Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 12-23-2011, 01:55 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Barkley is making a tremendous mistake. There's always a risk of a serious injury, on any play.
There's also a risk of scouts and GM's picking him apart, finding flaws that aren't really there.
Whether it's a la Leinart, Brady Quinn, or Brian Brohm for example. Those guy's all had their stocks peak a year before they were in the draft.

A small part of me admires Barkley for staying, and staying loyal to the school (unlike 95% of basketball players).

But most of me thinks he's foolish, and scared to enter the real world, and is choosing the easy way out.... again, the college life, especially at SoCal, that's hard to walk away from. What hetero dude wants to leave that?

But they never mention that part when they say they're staying. I'd love to hear someone say it!

Quote:
College: An educational institution or a constituent part of an educational institution. Usage of the word college varies in English-speaking nations. A college may be a degree-awarding tertiary educational institution, an institution within a federal university, an institution offering vocational education, or a secondary school.

The main purpose of is to better a person's chance of obtaining a better job upon exiting college, whether with an associate's, bachelor's, masters, PhD, or doctorate degree.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:58 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I think Barkley is making a tremendous mistake. There's always a risk of a serious injury, on any play.
There's also a risk of scouts and GM's picking him apart, finding flaws that aren't really there.
Whether it's a la Leinart, Brady Quinn, or Brian Brohm for example. Those guy's all had their stocks peak a year before they were in the draft.

A small part of me admires Barkley for staying, and staying loyal to the school (unlike 95% of basketball players).

But most of me thinks he's foolish, and scared to enter the real world, and is choosing the easy way out.... again, the college life, especially at SoCal, that's hard to walk away from. What hetero dude wants to leave that?

But they never mention that part when they say they're staying. I'd love to hear someone say it!
Matt Barkley isn't doing it for the easy way out. He went to Mater Dei, probably the most competitive football school in Southern California, then he went to USC, the best football school in the nation at the time. He's going to prove he's the best. His family is plenty wealthy, they live in Newport Beach. If he has a career ending injury he won't be begging for money on the streets.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:03 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There's actually an insurance policy college athletes can take.

Luck signed a small one this past year think it was like 5 million dollars coverage. (chump change to what he could have made in the nfl) but there's different levels depending on how much you invest.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barkley will have a chance to complete his college career as one of the greatest QBs to come out of that school. Now that their probation is over, he won't just be the QB during their probation, but now has a chance at returning USC to greatness solidiftying a legacy. He'll be the Heismann front runner, he'll be the undoubted #1 QB prospect heading into the season and he could end up earning way more money next year.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:33 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
There's actually an insurance policy college athletes can take.

Luck signed a small one this past year think it was like 5 million dollars coverage. (chump change to what he could have made in the nfl) but there's different levels depending on how much you invest.
I was reading just this morning that Rob Gronkowski almost retired before the draft to cash in on a $4 Million insurance policy.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I don't thhink first-round draft pick, NFL quarterback fits the typical definition 'real world', nor do I think that life is too different than the life of a Heisman-contending QB for USC.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Barkley will have a chance to complete his college career as one of the greatest QBs to come out of that school. Now that their probation is over, he won't just be the QB during their probation, but now has a chance at returning USC to greatness solidiftying a legacy. He'll be the Heismann front runner, he'll be the undoubted #1 QB prospect heading into the season and he could end up earning way more money next year.
You do know someone is going to come in here and say you had a much differant take on Jake Locker when he stayed after his junior year. Just want to give you a heads up.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would walk away from the college life in California in an instant to be a multimillionaire pro football player.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
I would walk away from the college life in California in an instant to be a multimillionaire pro football player.
IDK USC is breaking bread.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

You were going along the standard perspective until you thought of him as 'scared to enter the real world' and 'choosing the easy way out'.

Holy crap. You went from pessimistic to highly insulting in one sentence.

The way I understand it, USC is finally Bowl Eligible now. And no matter what anybody else says, reaching and winning a High-Level Bowl Game, let alone the National Championship, is going to be the goal for them. And Barkley chose to NOT take money and jump the ship.

What's the REAL 'easy way out'? Earning a bunch of money whether going to a crud franchise or a good one that allows him time to develop- or fighting in the college ranks to actually WIN something?

...I hate the negative perspective, I really do. Because the negative perspective seems to feel top-rated QBs should walk out after their Junior years NO MATTER WHAT.
Zycho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
IDK USC is breaking bread.
Some of them probably take a cut in pay when they turn pro.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:24 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
You do know someone is going to come in here and say you had a much differant take on Jake Locker when he stayed after his junior year. Just want to give you a heads up.
Except USC will be competing for a nc and heisman with a quality team and quality wr tandem. None of which ever applied to locker.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Except USC will be competing for a nc and heisman with a quality team and quality wr tandem. None of which ever applied to locker.
I was responding to D-Unit who said that Barkley could be one of the best there at his position, go to a big bowl, heisman favorite, undoubtedly the #1 prospect, possibly make more money........all things that applied to Locker.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Yeah, but Jake Locker was someone who I considered to be overhyped. I thought he was nowhere near the Top 3 prospect people had him at in the 2010 draft. When he gave that up, I thought he was making a mistake... and surely enough, his crappy senior year did enough damage to prove me right.

It's never a case where the decision is the same for everyone.

Locker never had a chance to compete for a National Championship. He was not returning to a talented team. It was more about QB development for him.

Barkley is legit and his decision is much like Andrew Luck's. I never had an issue with Luck going back. I knew he'd be a Top 3 pick whenever he declared.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Yeah, but Jake Locker was someone who I considered to be overhyped. I thought he was nowhere near the Top 3 prospect people had him at in the 2010 draft. When he gave that up, I thought he was making a mistake... and surely enough, his crappy senior year did enough damage to prove me right.

Locker never had a chance to compete for a National Championship. He was not returning to a talented team. It was more about QB development for him.

Barkley is legit and his decision is much like Andrew Luck's. I never had an issue with Luck going back. I knew he'd be a Top 3 pick whenever he declared.
Don't want to relitigate the whole Jake Locker decision but there is no real proof that he would have gone higher in 2010 than he did this past year.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Or scouts can ignore flaws just look at Blaine Gabbert. It has become clear unless you are a scout for an NFL team don't really know what they are looking for in a prospect. If they do what they are supposed to they can find all the flaws. The scouting process is a long one for college football. If you don't find a flaw then, another year won't help you find it. If you want to be like every other debbie downer then sure he is taking the easy way out he is definitely not looking to win a national title, heisman, and return USC a team he grew up liking back to national prominence that would just be crazy.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:46 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

He probably dropped all of 4 slots despite his poor senior season. If he had come out the season before, I imagine the Skins would have taken him with pick 4 instead of Trent Williams. That was the report at the time, anyways. He did lose himself a ton of money, but that was more due to the CBA changes then anything Locker did all by his lonesome.

I liked Locker as much last year as I did Barkley this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Without question, in my opinion.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote