Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-20-2011, 11:36 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default OSU ruling comes out this afternoon

3pm release. Doubt if too much is added on to what OSU already self-imposed.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:41 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've heard one more scholarship reduction (currently is 5 'ship reduction spread over the next 3 years) added to the self-imposed sanctions and a 3-5 year show cause for Jim Tressel....meaning they are pretty much sentence served with the player suspensions, forfeited games, paid-back bowl money, minor scholarship reductions, and loss of their head coach. most of the weight is gonna fall on Tressel in this case.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Postseason ban in 2012

9 scholarships lost over three years

Extra year of probation after the schollies return.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Postseason ban in 2012

Highly unlikely

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:00 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Postseason ban in 2012

Push that bowl ban to this gator bowl.

Osu needs to fire gene smith this afternoon.

Also, the NCAA just ****** itself. No school will self report and cooperate with an investigation. Osu did and got hammered.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post

Also, the NCAA just ****** itself. No school will self report and cooperate with an investigation. Osu did and got hammered.
Wait is this the actual result? I literally can't find anything listing this. As far as I was concerned they weren't even releasing until 3.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 12-20-2011, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
Wait is this the actual result? I literally can't find anything listing this. As far as I was concerned they weren't even releasing until 3.
It was decided at 2, there was a press silence until 3 (yeah, like that lasted). Yes, that is the actual result.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 12-20-2011, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It was decided at 2, there was a press silence until 3 (yeah, like that lasted). Yes, that is the actual result.
Not that I'm doubting you but can you throw up a link of any kind? I'm searching like crazy but can't find anything... not on the NCAA site not on ESPN nowhere in any news outlets

EDIT: http://twitter.com/#!/SportsCenter/s...03557235703808

found one

Wow, the NCAA is ridiculous. I maintain that these infractions were relatively minor. I would like to see the report if anything else was found but if not then this is ludicrous.

Maybe I'm just being spiteful but considering Auburn payed a player to play amongst other violations around the league. In comparison this is small and isn't even close to the USC violations.

I wouldn't expect anyone to self report anytime soon if this is the "leniency" you get for opening up your books.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:

Last edited by Sloopy : 12-20-2011 at 02:09 PM.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:06 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bout ******* time the NCAA hits someone outside of USC. I cant hope for stuff like this on any school because I know what it was like being an SC fan, but the NCAA needs to be way more consistent with their rulings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Bout ******* time the NCAA hits someone outside of USC. I cant hope for stuff like this on any school because I know what it was like being an SC fan, but the NCAA needs to be way more consistent with their rulings.
I don't think that you can even put this in the same breath as USC's violations and the school actually self reported a lot of the violations

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 12-20-2011, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:

Eh, it's not that bad. USC got worse for less players being involved. Would I rather the Bowl Ban be this year? Yes, Gene Smith blew it by not doing what Miami did, but this is fair in and of itself.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 12-20-2011, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't even think the ruling is bad at all. Stop your bitching.

On edit: Shane agrees and beat me to it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Eh, it's not that bad. USC got worse for less players being involved. Would I rather the Bowl Ban be this year? Yes, Gene Smith blew it by not doing what Miami did, but this is fair in and of itself.
3 vs 5 and way worse violations. I still will be interested to read the report

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 12-20-2011, 02:22 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

Quote:
You mean waiting until bowl season to hand down the ruling is fair? No it's assholic. Giving osu no time to make a decision this year. Being cooperative is a joke. USC had 32 major violations vs osu's five. Loic vs ftm. Don't mind the bowl ban but do it this season against the players that actually committed the violations.

And Rutgers fan go troll a thread in a sport that your school is relevant in.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
You mean waiting until bowl season to hand down the ruling is fair? No it's assholic. Giving osu no time to make a decision this year. Being cooperative is a joke. USC had 32 major violations vs osu's five. Loic vs ftm. Don't mind the bowl ban but do it this season against the players that actually committed the violations.

And Rutgers fan go troll a thread in a sport that your school is relevant in.
How was Miami able to make a decision without a ruling being handed down? Come on, I hoped Gene Smith was smart enough to know this was coming.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 12-20-2011, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

From Yahoo's Charles Robinson:

"Key witness refused to cooperate w/ NCAA's Ohio State probe. Had he taken part, sanctions could have been far worse. OSU dodged a bullet. Witness was a civilian close to players."

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 12-20-2011, 02:35 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gene Smith is a moron. Didn't self-impose a postseason ban because he was so certain that it wouldn't be necessary. What a moron. When are we gonna fire the worst AD in school history by far?

Message to schools nationwide: don't self-report or you'll get raped in the ass. Do like the SEC and cover everything up.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:36 PM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only part of this that is BS is the Bowl ban for next season. There will be Freshman and Sophomores on this team that will be punished for things that didn't even happen when they were there. The Bowl ban should have been for this season. This is complete F'in BS!!!!
Old 12-20-2011, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballGod View Post
The only part of this that is BS is the Bowl ban for next season. There will be Freshman and Sophomores on this team that will be punished for things that didn't even happen when they were there. The Bowl ban should have been for this season. This is complete F'in BS!!!!
But what about the freshmen this year who had nothing to do with it! Oh the horror! Bowl Ban is institutional punishment, not worried about the players. Gene Smith had his shot for a self-imposed Bowl ban and blew it. God helps us if he becomes Big Ten commissioner.

Also, OSU can't play in Big Ten Title game next year per Big Ten rules

Follow Me on Twitter!

Last edited by Shane P. Hallam : 12-20-2011 at 02:43 PM.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:45 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

Quote:
But what about the freshmen this year who had nothing to do with it! Oh the horror! Bowl Ban is institutional punishment, not worried about the players.

That is the killer IMO. Likely bcs bowl and a b1g champ game.

Gene needs to be fired ASAP. And I'd like to burn down the NCAA hq. they ruled instantly on auburn. If they go light on south Carolina I am gonna lose it.
FootballGod
Rookie

FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But what about the freshmen this year who had nothing to do with it! Oh the horror! Bowl Ban is institutional punishment, not worried about the players.

Gene Smith needs to be fired on the spot. He was a smug a-hole this whole time with his prediction that no bowl ban was going to be put on OSU. That man is dead to me. He should have put a bowl ban on OSU this year. I care more about future recruiting and this is really going to bite into our now top 5 class. How many kids decommit from this news that we just got to hop on board?
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Not one of the 5 players will even be on the team for the ban...

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 12-20-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballGod View Post
Gene Smith needs to be fired on the spot. He was a smug a-hole this whole time with his prediction that no bowl ban was going to be put on OSU. That man is dead to me. He should have put a bowl ban on OSU this year. I care more about future recruiting and this is really going to bite into our now top 5 class. How many kids decommit from this news that we just got to hop on board?
Eh, don't think you see many decommit as they are there for Meyer anyway.

Smith won't be fired, should be, but it would look too bad for OSU. Unfortunately, we are stuck with him. Maybe Gee will wise up though.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 12-20-2011, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Eh, don't think you see many decommit as they are there for Meyer anyway.

Smith won't be fired, should be, but it would look too bad for OSU. Unfortunately, we are stuck with him. Maybe Gee will wise up though.
I just don't understand how you can allow the players involved in the sanctions to play in this years bowl game but come back next year and punish a coach and players who weren't even involved

Not to mention what this does for self reporting

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 12-20-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
I just don't understand how you can allow the players involved in the sanctions to play in this years bowl game but come back next year and punish a coach and players who weren't even involved

Not to mention what this does for self reporting
Self reporting probably saved this from being worse IMO.

Follow Me on Twitter!