Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 12-22-2011, 07:02 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
How has no one mentioned Maurice Jones-Drew? That guy is 5'6 in high heels I know he was a second rounder. But he is proof that Dunn sized guys can be featured backs.
Because he isn't a Dunn sized back, nor is he remotely similar as a runner. Neither is Ray Rice. Both of those guys are power runners who are built like minitanks and utilize their low center of gravity to their advantage. Mojo probably has 25 pounds on Dunn. Dunn was a slashing, speed runner who would occasionally show some break tackle ability. Mojo is already a much better football player then Dunn ever was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:04 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calubflower View Post
Really? He easily has 30 pounds on Warrick. If not 40. I think there were reports of him being 220 at some point. I know I've heard him on NFLN and such talking about dropping weight over the course of his career.
He is 208. I know MJD is a more powerful runner. I'm talking more about his height.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He is 208. I know MJD is a more powerful runner. I'm talking more about his height.
I know he's listed at 208. But I've also seen him on TV, talking to Rich Eisen or somebody, talking about nutrition and how he was at like 215 during the offseason or some ****. At any rate, I think this discussion is more about skinny running backs than short ones. MJD just isn't built like Warrick Dunn, and doesn't run like him, either.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:09 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Because he isn't a Dunn sized back, nor is he remotely similar as a runner. Neither is Ray Rice. Both of those guys are power runners who are built like minitanks and utilize their low center of gravity to their advantage. Mojo probably has 25 pounds on Dunn. Dunn was a slashing, speed runner who would occasionally show some break tackle ability. Mojo is already a much better football player then Dunn ever was.
So I can't mention MJD but you can mention McFadden, who is 6'2? Jones-Drew is a hell of a lot closer to being a Dunn-sized player than McFadden is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:23 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So I can't mention MJD but you can mention McFadden, who is 6'2? Jones-Drew is a hell of a lot closer to being a Dunn-sized player than McFadden is.
I was going more for playing style, but sure, get all bent out of shape about it. And McFadden is definitely closer to Dunn's weight then Mojo is, not to mention the fact that he's actually quite similar to Dunn in his ability to identify and explode through lanes rather then run through people, like MJD. But sure, get all bent out of shape over it pal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:36 AM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Teams don't trust smaller backs in a feature role and most are going with a committee now anyway. RB just aren't as valuable as they once were.

Garrett Wolfe was suppose to be the next Dunn. Right now Jacquizz Rodgers has the best chance to be a smurf feature back. Kendall Hunter? Dion Lewis? Maybe?

Keep your eye on John White, Utah next year. He's 5'8", 186lbs and can run between the tackles.

Don't know why small backs don't get featured more. Look at all those 6'+, 200lb+ backs who can't stay healthy. If a guy is talented, give him the rock until he drops.
norcalgsr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:15 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I was going more for playing style...
Then you failed miserably. McFadden is a scatback until he reaches the second level. Then, he pretty much operates like a FB. That's one of the reason the putz can't stay healthy.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 07:53 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about we all just agree to disagree and call this thread a fail.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:34 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
Nice revisionist history going on in here. Dunn was okay between the tackles, and wasn't a really physical runner at all. Once he started playing with Mike Vick he just made the most out of the opportunity of seeing teams completely forget about the middle of the field while they were in the process of ******** their pants making sure that Vick was contained. The reason Dunn was viewed as a good inside runner is because teams didn't actually defend the middle of the field like they normally did against teams that didn't have a run-first QB with 4.3 speed. The only team that didn't completely sell out to stop Vick and fail at it on a consistent basis was the Bucs because they actually managed to build a good tampa-2 defense before all of Dungy's disciples spread it all over the place. Warrick Dunn was a good player, but he got running lanes that no one other than Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson had the opportunity of benefiting from for an extended period of time.

Warrick's more physical and was a better player than you are making him out to be, but you correct about how much Michael Vick aided our running attack. I still miss our awesome ZBS with Vick at the helm.

Warrick was one of my favorites. Tremendous person off the field too.
Old 12-24-2011, 01:42 AM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Rainey reminds me of Warrick Dunn. Very fast, good change of direction, slight build yet breaks some tackles.
Miaoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:38 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread sort of implies that there were guys like Warrick Dunn and it's a dying breed, when Dunn was basically one of a kind.

I still never understood the reason why short running backs seem to drop, due to size concerns, when they are clearly built powerfully(Mojo, etc).
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 09:23 AM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaoww View Post
Chris Rainey reminds me of Warrick Dunn. Very fast, good change of direction, slight build yet breaks some tackles.
Love this comparison!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:41 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
When I said Warrick Dunn types, again I'm referring to the 5'8''-5'9'' 180-185lb guys.
You realize how specific you're trying to get, right? In a era filled with steroids, HGH, and all sorts of other stuff to make you big it's tough to find guys like that who can even succeed due to being small. So maybe it is the "death of the Warrick Dunns", but is it really for the worse? The smaller backs now-a-days are a little bit bigger than Dunn and are much better because of that. Speed backs are much more well rounded and I have no problem with that at all. Look at the bigger backs too, even they aren't what they used to be, they are much faster and less bowl you over. The game is changing ever so rapidly and gone are the days of the backs with one skill, you need to be big, fast and strong. I would much rather have an average height and weight back who is well rounded in all facets of the game over a small, under-sized speedster or a big-lug who is only going to bowl you over and never outrun you.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 11:12 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wasn't Clinton Portis like 185 when he first entered the league?

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
wasn't Clinton Portis like 185 when he first entered the league?

He was 204 at the combine...
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:45 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
This thread sort of implies that there were guys like Warrick Dunn and it's a dying breed, when Dunn was basically one of a kind.

I still never understood the reason why short running backs seem to drop, due to size concerns, when they are clearly built powerfully(Mojo, etc).
It's not about being short. It's being short AND lightweight.

And Dunn isn't one of a kind. For his career, he only averaged 14.7 rushes and 2.8 receptions per game. He never topped 200 carries in any college season.
norcalgsr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:04 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalgsr View Post
It's not about being short. It's being short AND lightweight.

And Dunn isn't one of a kind. For his career, he only averaged 14.7 rushes and 2.8 receptions per game. He never topped 200 carries in any college season.
Finally!!!!! Someone sees where I was going with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Powerhouse22112
Rookie

Powerhouse22112 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Danny Woodhead to some degree??? Woodhead is listed between 5'7"-5'9" depending on what site you look on and is probably in the 180-190 lb. range. He can run between the tackles and has some degree of power.
Powerhouse22112 is offline   Reply With Quote