL?

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 11:32 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
What has Marty Schottenheimer been up too?

EDIT: apparently the head coach of the Virginia Destroyers, wtf. Why is he not wanted in the NFL?
Because he got ran out after a 14-2 record.

They ****** him, basically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 04:13 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Coughlin, and loved the hire, but time to clean house. Sorry Tom, you hired Fewell, as well as, other lemons like Hufangel, Tim Lewis, and Bill Sheridan. 4 strikes and you're out.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 05:41 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spagnuolo probably won't make it through this Off-Season.. at least most Rams fans are hoping so.

Rumor on the streets is Jeff Fisher, the Rams also have direct connections to him. Stan Kroenke has a ton of money and doesn't want to strike out again.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 05:49 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Spags but he was promoted above his head, so it seems. I'm not sure Fisher would be what St. Louis needs, though. I like Fisher quite a bit but I don't trust him in consistently making the playoffs or getting to the Super Bowl.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 05:51 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Spagnuolo in all honesty. He's a great guy and a great person to have for the community. He's just in over his had at this point in time.

Jeff Fisher is probably my top candidate. A proven winner. Something St. Louis needs.

Another RUMOR is that Stan Kroenke is in the process of hiring Dick Vermiel as President. Bill Cowher is a very long shot, and I'm hesitant to bring in another coordinator or college coach.

Old 12-18-2011, 05:55 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dick Vermeil would be an outstanding front office hire. If the Rams are focused on hiring proven head coaches then they could hire Marty Schottenheimer, Brian Billick, Bill Cowher (doubtful), Jon Gruden (doubtful), Steve Mariucci (doubtful), Tom Coughlin once he's fired.

I don't know who I'd go after w/ the Rams. I'm gonna have to think about that.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 05:57 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

My first choice through and through is going to be Jon Gruden. Especially considering he's a fiery guy and has a man crush on Sam Bradford. I think those two with Josh McDaniels as Offensive Coordinator would be outstanding.

Either way, I want to go more Offensive Minded this way through, or at least an aggressive coach. I would, however like to keep Spagnuolo as Defensive Coordinator if he'd be willing. A team of Josh McDaniels and Steve Spagnuolo as OC and DC would be pretty incredible. Add in someone like Jeff Fisher or Jon Gruden, and then it looks a lot better.

Old 12-18-2011, 06:57 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you guys think that the Chiefs upsetting the Packers has given Crennel the HC job in KC? He's a great DC, that much is known but i could see Pioli trying to get McDaniels as his OC (i think the Rams clean house) and keep Crennel as his DC.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:11 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

Shefter reported that St. Louis is trying to keep McDaniels locked up.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:15 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
My first choice through and through is going to be Jon Gruden. Especially considering he's a fiery guy and has a man crush on Sam Bradford. I think those two with Josh McDaniels as Offensive Coordinator would be outstanding.

Either way, I want to go more Offensive Minded this way through, or at least an aggressive coach. I would, however like to keep Spagnuolo as Defensive Coordinator if he'd be willing. A team of Josh McDaniels and Steve Spagnuolo as OC and DC would be pretty incredible. Add in someone like Jeff Fisher or Jon Gruden, and then it looks a lot better.
I think you are living in a dream world if you think Spags will stick around as DC after getting fired.

I don't think Gruden is interested in building a team. In Tampa he inherited a solid team and won a SB with a lot of veterans. After listening to his "analysis" of some young players the last couple of years I have no faith in his talent evaluation skills.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Do you guys think that the Chiefs upsetting the Packers has given Crennel the HC job in KC? He's a great DC, that much is known but i could see Pioli trying to get McDaniels as his OC (i think the Rams clean house) and keep Crennel as his DC.
Crennel is 67 or 68 years old and not likely to be hired as HC. He'll stay as DC with maybe McDaniels as HC. Pioli seems tied to NE and that makes McDaniels a very likely hire or possibly, Mangini.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:56 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Crennel is 67 or 68 years old and not likely to be hired as HC. He'll stay as DC with maybe McDaniels as HC. Pioli seems tied to NE and that makes McDaniels a very likely hire or possibly, Mangini.
If it's between RAC, McDaniels and Mangini....KEEP RAC.I seriously wanna know why you hate us with these options you give us for HC
Old 12-18-2011, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan View Post

