Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 12-15-2011, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
1) Burfict
2) Konz
3) Adams
4) Alshon
Yea I would take Konz over Adams, I have him at 2 but it's only because I really don't think that he declares

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 04:20 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Washington, Guard from The U declared for the draft. We should seriously consider drafting him in the 1st round (depends on the board I know, I know). That is all.
Old 12-16-2011, 04:47 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only if Grubbs leaves in free agency. If not I don't see any way we draft a G high, unless we plan on moving Yanda to C.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 05:01 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm kind of preparing myself for that possibility. Rice and Flacco are going to want to get paid and I suspect Grubbs could get more money somewhere else. Hopefully it gets worked out and guard isn't a need for us come draft day.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:11 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of this depends on fre agency. Ozzie is pretty good at bringing in competent vets in at positions of need so we don't have to draft specficially for need. I agree with preparing for Grubbs to leave though, Rice is going to get a lot of money whether we re-sign him or give him the franchise tag. Flacco has one more year left after this so I don't really expect a new deal for him until next offseason, Ozzie usually waits until the rookie contracts are up until he hands out new deals. Then we've got Johnson and Redding to consider as well as a few other guys who were RFAs this past offseason.

So while we're on the topic of drafting guards, would anybody be upset with Cordy Glenn in the first round? Like TACKLE said it depends on the board but LG could be a glaring need if we don't re-sign Grubbs and don't sign anybody in FA. DeCastro would obviously be the best pick but I doubt he will be available when we draft. I'm not too familiar with Washington.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would almost rather resign the guys we have, we probably have the most dominant pair of guards in the game, why change it.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 12-16-2011, 10:37 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
So while we're on the topic of drafting guards, would anybody be upset with Cordy Glenn in the first round?
Yes I would.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Yea to be honest I really dislike Glenn as a prospect. I would almost rather draft any other guard and I'm not even for drafting a guard. Zeitler will most likely be available if Glenn still is (despite the fact that Zeitler is the better player) and I would rather take a reach on him if we went that route

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 12-17-2011, 12:31 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
I would almost rather resign the guys we have, we probably have the most dominant pair of guards in the game, why change it.
That might not be possible though. Grubbs is probably going to get a nice contract and we might not be able to afford that with Rice and our other free agents. That and we just gave Yanda a new contract, it's not common to see teams tie a lot of money up in the G position.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
That might not be possible though. Grubbs is probably going to get a nice contract and we might not be able to afford that with Rice and our other free agents. That and we just gave Yanda a new contract, it's not common to see teams tie a lot of money up in the G position.
True especially with other team needs about, I just hate the idea of losing Grubbs :(

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 12-18-2011, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still have a CB high on our draft board. If Janoris Jenkins falls to us we should jump all over him.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I still have a CB high on our draft board. If Janoris Jenkins falls to us we should jump all over him.
I've been saying this for awhile now. I like Smith and he will improve but having another guy on the other side would be great, this would allow us to keep Webb at nick where I think he can dominate.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 12-27-2011, 05:07 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

A little different but I really like what all these guys bring to the table. I've watched as much of Silatolu as I could find and all I can say is the guy is a beast. He has a ton of upside as a guard and expect him to be a similar level prospect to Will Rackley, maybe better.

1. Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina
2. Amini Silatolu (#57), G, Midwestern State
3. Jeff Demps, RB, Florida
5. Omar Bolden, CB, Arizona State
6. Demario Davis, LB, Arkansas State (make sure you watch the play at 1:24)
7. Travis Benjamin, WR, Miami

Last edited by TACKLE : 12-27-2011 at 05:10 AM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Donta Hightower will be the pick if he is at our position. Ozzie loves players from his alma mater and Hightower is a versatile LB with good attitude.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:06 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I think Donta Hightower will be the pick if he is at our position. Ozzie loves players from his alma mater and Hightower is a versatile LB with good attitude.
If we take him in the first, I'll be pissed. I like the guy and I like how he plays but he's just soooo slow.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I havent seen enough of him but from what I read he has the "play like a Raven" player. How do you think he would fit into our defense?
Old 12-27-2011, 02:27 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I havent seen enough of him but from what I read he has the "play like a Raven" player. How do you think he would fit into our defense?
I would agree that he 'plays like a Raven'. I guess he'd be a thumper LB who struggles in space but we already have 3 of those. However, Saban does use him as a DE in nickel situations and he thrives there. If JJ leaves in FA, I would be a lot more supportive of the pick if we played him at SLB because personally, I think SLB in a 34 is his best fit.

With that being said, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if we did take him.

But check him out for yourself. This was one of his best of the year.

Last edited by TACKLE : 12-27-2011 at 02:37 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:25 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we take Donta Hightower in the first I'll be ******* livid. I'd take him as a thumper at the end of the second, but I'll be damned if we choose him as the heir to Ray. Hightower is going to get TORCHED in coverage against the uberathletic TE's that run show on the NFL nowadays. I'm already crying inside picturing Hightower trying to cover Gresham down the seam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

The dude just has no speed or burst whatsoever. He has been affective as a DE but I don't know how well that will translate to the NFL (him lining up as a DE, I know guys like Suggs do it, I just don't see HIM doing it).

We already have 2 other guys with his skill set on our team we need to add a guy to compliment those two for the future.

I think Taze may fall to us and if not then we may have to wait a year to get our guy, maybe target T'eo next year. Although I wasn't that high on him this year over the other two, I wouldn't mind him next year.

If I could have my pick of likely scenarios:

Round 1: Taze (Mike Adams back up pick)
Round 2: Devier Posey (Back up pick Chris Polk)
Round 3: Ben Jones (Back up pick Sean Spence)

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:

Last edited by Sloopy : 12-28-2011 at 01:13 AM.
Old 12-30-2011, 04:49 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

I really have no interest in taking an OT outside of the top 4 guys. I'm far more comfortable with Oher moving back to LT than I am replacing McKinnie with one of those next tier guys from this awful senior OT group.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:19 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

I want a LB or two that can cover. Get it done Ozzie.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I want a LB or two that can cover. Get it done Ozzie.
It's weird but I would almost rather have Kuechly fall to us than Taze and I love me some Taze.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 01-09-2012, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

While the chances that Burfict falls to us have certainly been increased, it is still unlikely we see him on the board come our pick (especially the deeper we get into the playoffs :) ). Guys like Mike Adams and Konz are obviously great consolation prizes, but lets say they don't make it to us either.

Trying to find a guy who may be around at the bottom of round one, I am falling more and more in love with the idea of taking Upshaw as a BPA.

He certainly could play outside and pass rush, but I like his versatility and the fact that he has the ability to move inside. Whether he plays outside for most plays and base packages and only switches inside for pass rush situations when we bring in Krug, or if he just permanently stays inside, I like the idea of adding another versatile, impact player to this defense.

Thoughts?

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 01-15-2012, 09:17 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Birk likely to retire, Konz is getting higher on my list. I think Gurode is on a 2 year deal so he could start next year but I think Konz could be a decade long starter.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:30 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Birk was a FA after this season anyways so Konz doesn't really move up my board, where he was pretty high anyways. Besides the report came from Casserly and Birk has already disputed that report:

Quote:
Aaron Wilson

Matt Birk on whether he'll retire: "No, I haven't made that decision yet and I don't know Charley Casserly. I don't even know who he is, I don't know him, he didn't talk to me. I don't think it's unique for someone in my situation to contemplate it. I'm just focused on the moment. After the season, there will be pleny of time to figure out what I'm going to do next year.
Konz in the first round or Brewster/Jones in the second sounds good to me regardless.