Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-17-2011, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
He hasn't even interviewed yet.

All signs point to one of...

Paul Chryst
Luke Fickell
Mario Cristobal

I don't even care anymore. I just want a coach that will...

Stay for a while (show commitment)
Recruit well, both regionally as well as Florida, etc.
Keep Rushel Shell, Chad Voytik, and Adam Bisnowaty.
Shell pretty much HAS to stay at Pitt. The only way I see him leaving is if a school promises to have him and his baby mom's stay on campus and help them out with the babies.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:42 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mark Stoops announced he's staying at FSU through 2012 despite Auburn offering to triple his salary.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 02:19 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
C. (It's Oregon... maybe Aragorn?) Yes it is
It is Ed Orgeron...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol, then I admit that im wrong. My b

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:19 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RUmor that urban offered Larry Johnson to coach the dl if he ends up leaving psu. Between the all world dl recruits osu has taken from them and now this, it's totally brutal.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
RUmor that urban offered Larry Johnson to coach the dl if he ends up leaving psu. Between the all world dl recruits osu has taken from them and now this, it's totally brutal.
Yeah, if that's the reason why Spence went to OSU, then I'm going to be very, VERY pissed off. LJ would have landed Spence at PSU if none of this **** came out. Ugh.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:04 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Shell pretty much HAS to stay at Pitt. The only way I see him leaving is if a school promises to have him and his baby mom's stay on campus and help them out with the babies.
Well, it's not like players leave their baby's mamas all the time ;). But I guess he really likes her. Was a package deal. She got a full-ride to Pitt, as well.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Well, it's not like players leave their baby's mamas all the time ;). But I guess he really likes her. Was a package deal. She got a full-ride to Pitt, as well.
They've been together for I believe 4 years IIRC.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:02 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's looking like Southern Miss is about to hire South Carolina DC Ellis Johnson as their new HC

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:56 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Johnson would be a good hire.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Johnson has been a great DC at SC, so I only hope him the best. His previous record as a HC(12-22) should not be ignored however. That be saying, he's all the wiser now, and has spent numerous years under a legend of the game since then.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:38 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rumors circulating that 49ers D-Line coach Jim Tomsula is a candidate for the Pitt job.

Not sure I'm buying it.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Norm Chow New Hawaii Head Coach!!!

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.staradvertiser.com/sports... id=135942508
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 05:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

I wanted my own thread damnit! This was sure to have a least 100 responses!!!

lol.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Stoops supposedly interested in the SC defensive coordinator job. Would be a good hire for Spurrier, and if he's interested, seems like a pretty good chance of happening, with Spurrier's ties to the Stoops family.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 12-20-2011, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Also, Coastal Carolina hired TD Ameritrade's Chairman of the Board as their head football coach. His previous football experience is head coach of a UFL team. lol

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 12-20-2011, 07:39 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

Thats awesome, really happy for him. He will always have a place in my heart, the glory days of SC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 01:26 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Mike Stoops supposedly interested in the SC defensive coordinator job. Would be a good hire for Spurrier, and if he's interested, seems like a pretty good chance of happening, with Spurrier's ties to the Stoops family.
if he doesn't go to Oklahoma it will be an enormous upset.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:27 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/...o-state-hiring

Everett Withers officially confirmed as Co-Defensive Coordinator and Assistant Head Coach at Ohio State.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/...o-state-hiring

Everett Withers officially confirmed as Co-Defensive Coordinator and Assistant Head Coach at Ohio State.
Don't know if its been posted but Vrabel will also be retained as the LB coach

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/...-talks-withers

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Paul Chryst is the new head coach at Pitt.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:28 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Chryst a ton, especially relative to the other candidates they were interviewing. He doesn't have any experience as a head coach, but if I'm a Pitt fan I probably feel better going forward with him than I did going forward with Graham even.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 11:28 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Chryst hiring isn't official but seems likely.

I can only imagine Ray Graham and Rushel Shell in a Chryst-Wisconsin-style rushing attack.

Seems he has a couple guys on the Wisconsin staff who seem to be natural fits at Pitt.

Tight ends coach and recruiting coordinator Joe Rudolph is from Belle Vernon, PA. Co-defensive coordinator Charlie Partridge was an assistant at Pitt under both Walt Harris and Dave Wannstedt. And strength coach, Ben Herbert, is a West Allegheny graduate and still has family here in Pittsburgh.

Last edited by phlysac : 12-21-2011 at 11:32 PM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:57 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Seems official...

Quote:
Official: Pitt hires Paul Chryst
December, 22, 2011 10:50 AM ET
By Andrea Adelson

Pitt hired Wisconsin offensive coordinator Paul Chryst on Thursday, and has an afternoon press conference set to introduce him.

Chryst comes to the Panthers after being on the Wisconsin staff since 2005, and replaces Todd Graham. Here is more from the Pitt release:

Over the past three seasons (2009-11), Wisconsin boasts the Big Ten’s best record (32-7, .821) while being fueled by an offense that has averaged 39.3 points per game during that span. Chryst, who also coaches quarterbacks, has been named a finalist for the prestigious Broyles Award, annually presented to college football’s top assistant, each of the past two seasons.

His 23-year coaching career includes 16 seasons on the collegiate level and seven years in the professional ranks.

"We are extremely pleased to welcome Coach Chryst and his family to Pittsburgh,” athletic director Steve Pederson said. “His remarkable success at Wisconsin is well documented in the form of Big Ten championships and All-America performances. But beyond his achievements on the football field, we believed it was important to find a leader who gets the very best from his players while also developing the kind of culture that fits the University of Pittsburgh. Paul Chryst is that leader and we are anxious for our players and fans to get to know him in the coming days and years.”

“My family and I greatly appreciate the opportunity to join the University of Pittsburgh,” Chryst said. “Pitt and Pittsburgh are absolutely the right fit for us, and we’re looking forward to getting immersed in our new hometown. We are committed to building a program on and off the field that will make people proud. The bar is set high in the ‘City of Champions’ and that is incredibly exciting and inspiring. I can’t wait to meet our players and get to work.”
http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post...es-paul-chryst

Great hire!
Old 12-22-2011, 10:00 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Akron hires....Terry Bowden

http://www.ohio.com/news/break-news/...-zips-1.251701