Fisher or Gruden could possibly be the hire but likely both Spags and McDaniels won't be back. The new HC will bring in his own people.
McDaniels probably goes to Kansas City either as HC or OC.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You say that like RAC isn't from NE...
Old 12-18-2011, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
If it's between RAC, McDaniels and Mangini....KEEP RAC.I seriously wanna know why you hate us with these options you give us for HC
I'm just playing the odds, Pioli, who will make the hire is a product of the NE way, he brought in Cassels as your QB and will very likely hire somebody Pioli knows he can get along with, considering the problems he had with Haley, but nothing is written in stone.
Also is the fact that McDaniels trained Cassel into being a starting QB. Maybe he just hires him to be OC but he may well feel that as young as McDaniels is, maybe he wasn't ready for the Bronco's job but is better prepared now.
Only Pioli knows who he wants as HC, anything I suggest, is just thought out possibilities.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
You say that like RAC isn't from NE...
He's 67 or 68 years old and isn't a long term answer for KC, therefore I doubt they hire him as HC. Pioli will want a HC who will be around for at least the next decade.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's 67 or 68 years old and isn't a long term answer for KC, therefore I doubt they hire him as HC. Pioli will want a HC who will be around for at least the next decade.
Very few coaches stay with a team that long anymore. He all ready went with the young up and coming HC and it blew up in his face. If McDaniels comes to KC it will be as an OC it's the only way he could sell it to the fans.

Last edited by Splat : 12-18-2011 at 09:18 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I love Coughlin, and loved the hire, but time to clean house. Sorry Tom, you hired Fewell, as well as, other lemons like Hufangel, Tim Lewis, and Bill Sheridan. 4 strikes and you're out.
I agree, it seems like the team just doesn't play hard all the time for him anymore. They have way too many defensive impact players to be this terrible on defense, there is simply no excuse for it and Coughlin should go.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Very few coaches stay with a team that long anymore. He all ready went with the young up and coming HC and it blew up in his face. If McDaniels comes to KC it will be as an OC it's the only way he could sell it to the fans.
Sorry, just don't see a Crennel hire as HC, the owner hired Pioli to find a strong up and coming HC for his young team, and his experience with Haley, will steer him away from a Fisher or a Gruden IMO and toward somebody he knows he can get along with.

Just my opinion and we'll know soon enough which direction he will take.

You really think they care what fans want. If the new HC wins games and returns to a 10 or 11 win season, the fans will love the guy no matter who they hire.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:10 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Romeo is 64, and I think he is in the process of auditioning for the gig. The players really like Romeo, and it might prove to be difficult to not award him the job if they the last 2. McDaniels could be his OC, if not KC would be able to find someone whom he and Pioli can agree on.

I may be the only one, but I think ultimately McDaniels won't get the job or serious consideration for it. Things did not run smoothly in Denver during his time there as HC and it may prove too difficult of a sell to the Chiefs fanbase.
H.O.O.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:43 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GMs who give the "fanbase" that much power shouldn't be GMs.

If McDaniels doesn't get the job it won't be because Pioli fears backlash from the fanbase.

When McCarthy was hired most Packer fans were lukewarm on the hire at best.

When Tomlin was hired there were plenty of skeptics as well.

Fans like to think they have the power to influence the organization. I just don't think that is true. And if the GM does give in to pressure from the fanbase he won't last long, because it shows he doesn't have conviction in his own decisions and plan for the organization.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:12 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
GMs who give the "fanbase" that much power shouldn't be GMs.

If McDaniels doesn't get the job it won't be because Pioli fears backlash from the fanbase.

When McCarthy was hired most Packer fans were lukewarm on the hire at best.

When Tomlin was hired there were plenty of skeptics as well.

Fans like to think they have the power to influence the organization. I just don't think that is true. And if the GM does give in to pressure from the fanbase he won't last long, because it shows he doesn't have conviction in his own decisions and plan for the organization.
You can't base your hire solely on what the fanbase wants or doesn't want, but you still have to account for them. Last thing you want is a revolt from the fans, especially season ticket holders.

Chiefs fans know very well about the Denver/McDaniels debacle. It's not the same as the Packers or Steelers fanbase being lukewarm on the McCarthy or Tomlin hires. Both were not HC's prior, nor did they have the issues surrounding them that McDaniels gained during his tenure in Denver.

I think McDaniels may win up in KC but as the OC not HC IMHO.
H.O.O.D is offline   Reply With Quote